Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you buy your jerseys?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

furiousox wrote: »
    Go to ebay, do a worldwide search for "2013 cycling jersey hot" and feast your eyes. :)

Jesus, so tempting. 20 pounds for full movistar kit including postage.

But it HAS to be bad, right..?

The jerseys can't be too bad I guess, whatever about the bibs...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭furiousox

I've always found the jerseys to be excellent.
    The padding in the shorts can be of varying quality, some are ok some are unwearable.

CPL 593H

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I think I'll just have to take a punt on a jerseys, never know til I try them I guess. Don't think I'll bother trying the shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,630 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I had a HTC kit, the jersey wasn't great, it was fairly heavy and the stitching wasn't the best, comparable to the Lidl and Aldi stuff, maybe a little bit better.

Shorts were brutal, chamois was paper thin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

I have had 2 seasons summer wear out a few chinese shorts and one pair for 3 seasons. Pads are very good and I was thinking they work better than some of the named stuff I have owned. I have thought that the jerseys do not feel like the quality of the named gear and imagined they do not have the anti bacterial properties but have never experienced any kind of difficulty - no odors, itchiness or any form of unpleasantness. They wash well and the stitching holds. I had one zip go but was able to sew the bottom of it together and it looks fine now. If you do order check the sizing charts carefully - they are accurate. Before anyone asks me to post a link ( mine were Ebay), I believe they change them regularly for obvious reasons but as another poster pointed out there are several sellers selling same kit. at the end of the day you are not risking silly money and if you don't get on with the bib then use an old pair of shorts under them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭SamBrugha

I think I'll just have to take a punt on a jerseys, never know til I try them I guess. Don't think I'll bother trying the shorts.

I got a movistar kit from aliexpress today. the jersey looks UNREAL! its CLAAAAAAAAAAAAAASS! but the shorts look a bit meg! looks like the colour is a bit off! but its still great value and the jersey looks and feels like the same quality! I'll be giving them a test out on the turbo trainer after work

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

SamBrugha wrote: »
    I got a movistar kit from aliexpress today. the jersey looks UNREAL! its CLAAAAAAAAAAAAAASS! but the shorts look a bit meg! looks like the colour is a bit off! but its still great value and the jersey looks and feels like the same quality! I'll be giving them a test out on the turbo trainer after work

How long did shipping take ?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭SamBrugha

How long did shipping take ?

3 weeks i think but the shipping is free so im not complaining

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Got a link to the kit you bought SB?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

furiousox wrote: »
    Go to ebay, do a worldwide search for "2013 cycling jersey hot" and feast your eyes. :)

Saw these myself and the quality is good for a fraction of the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

How much are your clubs cycling jersey's and bib shorts??

Advertisement