Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Need To Lose 8lbs in 2 Weeks Help!???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

mischamilo wrote: »
    No, I realize it's not to everyone's taste, but it is something I need. I've lost 3 stone already, it is the stomach that is the issue right now, I am asking those who want to advise in the best way to shed a few extra pounds more than normal, it is not unheard of.
    Its not a question of tast OP. Its a question of health. For example, the human head weighs about 8 pounds. Chop this off and there's your solution...

Or, at the other end of the scale, eat healthily and exercise. You'll reach your correct and appropriate weight. And feel much much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

mischamilo wrote: »

I was only looking for advice and some friendly tips.
    You're getting advice and some friendly tips. You're not responding well to them though...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ValidName

Cut out the usual carbs completely (bread, rice, pasta, potatoes). Use only OneCal spray instead of oil. You won't be eating bread so needless to say you'll have no butter. Eat lots so you don't feel deprived but chose only from: boiled, steamed or 'OneCal' fried carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, mushrooms, peas, turnip, squash etc. Oven roasted (sprayed with 'OneCal') parsnips, onions, squash, carrots, mushrooms, sweet potato. Chicken breast, fish or sliced ham. Tinned beans or peas. Salads. Lots of fruit salad. No dairies. Try cinnamon to flavour black coffee. No alcohol. Give yourself one day to relax the regime a little each week. I lost 3 stone in 10 weeks this way and have kept it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

ValidName wrote: »
    Cut out the usual carbs completely (bread, rice, pasta, potatoes). Use only OneCal spray instead of oil. You won't be eating bread so needless to say you'll have no butter. Eat lots so you don't feel deprived but chose only from: boiled, steamed or 'OneCal' fried carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, mushrooms, peas, turnip, squash etc. Oven roasted (sprayed with 'OneCal') parsnips, onions, squash, carrots, mushrooms, sweet potato. Chicken breast, fish or sliced ham. Tinned beans or peas. Salads. Lots of fruit salad. No dairies. Try cinnamon to flavour black coffee. No alcohol. Give yourself one day to relax the regime a little each week. I lost 3 stone in 10 weeks this way and have kept it off.

There's nothing wrong with oil (coconut, olive) or butter (the real kind). Nothing wrong with dairy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

I lost 3 stone in 10 weeks this way and have kept it off.

Come back to me in 10 months. That sounds like a living hell and a fad diet to me.

• Advertisement

There's nothing wrong with oil (coconut, olive) or butter (the real kind). Nothing wrong with dairy either.

You're absolutely right. I didn't suggest there was. However, the question was how to lose 6-8lbs in 15 days. Consumption of extra fats is going to make that impossible. If one is carrying extra weight then there is some work to be done to achieve a healthy one. Thereafter a normal balanced diet can resume.

Come back to me in 10 months. That sounds like a living hell and a fad diet to me.

I've been over a year at my 'so called' ideal weight now after the initial weight loss and have resumed a normal balanced diet of healthy, largely unprocessed food to keep it that way. I respect that your idea that 'living hell' may be eating fish, chicken, vegetables and fruits but then I hope you can respect that my idea of a 'living hell' was being out of breath climbing stairs, not being able to sleep because of back problems, having high cholesterol and wearing extra large clothes that left me with no confidence. I guess it's all a matter of priorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

That might work if you're starting from a high number of calories per day, but at under eleven stone there's no diet that will lose eight pounds in two weeks. It's simply not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

OP I have to agree with the other posters here that what you're eating now and the amount of calories you're consuming just isn't healthy. Nor is it sustainable.

You need to be eating at least 1500-2000 calories a day. Like another poster said "you are what you eat" and that's very true. So to shift the last 10 pounds or so you're going to have to change your ways. Aim for 6-8 small meals a day instead of 2-3. Never skip meals, this will slow down your metabolism. Eating more often will send your metabolism into overdrive (more of the right stuff that is). Look at your protein: carbohydrate ratio...aim to get protein into every meal...if you don't eat red meat try chicken, turkey, cottage cheese, quark, a protein shake etc. Cut out all crap like chocolate, crisps, fizzy drink, biscuits etc. Swap these with fresh fruit, nuts, kale crunches from the health food shop are delicious! And of course water. Drink as much water as you can. As for carbs, you do need them, swap processed carbs with unrefined such as porridge, whole grain brown bread, quinoa and brown pasta. Look at the sugar content in what you're eating too...sugar is the problem in most peoples diets not fat. Despite the name fats are good for you so try to consume foods such as avocados, salmon and olive/coconut oil often.

Never go hungry! The hungrier you are, the slow your metabolic rate, the more fat you'll store.

Also you said you want to spot reduce your belly and back...to be honest that's just not possible and anybody who says you can do this hasn't a clue. Good training looks at the body as a whole rather than specific areas and a good regime should hit all major muscle groups. Tummy is the hardest to lose weight from for a women, our muscles aren't as strong as men's and we carry more fat there so usually when your overall body fat % reduces then your tummy will slim down. Ideally I'd recommend you join a gym and try go to some weight classes (pump and tone etc) or if you can afford it go see a trainer who will work out a diet and exercise plan that will be specific to you! If a gym isn't an option then get moving at home. Go onto YouTube and try Gillian Michaels "30 day shred", do it every day to every second day and ensure you get about 30 mins a day into your regime every single day.

All this is from my own meandering experience and believe me it works! You just need to be patient and learn to accept and respect the skin your in!

Advertisement