Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low/No Carb Restaurants

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I wish more places offered low carb breakfasts, or a reduction in the price of the meal if you don't get the bread/fried potatoes/etc. that come with.
    I expect some hotels might do this, where a buffet breakfast is quite common, not a reduction in price but allow you to get a decent feed of what you actually want. In the airport there is a place that charges per item, or you can pay €10 for X items.
    And that's what I'm trying to point out what you pay in a restaurant very little is the cost of the food.
    I think everybody knows this. Some will in effect have a cover charge built into the food. The problem is that to get a reasonable meal you might have to order 2 main courses and discard the high carb food that comes with it. So are sort of paying that cover charge twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

rubadub wrote: »
    I expect some hotels might do this, where a buffet breakfast is quite common, not a reduction in price but allow you to get a decent feed of what you actually want. In the airport there is a place that charges per item, or you can pay €10 for X items.

I think everybody knows this. Some will in effect have a cover charge built into the food. The problem is that to get a reasonable meal you might have to order 2 main courses and discard the high carb food that comes with it. So are sort of paying that cover charge twice.

Woodstock in Phibsborough and the restaurant in the Kilkenny Shop on Nassau St. charge by the item for breakfast, AFAIK. I believe both are €1 per item so you can make your breakfast as meaty as you want and no need to pay for toast or has browns that you don't want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

If you don't ask you don't get. My husband is coeliac and in fairness when he gets a breakfast most places offer to substitute whatever he can't/wont eat, if they don't he asks politely to swap an item for a different one.

When I started low carbing, I didn't ( until I read this thread) think twice of ordering extra veg or side salad in place of potatoes/rice/pasta. It's never been an issue, maybe because I wasn't self conscious or because of my husband used to ordering tweaked meals.

I personally have found that in the last 10/12 years most Irish restaurants are knowledgable about different dietary needs and are happy to oblige.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Counter also does Burger in a Bowl.
    There also a place in Tallaght that is linked to a TRX place called Kickstart Cafe that I have yet to try hopefully this week but the food is all clean eating and looks delicious.

Advertisement