Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peeing in front of other men.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Petrie wrote: »
    What I find strange about this is I've no problem getting naked in front of other guys when I'm at the gym or training, I just get on with it, but when it comes to using a urinal I just can't do it.

Because in other places you aren't holding your pee pee with the risk of arousal and the pheromones coming from your febitals causing attraction and all that. In the animal world some species pee to mark their space and attract others. So there is the fear that arosal may occur at the urinal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,763 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

It must be a nightmare in a nightclub situation if you're a man who prefers to be seated during the peeing performance.
    In a fair amount of clubs, the lads cubicles turn into puke and pish covered septic pots as the night progresses.
    It''s absolutely disgusting sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Which I wholly agree with. I just thought from the tone your post seemed to give off that you were surprised by this in some way. I can not think of a reason why so was curious what one might be.

So if you're out in the middle of nowhere without toilet facilities and need to pee, do you squat like a lady (per the only way you're familiar with) or stand (which must be quite alien for you)?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

ongarboy wrote: »
    So if you're out in the middle of nowhere without toilet facilities and need to pee, do you squat like a lady (per the only way you're familiar with) or stand (which must be quite alien for you)?

Mod note - That is none of your business. Move on from this issue please.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Morf wrote: »
    Unless I'm really bursting to go I find it hard to "relax" enough to pee with company around. Just one of life's trials.
    DazMarz wrote: »
    Ever since then, I've "suffered" from shy kidneys and it sucks. I hate using urinals now, as sometimes nothing happens. It's a nightmare, especially in pubs or stadiums. :(
    I find it's down to your breathing. When you stand there, you may or may not realise that you have changed your breathing pattern. You may even have tried to breath "calmer".

Next time you pee in the cubicle, keep your breathing in mind, and see how much does it differ from pissing at the urinal.

There are two ways which I've found to work for me;

When you walk up to the urinals, breath in. Whip it out, and when you can't breath in anymore, pee. Once peeing, breath out, and then breath as normal.

The other way is that as before, you breath in as much as you can, whip it out, and exhale slowly. Whilst exhaling slowly, pee.

Both times you are not trying to control your breathing, and thus it makes it easier to pee. Before, it took my 5 to 10 seconds to pee at a row of empty urinals, but now I can pee when I have to pee in the "only urinal left" next to a group of lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Distraction works in many of these situations alright.

Hadn't really tried anything like that! Ta!

Neeson wrote: »
    In female toilets you would assume all of them sit down thus not pissing on the seat.

Some men will go into the cubicle and just piss all over it. Or else dribble or spray a bit on it and not care. Surely you notice the seat is hardly as clean as the one in your house?

Actually having worked in a number of bars over the years when I was in my college days - personal experience informs me that in fact it is the female toilets that are often the most unpleasent to clean.

Comedian David Baddiel once included this opinion in a sketch too where he ruminated on the fact that the only way he could envision women getting toilet seats as messy as they do in his toilet cleaning experience in places like bars - is if they raise themselves up with their hands on the toilet seat - and perform a continuous 360oC gyration of their hips through the entire urinating process. It was a genuine mystery to him - and me - how they manage to get their toilets as messy as they do.

One aspect of standing peeing that at least protects the toilet seat from urine more than in the female equivilant - is that a great number of men lift said seat up before performing. Hence the peeing and dribbling aspect is removed in many cases.

But certainly if I was led blindfolded to a public toilet - told I had to sit down on one without looking at it or cleaning it first - and then asked - would I prefer to do so in the male or female toilets. I would choose male every time based on my experiences.

As I said however - if one is making a health argument on the issue then one has to note that we HAVE to sit on many occasions where it is not a choice and with no apperent ill effects - and there is also no statistical difference in the health of male and female users of public toilets that I am aware of.

So I am not sure it is as much an issue as we might suspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

The old fashioned cubicles were it's just one big long one are the worst, usually in old pubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

The old fashioned cubicles were it's just one big long one are the worst, usually in old pubs.

God that takes me back. My old primary school had one of those. The lads used to have pissing competitions where they would see who could piss the highest. The fcuking height some of them could get was unreal. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I have a mental block which has gotten worse with time to point where I now totally avoid urinals because I know I will not be able to piss in one of them. This is a total nightmare at matches and busy places where I will have to wait my turn for the toilet instead.

Most of this is a hangover from National School where there was one of these urinals where we'd have pissing competitions. On two occasions there was a fight and I ended up thrown into it and got destroyed, had to change clothes etc.

The cubicles were no better as the door stopped about 1ft shy of the floor and the walls were about 7ft on one misfortunate day I was in there taking a piss having by now abandoned the urinal, two older lads from a different classroom had been waiting in the girls toilets next door for me to emerge with a bottle of water and managed to hit me on the trousers which made it look like I pissed myself, cue major embarrassment and change of clothes, name calling etc.

I am convinced it is these bullying incidents which has led to my inabilty to piss in public today. Life was pretty sh1t until I left that school. I was back in the old school recently voting and checked out the toilets and the old urinals have been got rid of and they even have electric hand-dryers now & soap dispensers etc, we had a towel which was washed around once a month, a cold tap and never any soap. And my National School Days ended only back in 2000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,361 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Can't say it ever bothered me personally peeing in front of other men in pubs etc, but I can understand it can be off putting if the fella becide you starts having a chat while doing it.

Had an unusual incident years ago back in my nightclub going days when a fella offered me E tabs just as I was in the process of peeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

What is wrong with chatting to a man? If it was a woman it would be worse. Could lead to an erection and a loss of the desire to pee. That would be worse.

Neeson wrote: »
    What is wrong with chatting to a man? If it was a woman it would be worse. Could lead to an erection and a loss of the desire to pee. That would be worse.

No need to say it 3 times. We get your point. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

If I ever have to have a slash and the cubicles are full, I'll go to the urinals and more often than not I have to pretend to have pissed. Especially if people are talking to each other in there. It's a rare occasion I can feel grand enough to piss freely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Cant do it at all, total mental block. Saying that have no problem on the sideline before a game to get it out off the system if needs be, Urinals are just too close for comfort to other guys

astonaidan wrote: »
    Cant do it at all, total mental block. Saying that have no problem on the sideline before a game to get it out off the system if needs be, Urinals are just too close for comfort to other guys

My God. :eek: What if there were children present.

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    My God. :eek: What if there were children present.
    Ha I go on the side of the pitch there is no fans, everyone stands on one side

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

astonaidan wrote: »

I'm the same unless I've had a couple of drinks, I get anxious or something it's really weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Balaclava1991

Anyone seen that scene in Das Boot where the drunken U-boat crew who are the worse for wear after an all night bender line up and each man takes a slash over the officers' car?

Peeing in front of other men shouldn't be uncomfortable.

It's manly.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Asbury Park

I'm grand unless I'm at a match and there's a line of lads behind ya and you're standing at the urinal going "come on, come on, come out"

• Advertisement

Mister R wrote: »
    I'm the same unless I've had a couple of drinks, I get anxious or something it's really weird.
    Haha Im the same, if I have a few drinks, I will do it aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

TheBody wrote: »
    I try keep a free urinal between me and the next guy. I'll use a cubile otherwise.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    this.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Kumejima

Can't think of where I heard of this technique but it always works for me.
    Whenever you get stage fright, think of the person you hate the most on the planet.....see their smug prick face....then imagine its looking up at you from the bottom of the urinal.....
    Let me know how ye get on lads.....

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭TheHighest92

i find it awkward at half time in sports stadiums, due to the cold weather your shlong is shriveled up to about an inch long and the urinals are jam packed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

http://www.angelfire.com/ma4/knickman11/r.htm

Just about sums up my views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Saw this and I thought of this thread... :o

1461883_558472274245519_1154051404_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21 coinflip13

I've a huge mental block against this myself! Reminds me of a scene in Family Guy when Peter Griffin is trying to urinate at a urinal at half-time of some sports event and he can't and all he can think is "come on ... my grandfather fought in WW2 and I can't even pee in a urinal ...".

On nights out I wait for a cublicle, but if there is nobody around I will try and start urinating at a urinal as quickly as I can before somebody walks in, because once I am like half way through I am okay and won't freeze up! I absolutely hate when I am about to start and someone else just barges in ... I really need to get over this stupid mental block!

coinflip13 wrote: »
    I've a huge mental block against this myself! Reminds me of a scene in Family Guy when Peter Griffin is trying to urinate at a urinal at half-time of some sports event and he can't and all he can think is "come on ... my grandfather fought in WW2 and I can't even pee in a urinal ...".

On nights out I wait for a cublicle, but if there is nobody around I will try and start urinating at a urinal as quickly as I can before somebody walks in, because once I am like half way through I am okay and won't freeze up! I absolutely hate when I am about to start and someone else just barges in ... I really need to get over this stupid mental block!

Nights out can be a nuisance as the jacks are usually packed. I remember one night I was having a slash in a cubicle in a night club when the fecking wall from the adjoining cubicle caved in on top of me. That was a slight distraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

https://www.ukpt.org.uk/ run workshops in the UK. https://www.ukpt.org.uk/paruresis-workshops

Some Irish (mostly from around Dublin) have gone over to them in recent years.

We meet occasionally to review progress and discuss our recoveries etc.

If anyone would like more info on the group in Dublin, please PM me here.

Regards,

SSB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

What the fcuk

Advertisement