Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Leaving Cert Study Log

Options
  • 05-11-2013 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Okay so I'm sitting the leaving cert this year and I'm just setting this up to keep track of where I am. Feel free to comment your opinions!

I plan to do computer science next year in either UCD or Trinity so my goal is around 510 just to be safe :)

My subjects and realistic goals are currently:

English (H) B3
    Maths (H) B3
    Engineering (H) A2
    Biology (H) B1
    Geography (H) B2
    German (H) B3
    Agricultural Science (H) B2
    Irish (O) B3

That adds up to 510 so if I get these results ill be delighted!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭MRledzepo

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭krisfoster8

Okay so I only took up Agricultural Science this year so I am sort of cramming everything into a year but I have most of my project finished already. Today I did my homework and then did some extra:

Ag Science: Started soil science notes (Hope to finish writing these out by the end of the week).
    English: Did a General Vision and Viewpoint question.

Okay I got a bit more done today. I will only be posting whenever I have time after homework to do some extra study!

Geography: Answered characteristics of a biome question.
    Study notes on Limestone Pavement.

Biology: Revised structure of flowering plants.
    Revised transport in flowering plants.

Right I had a bit of time this evening :D

Ag Science: Finally finished my notes on soil! (Plan on doing notes on sheep next maybe).
    German: Learned a list of idioms..

I'm going to relax for the evening because I think my head might explode if I do anything more today..

I plan on not having a life this weekend and being extremely productive so lets see how that goes :P !
    Today after school I got a bit done.. :)

Biology: Revised blood and the human transport system (Blood system and Lymphatic system).

• Advertisement

Got quite a lot done this weekend considering what was going on here at home :P

Geography: Revised Physical, Primary, Secondary and Tertiary in the Mezzogiorno!
    Ag Science: Learned Ch39 Animal Nutrition, Feeds and Body Condition and Ch43 Sheep breeds and production..

One week closer to the end of this :P

Geography: Revised Population and Urban in Mezzogiorno (Now have flash cards on all of Mezzogiorno).
    Ag Science: Learned Ch44 Lamb production, diseases and husbandry.

Didn't think I would get anything extra done today because I had a maths class after school but...

Biology: Revised homeostasis.
    Ag Science: Ch27 Introduction to Grassland

Have a geography test on the Mezzogiorno tomorrow so going to look at the flashcards in the morning! :D

Biology: Revised the endocrine system
    Geography: Made notes on physical and primary in the BMW region

Biology: Revised Excretory System (The Kidneys)
    Ag Science: Learned Ch45 Dairy Breeds, Milk Composition and Production, Ch46 Husbandry and Management Principles od a Dairy Herd, Ch47 Beef Production in Ireland and Ch48 Suckler Herd and Diseases in Cattle..

Did a lot of Ag Science today I know :P :L

• Advertisement

Biology: Did 3 leaving cert long questions (2 about the kidneys and 1 about the endocrine system)
    Geography: Revised secondary and tertiary in the GDA

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭plmko

Hey don't wanna be rude or anything but you don't seem to be studying English or maths if I'm correct? These are your core subjects!

plmko wrote: »
    Hey don't wanna be rude or anything but you don't seem to be studying English or maths if I'm correct? These are your core subjects!

Hello, yeah going by this I actually am not doing much in these subjects but this log is just for topics that I study outside of my homework. In maths we get homework every night and I always do it and the whole class also stays back after school every Tuesday for an hour of extra maths. I think that this is sufficient at the minute because I'm not struggling with anything. But you are right about the English, I really should be doing extra but we get good homework like for example I just finished an essay about Seamus Heaney's poetry this evening..

Biology: Human Reproduction 1
    Geography: The CAP and The CFP

Heres a few predictions for Christmas tests.. I'm being conservative enough here :P

English B3
    Maths B3
    Engineering A2/B1
    Ag Science B2
    Biology B2
    German B3
    Geography B1/B2

Didn't put down any A's because I dont want to be disappointed :L

good luck in the christmas tests ! I have my last november exam tomorrow (history) , we have novembers instead of christmas tests

Oh that is actually a good idea.. Gives you a bit more time before the mocks.. Thanks and goodluck to you too!

God buckets done this weekend :)

Biology: Finished human reproduction study and did a question on plant structure and another on plant transport..
    Ag Science: Studied pigs and did a question on sheep.
    Engineering: Learned welding question.. (Might look at it again soon)
    Geography: Learned EU policy's question, colonialism question and conflict between economic and environmental interests question.. :D

I had my aurel today for my German christmas test.. Went okayissh :P

Biology: 2012 and 2011 exam questions from topics that will be on my christmas test.. :D
    Engineering: 2013 q5

Christmas tests just a week away and I feel as if I have so much to do :( Just got a bit done over the weekend..

German: Revised conditional tense
    Biology: Revised all of genetics and evolution and did some exam questions on it..
    Ag science: Revised sheep.. (Just have grass left to revise for my Christmas test..
    Geography: Revised characteristics of a biome and all of the environment based essays in economic geography
    Engineering: Did question 1 from 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 and 2008..

I plan on revising maths for half an hour every morning before I go to school this week..

Okay got a bit done this evening.. :)

Biology: I have finished revising all of my topics for the Christmas test so now I am just doing exam paper questions.. Did a lot of questions on Genetics and Evolution today and 2 Human Reproduction Questions..

German: Revised opinion on Issue topics on 3 of the picture stories and revised the conditional tense..

Maths: My half hour of maths revision flew this morning.. Did a few questions on Differentiation.. Going to continue this in the morning..

That's me done for the night I think :P

• Advertisement

Maths: Half an hour this morning, did differentiation questions..
    Geography: Wrote out human interference with biome essay..
    English: Made notes on general vision and viewpoint in Translations, How Many Miles to Babylon and I'm Not Scared..
    Biology: Finished doing exam questions on Human Reproduction.. (Did about 6 :P)

Geography: Learned Colonialism in Brazil, Globalization in Brazil
    Ag Science: Did 15 questions that are possibilities for my Christmas test!
    Engineering: Did 3 Polymers Questions (Q6)

If tomorrow goes to plan then I am really happy with how I am prepared for my Christmas tests :) :P

Okay so I made a list of things at 7 Oclock this morning of things that I wanted to get done today and I actually got them all finished :D Might do this again tomorrow because I think it worked well.. :P

Geography: Learned Conflict essay, The CAP essay, The CFP essay, the Dell essay, and the environmental and economic advantages of renewable energy essay.. That is nearly half of the essays for my Christmas test for Geography :D

English: Revised the General Vision and Viewpoint in my 3 texts.. Might do a bit of Googling tonight though just to make sure I have enough detail..

Biology: Did all of the exam questions on Blood and the human transport system..

Engineering: Revised Q3 and did Q3 on 2013 and 2012..

Im going to relax for the evening now and Snapchat is going to be hit hard :P Night!

Didn't go as hard at it today but still got a bit done :)

Maths: Did some differentiation questions..

Geography: Learned characteristics of brown earth soils essay and human interferance essay..

Biology: Did structure of flowering plants and transport in flowering plants exam questions.. I have now finished all of the exam questions on the topics that are going to be on my christmas test.. I feel as if I am quite well prepared for this but its hard to know with Biology..

Engineering: Revised Q5

Okay so English and Engineering exam tomorrow.. Finished at 1.30 and will probably spend a while learning more geography then :(

Okay so I had my english and my engineering exam today.. English went surprisingly well.. Still hoping for that B3 :) Engineering went really smoothly and answered all 5 questions even though we only needed 4.. Hopefully an A ;) I have Geography and German tomorrow so tonight I did..

Geography: learned ERDF essay, Pollution does not recognize boundaries essay, impact of burning fossil fuels essay, characteristics of biome essay and the human interference with the biome essay! :P

German: looked over some tenses..

I am wrecked :(

Okay so I had geography and german today.. I was blessed in geography with the questions and it was the one exam that I was absolutely dreading.. German went the other way :( still dont know what the reading comprehension was about.. Something about a granny and a wooden shoe :/ Anyway I have biology and Maths tonight so I have a long night ahead :(

Had Biology and Maths today.. Glad I worked as hard at biology as I did because the paper was really difficult.. I thought I did quite well though.. and maths went so much better than I thought it would.. Thats all of my exams finished until ag science on friday so I took this evening off study.. Getting back to it next week though!

so how did all the exams go ?you didn't post yesterday ? did you collapse in the exam ? suicide ? mental breakdown?

Hey, haha no not quite. Ill leave the mental breakdown until June I think.. :P Just had an ag science test today.. Went quite well. Just after finding out that I got an A2 in maths so I'm delighted. I'm only going to spend this weekend and up until Christmas doing ag science and engineering project stuff but after Christmas day it's back into some hardcore studying ;).. Ill keep yous posted on results and stuff too.. If yous have any questions don't be shy :L .. andddd Happy Christmas everyone! :D

• Advertisement

congrats on the maths:)

Advertisement