Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

import duty on groupsets

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

VAT paid anywhere in the EU covers your liability in Ireland.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

sbs2010 wrote: »

Does anyone know if items manufactured in the EU but imported to Ireland from US are subject to duty and/or vat?

They are yes.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

cdaly_ wrote: »
    VAT paid anywhere in the EU covers your liability in Ireland.
    There would be no Italian VAT applied on the initial export to the US, and Irish VAT would certainly be due on import from the US to Ireland

I'm pretty sure duty would be due also as from an import perspective they are coming from the US, not Italy or Romania (and indeed may actually have been originally manufactured by a sub-contractor who could be based anywhere in the world)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Beasty wrote: »
    There would be no Italian VAT applied on the initial export to the US, and Irish VAT would certainly be due on import from the US to Ireland

I'm pretty sure duty would be due also as from an import perspective they are coming from the US, not Italy or Romania (and indeed may actually have been originally manufactured by a sub-contractor who could be based anywhere in the world)

Ah crap. I missed the EU -> US -> EU round trip...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭furiousox

I'm keeping an eye on a frame on ebay (USA) at the moment.
    The frame is 1100 euro and shipping is 55 euro.
    How much vat, import duties etc would I have to pay if I'm charged by customs?

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

furiousox wrote: »
    I'm keeping an eye on a frame on ebay (USA) at the moment.
    The frame is 1100 euro and shipping is 55 euro.
    approx 25% give or take

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭caadmium

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

furiousox wrote: »

About €332, by my reckoning

WillyFXP wrote: »
    approx 25% give or take

ouch! :(

CPL 593H

About €332, by my reckoning

Don't think I'll risk it...

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP