Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Leaving Cert Study Log

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭krisfoster8

Thanks, still waiting on my other results :( .. Got a lot done yesterday..

Ag science: Finished the sheep section in my project..
    Engineering: Did my whole Engineering project portfolio..

So basically I just spent the whole day on the computer :P As I said I'm getting back to studying the day after Christmas so I'm enjoying a few days break!

Okay so I decided to start to get back into things today but I didn't want to spend all day studying so just did a bit.. Thought it would be better than nothing :)

Biology: Learned the Scientific method chapter and the characteristics of life chapter..
    Ag Science: Started to learn the animal classification section but finding it quite difficult :(
    Engineering: Completely finished my portfolio except for a few pictures and things :)

Feeling a lot more optimistic about getting back to study today after all the hype of Christmas..

Ag Science: I wrote out the last of the experiments that the class did last year.. and I learned the plant identification chapter..
    Biology: Learned the chemicals of life chapter
    Geography: Learned the sketch map of Ireland and the Mezzogiorno (Just drew them about 100 times each)...
    English: I only now actually know how the LC English paper is laid out.. Today I made myself familiar with it :)

How is everyone else coping at getting back into study? :)

Last few days have been quite busy but got a few bits done :)

Ag Science: Learned animal classification (Kingdoms)
    Biology: Learned Principles of Ecology, Human impact, Populations and I did exam questions on these topics as well as questions on the Scientific method and food :)

Happy New Year everyone :P !!

Okay another result from christmas tests :) 93% in ag science :) I have sort of took a break from studying over the last week but going to get back into things tomorrow hopefully :)

• Advertisement

Today I spent a lot of time at ag science.. Drew out all of my farm maps and the keys and everything so im nearly finished my project except from barley which I hope to do soon! :D

Okay so I'm back to school tomorrow but today I realized the amount of work I'm going to have to put into some subjects to do well in the mocks which are less than a month away now :O :'( ... So I did a decent amount of work today!

Ag Science: Finished barley section for project, revised plant family and animal classification chapters..
    Biology: Learned cell structure chpter and did exam questions on it, I also revised all of the ecology exam questions I did last week :)
    English: Started to revise Emily Dickinson (Revised her background and the poem "Hope is the thing with feathers".
    Geography: Learned plate tectonics essay, how plate tectonics affect volcanos essay, how plate tectonics affect earthquakes essay, positive impacts of volcanos essay, measurement, prediction, effects and measurement of earthquakes essay and the formation of two volcanic landforms essay..

I also got a few more results from my christmas tests today :) I got 80% in English (b1) 68% in German (C1) and 90% in Engineering (A1).. Only a month left until mocks so time to knuckle down again :)

Okay so back to school today Feels okay to be back and just want to get the next few months over with.. I had quite a lot of study planned for this evening but I ended up wasting my whole evening on my engineering project.. I have promised myself now that I am only going to tinker with it at the weekend from now on.. Going to relax for a while now and then try to get a bit of study done tonight :/

I have now got all of my Christmas test results and here they are compared with my predictions

Subject Predicted Result
    Actual Result

English B3
    B1
    Maths B3
    A2
    Engineering A2/B1
    A1
    Ag Science B2
    A1
    Biology B2
    A2
    German B3
    C1
    Geography B1/B2
    B2

I was so surprised with how well I did :O My results add up to 580 and if I get anything near that in the leaving I will be absolutely shocked :L Anyway time to watch tele for half an hour

Okay so I tried to do a bit of study last night after all of my time wasting :L .. Luckily, I got a bit done :)

Biology: Learned movement through cell membranes chapter and did exam questions on it..
    Geography: Learned the formation of igneous rocks
    German: Learned relative pronouns..
    English: I revised another Emily Dickinson poem (I felt a funeral in my brain)

Another day closer to the mocks :(

Biology: Learned cell continuity and did exam paper questions on it!
    Geography: Learned the formation of 2 sedimentary rocks
    English: Revised my 3rd Emily Dickinson poem (A Narrow Fellow in the Grass).
    Ag Science: Learned animal respiration and urinary system..

Might get up early tomorrow and try to do some study because that worked well this morning :)

• Advertisement

Okay so I'm at last nearly finished my engineering project and it's coming together really well :)

Geography: Learned the formation of 2 metamorphic rocks and revised sketch maps..
    Biology: Learned cell diversity and did exam questions on it..
    English: Revised the 3 Emily Dickinson Poems I learned this week!

Okay so I'm seriously considering getting up earlier every morning and studying before school because it is becoming more difficult to find time in the evenings to do any extra study.. Might start it tomorrow depending on how I'm feeling :)

As I said earlier in the week I spent most of today woring on my Batman Tumbler Model and it couldn't be going better to be honest :O Hoping to be finished in the next week or two and have the whole portfolio finished except for the testing section.. I also did a bit extra today :)

Geography: Learned limestone pavement essay :)
    English: I'm now finished revising and making notes on Emily Dickinson so might just look over it all tomorrow and then start Heaney on Monday :)

Okay today went okay.. I spent a while just seeing where I am in relation to studying and made a few plans for some subjects.. I think that I'm going to start from tomorrow looking over 2 geography essays that I have revised in the last few weeks.. I hope this will help me to keep them in my head because I'm forgetting them very quickly :( ..

English: Revised all of Emily Dickinson.. Going to revise and make notes on my 1st Heaney poem tomorrow..

Biology: Finished all exam questions on cell continuity and cell diversity, learned cell metabolism and enzymes chapter and did exam questions on it.. I'm going to correct all of the exam questions tomorrow morning..

Geography: I learned the karst dripstone features essay..

Okay, so the alarm is going to be set for 6.30 tomorrow morning so I can look over 2 geography essays that I learned last week and hopefully I can get my Biology questions corrected too.. Whether Ill get up or not is another thing :P New week ahead, hoping to make it count!

Ag Science: Digestive system, Kidneys and Urinary system, circulatory system and respiratory system :)
    English: Started learning Seamus Heaney.. Wrote notes on the first poem (bogland) :)
    Geography: Revised the global distribution of volcanoes..
    Biology: Corrected the exam questions that I said I would..

I might get up early again tomorrow because it seems to work well but I have nothing specific planned to do yet :)

Okay yesterday I got a few things done..

Geography: Learned human interference with the rock cycle essay and erosional landform essay and I revised the global distribution of earthquakes essay..

English: I revised the next Heaney poem (the harvest bow).

Geography: Learned feature of deposition.. Going to learn my last physical essay tomorrow for my mocks and then moving on to regional geography but I hope to revise the physical essays again in the mornings before school if I can..

English: Learned and made notes on my 3rd Hearney poem (The Forge)..

About 3 weeks left until the mocks but have a lot of work to do before then :(

Had a few busy days there so I didn't get a lot done..

Geography: learned human interaction with mass movement and read all of the other physical essays I revised..
    English: Finished learning and making notes on the 6 Heaney poems and did a Dickinson exam question..
    Biology: Learned the biochemical reactions chapter and did exam questions on it.. Hope to correct them in the morning..

It's getting harder and harder to keep the study up every day but trying my best :(

Goals for the mocks now :/

English (H)
    C1
    Irish (O)
    C3
    Maths (H)
    B3
    Engineering (H)--B2
    Ag Science (H)--B3
    Biology (H)
    B1
    Geography (H)--C1
    German (H)
    C1

That adds up to 470 and to be honest I would be delighted if I get anywhere near that in the mocks because that's what Computer Science in UCD is at the minute.. It would be a good base to work from! :)

Worried that my mock expectations might be a bit high but we will see what happens anyway :)

Biology: Finished exam questions on biochemical reactions and corrected them..

Geography: Learned physical processes in India essay and Primary activities in India essays..

English: Revised Dickinson and Heaney.. Moving on to start learning some Macbeth tomorrow hopefully..

Got quite a bit done today and feeling motivated :)

Geography: learned essay on secondary in India and Tertiary in India (Test on India tomorrow)..

Biology: Learned the skeleton and muscle chapter and did exam questions on it and corrected them :)

English: Revised Dickinson and Heaney

• Advertisement

Biology: Learned the lungs and gaseous exchange chapter and did exam questions on it.. (Going to correct them in the morning :))
    Geography: Learned Physical and Primary in Ireland essays :)
    Ag Science: Looked over all of genetics :)
    English: Revised the plot of Macbeth

Geography: Learned Secondary in Ireland essay and tertiary in Ireland essay..
    English: Wrote out all of the quotes for act 1 in Macbeth
    Maths: Did all of 2013 paper 1..
    Ag Science: Did 3 genetics questions
    Biology: Corrected exam questions on the lungs and gaseous exchange

Have my german mock oral tomorrow so just spent most of the evening listening to german and looking over vocab :)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭MRledzepo

how did the german oral go ?

MRledzepo wrote: »
    how did the german oral go ?

Sorry I meant to say aural but yeah it went surprisingly well for a tape :o

English: Finished revising the whole story line of Macbeth.. Plan on doing out some plans for questions before the end of the week and learning some quotes then..

Geography: Learned physical in the Paris Basin essay and Primary activities in the Paris Basin..

Feeling a bit under prepared for the mocks next week so going to go a bit more intense into the study in the next few days and see how it goes :) If anyone wants any help with anything just let me know and I will try to help..

Okay the studying is getting a bit more intense now.. Finished now for about an hour then going back to it.. :)

English- Learned Macbeth quotes..

Geography- Learned the characteristics of the biome essay and learned the economic and environmental conflict essay..

Engineering- Revised question 3..

Going to try to get a few more geography essays learned this evening, another engineering question and finish my revision of Macbeth..

Finished my 2nd session for today.. Glad I did quite a bit today :D

Engineering- Revised question 2..

Geography- Learned colonialism essay and CAP essay..

English- Looked over all quotes again and planned out a few answers..

Might look at some more notes whenever I go to bed but not going to do anything major more today!

Productive morning there luckily :P

Geography: Learned the CFP essay, sustainable energy in Ireland essay and the operation of a MNC (Johnson and Johnson).

Biology: Learned the classification of organisms chapter, Bacteria and viruses..

English: Revised general vision and viewpoint :) ..

Engineering: Revised question 5 (Welding)

Don't think I am going to get as much done this evening but will probably focus on English, Engineering and Geography again because I have those exams this week.. :)

• Advertisement

Engineering: Revised question 6 (plastics)..

Geography: Learned human interference with the biome..

English: Revised Dickinson and Heaney..

Maths: Fried my head with some exam questions :/

The head is gone so I'm going to call it a night :P Glad I did so much today though :)

Advertisement