Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheep Photo Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

From earlier today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

I thought we were finished with sheep fencing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭White Clover

davidk1394 wrote: »
    I thought we were finished with sheep fencing

Nice! What model is the new Claas ?

Nice! What model is the new Claas ?

Same tractor as always

I had to buy this t-shirt :D

• Advertisement

Some of the single lambs being picked out for the factory. Ewes being shorn next week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Some pics from the hobby farm

IMG_4561.jpg

IMG_4575.jpg

IMG_4582.jpg

Ewes are all over condition score three so only have to maintain them at that now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭razor8

My help shearing yesterday let me down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

wrangler wrote: »
    Some pics from the hobby farm

IMG_4561.jpg

IMG_4575.jpg

IMG_4582.jpg

Ewes are all over condition score three so only have to maintain them at that now

Fine lambs... some a bit dirtier than I would have expected for such dry weather - but I think you said you FEC samples and they didn’t need a dose?

Curious as to why they’d be that bit dirty?

razor8 wrote: »
    My help shearing yesterday let me down

Ha ha, he’s right too, dose of a job... let the old boy at it :)

God - I remember when I was young and if the job involved any bit of dirt at all, you’d have to wear wellingtons, even in the hottest of days cos you had no proper boots... :):(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Fine lambs... some a bit dirtier than I would have expected for such dry weather - but I think you said you FEC samples and they didn’t need a dose?

Curious as to why they’d be that bit dirty?

There's five or six with a story, mother died when they were 3wks, 2ewes with mastitis etc etc, they're very dirty and the rest got a bit dirty when they went on aftergrass a week ago, FEC yesterday was 250 and advice is to dose at 500

First load sent off

You know the thistles are bad when the sheep are using them to scratch against :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Rounded up lambs today for dosing. Happy overall at how their coming on.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

Rounded up lambs today for dosing. Happy overall at how their coming on.

Lovely setup there for holding them. Would lambs ever jump out across it them gates? I bought store lambs myself and was thinking of buying something like this to gather them into the corner of the field.

RobinBanks wrote: »
    Lovely setup there for holding them. Would lambs ever jump out across it them gates? I bought store lambs myself and was thinking of buying something like this to gather them into the corner of the field.

Depends on the height of your penning. I have older cormac hurdles that are abit low. Each year you’ll always get one or two lambs (Lleyn x) that can jump them. But the hurdles in the picture, are a newer hurdle made by someone else. Their a few inches higher and none have escaped yet. I’ve come to the conclusion with sheep, the higher the hurdle the better, that’s why I’ve bought the walk through gate, so I don’t have to throw the leg over anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Homer jay

Depends on the height of your penning. I have older cormac hurdles that are abit low. Each year you’ll always get one or two lambs (Lleyn x) that can jump them. But the hurdles in the picture, are a newer hurdle made by someone else. Their a few inches higher and none have escaped yet. I’ve come to the conclusion with sheep, the higher the hurdle the better, that’s why I’ve bought the walk through gate, so I don’t have to throw the leg over anymore.

If you don’t mind me asking where did you buy the hurdles, have the cormac ones myself but find the odd ewe jumps out.

Homer jay wrote: »
    If you don’t mind me asking where did you buy the hurdles, have the cormac ones myself but find the odd ewe jumps out.

the gates in the pic are o’donnell. Their a stronger gate. afaik the cormac ones are the lowest on the market, so every other gate would be higher. Also the walk through gate is a ritchie.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Homer jay

the gates in the pic are o’donnell. Their a stronger gate. afaik the cormac ones are the lowest on the market, so every other gate would be higher. Also the walk through gate is a ritchie.

👍

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: I moved the couple of posts about weights and prices over to the spring lamb prices thread, if you're wondering where they went.

Buford T. Justice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

489448.jpg
    The hoggetts bought for the year, 20 more than last year wrongly or rightly:confused::pac::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭DJ98

489448.jpg
    The hoggetts bought for the year, 20 more than last year wrongly or rightly:confused::pac::cool:
    Can I ask what the average cost of those sheep were. Fine bunch of ewes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭Dickie10

Ewe lambs for breeding this year bred on farm Lleyn x and a few stores I kept

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

Purchased this fella yesterday that's my spending done for the year.

Couldn't get 2 till upload together

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Ard_MC

Lambman wrote: »
    Purchased this fella yesterday that's my spending done for the year.

I was lookin at lad on DD myself but didnt even get round to ring about him. Great ram. Best of luck with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭390kid

Lambman wrote: »
    Couldn't get 2 till upload together

Fine ram best a luck with him

Yea he is a good one alright. Lifting him after the 25th as he's been used for AI that day on the mans purebred flock. He's only about 3 mile anyways.

Anybody any experience with this on ewes?

• Advertisement

Some of the lambs were finishing

Advertisement