Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new powers

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

thestar wrote: »
    I was quoting Scouser saying that he wont be living like a champion if he joins AGS. Any Guard I tell that I'm hoping to join and that I'm doing a masters at the moment tell me that I'm crazy, the amount of Gardai that moan about their job is ridiculous

Everyone's experience is different some members are positive thinking and some are negative . You do find those who are positive get on quicker because their attitude is noticed by those making decisions for promotions and unit selections

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭thestar

Raider190 wrote: »
    Everyone's experience is different some members are positive thinking and some are negative . You do find those who are positive get on quicker because their attitude is noticed by those making decisions for promotions and unit selections

Same with a lot of things in life I suppose. Have you heard of many reserves leaving because of not getting into band 1?

Same with a lot of things in life I suppose. Have you heard of many reserves leaving because of not getting into band 1?

A number have decided if they don't make it they are going abroad. There are ten of my reserve phase who have made it into the high numbers in the recruitment process but we have an excellent tutor . So will it have an impact on the GR I would say so a lot will become disillusioned , some will stay some will go

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

I was quoting Scouser saying that he wont be living like a champion if he joins AGS. Any Guard I tell that I'm hoping to join and that I'm doing a masters at the moment tell me that I'm crazy, the amount of Gardai that moan about their job is ridiculous

I know all about AGS

You can go as high and as far as you want, providing you put in the effort

filling 10hours of a shift with conversation is hard - moaning helps

but the problem with that is its contagious

Scouser wrote: »
    I know all about AGS

You can go as high and as far as you want, providing you put in the effort

filling 10hours of a shift with conversation is hard - moaning helps

but the problem with that is its contagious

Luck of the draw , thank god I work with the positive ones and you can tell the ones who will end up at senior rank

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

You have to be always positive, you could be moaning to the wrong person and if so you won't progress.Be nice to everyone, the new garda could be the one with the contacts.

Luck of the draw , thank god I work with the positive ones and you can tell the ones who will end up at senior rank

your full of it!

wheres your station? happy go lucky land? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

It's all part of the job. The paper work is not that tough . Have prepared a number of incidents for my unit buddies in order to get some practise in and gone to court as a witness on two really serious cases . So don't be worried when the new powers come on board it's not brain surgery . The first court appearance will be a little daunting but it's all about experience

So true Raider!
    I've been to court on the prosecuting side loads of times. it gets easier every
    time you go!

Court Joke.....
    " what do you call a guy in a suit"

The accused!..

your full of it!

Just lucky I guess not all stations are alike , not all members are alike . Feel sorry that you are not having the same experience but a lot of reserves are just like myself happy with their stations their colleagues and how they are treated but then again it's down to your personal approach to the job and perhaps life in general

Just lucky I guess not all stations are alike , not all members are alike . Feel sorry that you are not having the same experience but a lot of reserves are just like myself happy with their stations their colleagues and how they are treated but then again it's down to your personal approach to the job and perhaps life in general

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Boaty wrote: »
    You have to be always positive, you could be moaning to the wrong person and if so you won't progress.Be nice to everyone, the new garda could be the one with the contacts.

Exactly .in every police force in the world senior ranks like working with loyal colleagues and when a senior officer is building a team he or she looks to recruit those they have worked well with in the past so when they move up in rank they tend to bring their team with them

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

From what I've heard:
    1. Powers will be taken from reserves rather than being given
    2. 60 reserves still have to do the upskilling

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yogi Bear

snams wrote: »
    From what I've heard:

Those 60 should be shown the door today. All this time waiting for 60people. Crazy!!

How do you mean powers will be taken from us? They haven’t got much to take off us.

snams wrote: »
    From what I've heard:

The second point might be right , don't think the first one is

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

your full of it!

Has lost contact with the mother ship a good while ago I'd say.

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    Has lost contact with the mother ship a good while ago I'd say.

Peace and good will Cruz let get back on topic shall we

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yogi Bear

I see on Kildare Street the same question one after another, TD's asking, will reserves get preference for the Full Time.
    Has any one asked a TD, to ask Mr Shatter when are we going to get our Powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭bluetop

Yogi Bear wrote: »
    I see on Kildare Street the same question one after another, TD's asking, will reserves get preference for the Full Time.
    Has any one asked a TD, to ask Mr Shatter when are we going to get our Powers.

Try the twelfth of never, its been 5 months since the upskill course was done and here we are yet again asking the same questions, with all that is going on at the moment with the whistle blower's i think the reserves are the last thing on their minds as we always are.

Something is going to have to happen, no incentive to join reserve now, there must be big numbers dropping out if they have any sense

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

Something is going to have to happen, no incentive to join reserve now, there must be big numbers dropping out if they have any sense

I wonder how many reserves have failed this campaign already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭seanin4711

nice mix

want2b wrote: »

Impossible to say but to get into the 600 was a seriously high standard, I'm sick about failing, reserves must feel awful let down

Impossible to say but to get into the 600 was a seriously high standard, I'm sick about failing, reserves must feel awful let down

so far 4 reserves on here through

Is it accepted that there will be some advantage given to reserves in future campaigns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Am I Included in that number? 3 from my class are in top 600

Is it accepted that there will be some advantage given to reserves in future campaigns?

Explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

want2b wrote: »

With such a cull in numbers at this stage prob a nice few reserves have failed id say!

Canyon86 wrote: »
    With such a cull in numbers at this stage prob a nice few reserves have failed id say!

You may be quite suprised at the amount in the top figures. Perhaps when the recruitment is completed they will release some figures

You may be quite suprised at the amount in the top figures. Perhaps when the recruitment is completed they will release some figures

How did you do yourself?

• Advertisement

Things may change. There may be a full review of the reserve in the very near future

Advertisement