Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Group want to evict one flatmate

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

beertons wrote: »
    Ask the landlord for a new lease, an updated one. Voila, his name is off it.

Happened in a house i was in a few years ago. Was 4 names on lease. Hocus pocus, new lease had just the one name.

Nonsense, the old lease doesn't just disappear, it's a contract that is still in effect.

Despite the posts from people who know nothing about the law regarding renting, there is nothing the op can do here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

turbot wrote: »
    OP, to state the obvious, have you tried simply all asking this person to leave?

:eek:

I say nuke the entire site from orbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 GoldieLocks99

He could be prosecuted for criminal damage if the gards establish that he is not the owner. I don't see how they could pass it off as a civil matter when people inside will maintain that they don't want him in.

What people think will happen and what actually happens are totally different things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

He could be prosecuted for criminal damage if the gards establish that he is not the owner. I don't see how they could pass it off as a civil matter when people inside will maintain that they don't want him in.

Locking the tenant out would be a civil matter. Obviously if he were to subsequently break any laws then it would become a matter for the Gardai, but they are not going to get involved in what is essentially an arguement between a group of friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Have we suggested rolling him up in a carpet and throwing him off a bridge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

That would be murder maybe manslaughter ,

Then again he's in debt to a group of people and laughing at them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Who pays for the carpet?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭mrnobodyfan87

Hello all,

This is on behalf of a group of us with a problem - we've all been living in a flat together (we're all on the lease, I know this makes things much more difficult), but all of us are finding one of our flatmates excessively difficult to live with. It's gone from everyday laziness to worse. They constantly waste our electricity, our heat and all our food (without replacing it), as well as not being able to pay for this excess, all of us have already had to sub them for the rent, while this person wastes money on expensive things.

We feel really let down because all of us really put the effort in to make our place tidy and nice to live in, yet constantly come back to see the place a mess, with dishes in the sink for days on end, our (small enough as it is) fridge overloaded with their out of date, mouldy food. If we leave this person alone in the flat, the electricity bill almost doubles. It's becoming really difficult to live with and we don't know what to do. We've already tried raising these issues but every time we do, this person just gets angry and defensive (they're pretty much like this all the time to begin with).

We really don't know what to do, and it's made worse by the fact that all of us know someone else who would deserve to live there more. None of us want to move out, this person just has no respect for the effort we put in and we don't know how to go about fixing the situation. We've tried being patient, we've tried confrontation but nothing has changed.

HELP!!!!

I bet you can't prove the difference in the electricity bill is the result of the person in question.

You just want your mate to be able to move in, don't you? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

Hard to not feel sorry for a guy who has had this much insinuation and abuse posted on the net about him behind his back,
    I wouldn't be queuing up to live with any of you,

• Advertisement
Advertisement