Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peeing in front of other men.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Always preferred cubicles, if for no other reason than no splash back and getting to use a bit of jacks roll to dry myself off rather than shake it around like a lunatic and splash pish everywhere.

I had a guy at work last week looked like he was trying to do the helicopter with it and he managed to splash the wall with a drop right in front of my face whilst I was standing at the next urinal! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I think this would be a slight distraction too. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Never minded urinals. Ok, you walk in, place is busy and you play mental tetris to figure out how not to stand next to other guy. But it's kind of funny when you see guys queuing to get in the cubicles and half the urinals are free
    7ofBrian wrote: »
    I once wore flip flops at a stainless (yeah right) steel urinal trough. never again. :(
    Jaysus....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Barna77 wrote: »
    Never minded urinals. Ok, you walk in, place is busy and you play mental tetris to figure out how not to stand next to other guy. But it's kind of funny when you see guys queuing to get in the cubicles and half the urinals are free

Jaysus....

Some people like privacy. Some people have to take a sh1te and they aren't going to do it in a urinal!

• Advertisement

Do not think I have ever once used a urinal. I moved from Nappys to sitting on pottys and I have been sitting on toilets ever since. Never felt any compulsion to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,777 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Do not think I have ever once used a urinal. I moved from Nappys to sitting on pottys and I have been sitting on toilets ever since. Never felt any compulsion to change.

you sit down when you pee?
    well alrighty..each to their own I guess!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭elefant

I had no idea this was a prevalent thing!

Doesn't bother me; don't see any reason why it should either.
    Wouldn't go starting a conversation though- unless I was walloped.

Panthro wrote: »

Yes. Always have since I was about 2. Can not think of a single reason not to. Your surprise seems to suggest you can?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Apparently, in Germany men nearly always sit and pee so nothing unusual.

Personally, as an Aussie I'm pretty much ok with whipping it out and peeing at will (especially in the garden as all Aussies are supposed to do).

• Advertisement

Yes. Always have since I was about 2. Can not think of a single reason not to. Your surprise seems to suggest you can?

as I said earlier, each to their own.

as I said earlier, each to their own.

Which I wholly agree with. I just thought from the tone your post seemed to give off that you were surprised by this in some way. I can not think of a reason why so was curious what one might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

On hols, when wearing flip flops and you got the gents.............and remember (again) why its not a good idea to wear flip flops in a public jacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,632 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Because you dont have to drop your cacks?

Because public toilet seats arent exactly clean?

Because it's far quicker?

Because it's one of the handier aspects to being a man?

Because you're noy a woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

awec wrote: »
    I had a guy come in, use the urinal right beside me despite there being about 5 others free, and then proceed to talk to me.

Talk about weirding me out!

Weirding you out WTF is that?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Can't go at a urinal, never could. Should probably get hypnotherapy or something but I just live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭popepaisley1

i cant help myself. whenever i see i guy going into the cubicle when there are plenty of urinals free, when you know he's having a slash, i always bang on the door and say 'alright there small c0ck'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Ya never been 100% comfortable with it! I'm dreading the day I get married (if I ever) when I must take a leak and everybody or anybody I happen to meet in the jax will want a chat.
    Remember coming across a drunkard in the jax in a nightclub once, he started rambling to me, I got frustrated, couldn't pee, got pissed off (no pun intended) without being able to piss so told him to get lost I'm trying to piss here.
    Was fair proud of myself, luckily he didn't knife me or smack me in the head.

i cant help myself. whenever i see i guy going into the cubicle when there are plenty of urinals free, when you know he's having a slash, i always bang on the door and say 'alright there small c0ck'.

How would you know what he's doing in the cubicle?

well alrighty..each to their own I guess!:pac:

I almost always sit down when I pee. Sometime when I do it standing it comes out in two different directions and I get some on the floor or toilet seat. Plus when I take a piss, its often accompanied by a bowel movement, so I can do both at the same time. There's no point in siting down and then standing back up again.
    old gregg wrote: »
    Personally, as an Aussie I'm pretty much ok with whipping it out and peeing at will (especially in the garden as all Aussies are supposed to do).

I've heard that in certain parts of Australia the pubs have a kind of gutter system that runs under the bar, so you don't have to get up and walk to the jacks. You can just whip it out and pee while you drink your pint.

• Advertisement

Which I wholly agree with. I just thought from the tone your post seemed to give off that you were surprised by this in some way. I can not think of a reason why so was curious what one might be.

I can not think of a reason why you found my tone to be surprised.
    Honest!:pac:

o1s1n wrote: »
    Because you dont have to drop your cacks?

I have never seen that as being an issue. Do you find it particularly difficult?
    Because public toilet seats arent exactly clean?

Does not seem that relevant given women do just fine with them - as do I when the situation calls for a number 2 and as such being seated is a requirement. Nor am I aware of any significant studies showing a statistical difference in the health between men and women in general suggesting that this is not as relevant as you might think.

I however -am- clean and a mere shake at a urinal has never seemed as hygenic to me as the oppertunity afforded by an extra waggle and wipe with toilet roll.
    Because it's far quicker?

I have never timed it but I can not imagine the difference being anything significant unless - as above - you have particularly difficult to operate trousers? Is there honestly a significant time differential between you opening your trousers enough to pop out the peeper and dropping them to knee height? If so I can only question your technique sir :) The only scenario I can envisage myself being in where urinals would be in any way significantly faster than sitting down would be while wearing Lederhosen or Dungarees. The former coming - I am informed - with an interesting Flap System to facilitate the standing pee-er.
    Because it's one of the handier aspects to being a man?

As above I am not seeing the conveinience factor at all.
    Because you're noy a woman?

Relevance escaping me here. I base my choices and actions on who and what I am - not who and what I am not. I fail to see what women do - or do not do - as beign in any way relevant to what I do.
    I can not think of a reason why you found my tone to be surprised.
    Honest!:pac:

No idea. Perhaps because the phrase "Well alrightly.... each to their own" is one I have only personally ever heard in the context of someone observing or hearing about a practise that took them aback in some way.

Like for example when my scottish cousin was seen to add Ketchup to soup my brother reacted in a way that was almost verbatim the same. Until such time as we learned he puts it in EVERYTHING (including on occasion: coffee) and we just sort of got used to it over time :)

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    I've heard that in certain parts of Australia the pubs have a kind of gutter system that runs under the bar, so you don't have to get up and walk to the jacks. You can just whip it out and pee while you drink your pint.

Haha never heard of this but sort of doubt it somehow. Aussies are pretty relaxed about peeing but that's unhygienic in the extreme.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

old gregg wrote: »
    Haha never heard of this but sort of doubt it somehow.

I think it is a windup that Aussies tell foreigners for their own amusement.

Does not seem that relevant given women do just fine with them - as do I when the situation calls for a number 2 and as such being seated is a requirement. Nor am I aware of any significant studies showing a statistical difference in the health between men and women in general suggesting that this is not as relevant as you might think.

I however -am- clean and a mere shake at a urinal has never seemed as hygenic to me as the oppertunity afforded by an extra waggle and wipe with toilet roll.

In female toilets you would assume all of them sit down thus not pissing on the seat.

Some men will go into the cubicle and just piss all over it. Or else dribble or spray a bit on it and not care. Surely you notice the seat is hardly as clean as the one in your house?

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I think it is a windup that Aussies tell foreigners for their own amusement.

That's what I was thinking. You'd look well trying to chat up some bird with your lad in your hand. :)

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking. You'd look well trying to chat up some bird with your lad in your hand. :)

Us Aussies call it cutting to the chase :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭wallycharlo

My work is the worst, one urinal in the toilet on my floor and it's right next to the sink...

A guy from our French office was visiting us one day and, legend has it, he mistook the sink in the jacks for the urinal.

It's one of those ones you want to be true, but perhaps not when you give it some further thought ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Doesn't bother me in the slightest, i'll whip it out anywhere! No stage fright or any of that malarkey.
    I always thought it far stranger that women cram into cubicles together, what with the far greater need for knicker removal and what not. I always ask the missus what the other ones "hair do" was like, mainly just for the lols but also because i'm a dirt bag and sometimes wonder about these things!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Petrie

What I find strange about this is I've no problem getting naked in front of other guys when I'm at the gym or training, I just get on with it, but when it comes to using a urinal I just can't do it.

Advertisement