Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Registered Users Posts: 55,162 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Not even in the top 100!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Having a legit thread aimed at bringing A/R community forward be locked. Also having two posters most involved in A/R fights (starting them/ stoking them creating drama) post self righteous and rude responses to my modest proposal

Presume that would have gone in the Rant thread if it was still there ! Agree about your thread - could have been interesting in a light hearted way - think we need room for a bit of craic around here :)

Having a legit thread aimed at bringing A/R community forward be locked. Also having two posters most involved in A/R fights (starting them/ stoking them creating drama) post self righteous and rude responses to my modest proposal

I'm in the clear then. I thanked your thread!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

If you have a problem with my posts report them to a MOD instead whinging on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

menoscemo wrote: »
    And let's not forget the Andy Lee fight on Saturday night. This should be getting way more coverage than it is btw, pity there is no rant thread any more :o

Well that's turned into a non event now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Well that's turned into a non event now.

It's actually win-win for Lee. They still fight and he takes his $1m purse, but even if he loses he keeps his world title.

Very disappointing from Quillin not to make weight but I am still looking forward to the fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Didn't realise the purse would still be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

It's actually win-win for Lee. They still fight and he takes his $1m purse, but even if he loses he keeps his world title.

Very disappointing from Quillin not to make weight but I am still looking forward to the fight.

Meno, is Quillins purse effected?

TbL

Meno, is Quillins purse effected?

TbL

I'd Imagine he'll be docked, I think sometimes in the contracts it might mean whatever he is docked actually goes to Lee?

I'd say Walshb would know more than me though. One to ask in the Boxing forum...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

I'd Imagine he'll be docked, I think sometimes in the contracts it might mean whatever he is docked actually goes to Lee?

I'd say Walshb would know more than me though. One to ask in the Boxing forum...

Yea there's usually a clause in the contract if your overweight you're fined. There was a fight while back where it was 100g per pound. Can't remember which, possibly Canello v Mayweather. Can u recall memo?

Yea there's usually a clause in the contract if your overweight you're fined. There was a fight while back where it was 100g per pound. Can't remember which, possibly Canello v Mayweather. Can u recall memo?

Pretty sure that was Canelo because Mayweather asked him to get right down to a catchweight (152 from his normal 154) and the suspicion was that he wouldn't make it.

Not sure if there would have been such a clause here though? I doubt anyone would have seen this coming.
    Either way i don't think Andy's purse will be affected though it probably puts him at a disadvantage in the fight itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭overpronator

Pretty sure that was Canelo because Mayweather asked him to get right down to a catchweight (152 from his normal 154) and the suspicion was that he wouldn't make it.

Not sure if there would have been such a clause here though? I doubt anyone would have seen this coming.
    Either way i don't think Andy's purse will be affected though it probably puts him at a disadvantage in the fight itself.

Is a rematch a given here or is that Quillin back to the end of the queue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Probably not, I don't think anyone would have thought Quillen would come in over, in a title fight he probably would've won.

Definitely no automatic rematch

TbL

Lee will have to fight Billy Joe Saunders next (british guy, beat Chris Eubank's son last time out). Saunders is the mandatory challenger; he was paid a fee to 'step aside' for this fight with a guarantee he gets a shot next.
    Quillin had given up the title as he didn't want to fight Lee's last opponent. He seems to have big backers though and he literally made Lee an offer he couldn't refuse to fight him.

Basically Quillin has messed up big time here.

JMM and Floyd had a weight stipulation where Floyd weighed heavy and paid a heavy fine. Without doubt the most high profile case.

"During the official weigh in for their 144 lb bout, Marquez weighed in at 142 lbs and Mayweather weighed in at 146 lbs thereby incurring a financial penalty ($300,000 for each pound over 144 lbs."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4485941

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭johnruns

Doing my 1st race in well over a year 10k kclub was looking for 39mins guy from crusaders pushed me all the way and ended up getting 37mins,injury free at last and loving it:)

oh and the cakes after were amazing:)))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭NetwerkErrer

Alvarado!!! What a beauty. 100 bucks in the pocket, I'm off to the highstool......

Great fight from Andy lee last night!!
    I gave it to him by a round but maybe a draw is fair enough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

l2Gg9iM.png

Aaaaaaaah warmth, we've been waiting a while for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

A good weekend of running for me. Got a new 5 mile PB at BHAA RTE 5 Mile on Saturday with a time of 36.22 and then a 10K PB at the Samsung Night Run last night with a time of 45.51

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Woo hoo. IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

aquinn wrote: »
    Woo hoo. IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

Congrats.

When you're of a certain vintage like Murph or I, that's a rant :)

TBL

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Taper dementedness... The dreams are magic! Shouldn't have watched Sammy Wanjiru videos on the other thread before falling asleep...

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

The Deise hurlers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Bulmers74 wrote: »

Why aren't you raving about your run today !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Bulmers74 wrote: »

'Tis only the league...as they say (when someone else wins!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

started doing regular 5 mile runs instead of 5k runs lately. ive broken my 5 mile PB last week of just over 42 minutes. <<had to express this to people who run as nobody i know in real life runs. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭rom

MarkY91 wrote: »
    started doing regular 5 mile runs instead of 5k runs lately. ive broken my 5 mile PB last week of just over 42 minutes. <<had to express this to people who run as nobody i know in real life runs. lol

lol. reminds me of last week I was walking down to the shop with a guy from work. I was a bit stiff cause I did London on the Sunday. He was like whats wrong with you. I said "I did a marathon on Sunday". He was like "Did you finish it.". I said "yeah I did". I left it at that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement