Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair eviction

Options
2

Comments

  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes


    creep wrote: »
    Ah sorry, from your opening post it seems that way. It's hard to put up with. Will you get your deposit back? Probably better off moving if the noise is that bad

    IF they were leaving, why would they NOT get their deposit back? that would be the Agency doing one more illegal thing.
    If I was the OP ID stick it out, this Agency doesnt seem to have a clue, the OP could probably end up making money off their ineptitude.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824


    What a shower of cūnts!
    Hope you get your issues sorted.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad


    Can this "agency" be reported for not being registered?

    Sounds more like a pack of cowboys who are happy to take money in from landlords and now want you out op because they will get more commission from someone paying higher rent.


  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭the world wonders


    Rorie wrote: »
    The agency is not listed. Can they seriously go to jail for that?
    Technically, yes. In reality, the likely outcome is that PSR would make them pay the registration fee of €1000 and your complaint would remain on their record. However it is additional leverage on your side.
    MouseTail wrote:
    Reading between the lines, I am seeing someone who is unsuitable to multi unit properties, and might be better suited to a stand alone property.
    Yes, it's possible that Rorie isn't telling us the full story and the truth is that he's terrorising his neighbours every time he hears a whisper. We could speculate all day about the "real" situation, however all we can go on is the facts we are given. And by the facts Rorie has given us, there are no grounds whatsoever for an eviction based on antisocial behaviour.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer


    .So if all my neighbours are drug dealers, then I'm the one guilty of anti-social behaviour if I complain about them? :confused:

    If somebody won't come to the door and threatens to call the police it sounds like they feel intimidated. We aren't talking about drug dealing so that is just over blowing the actual situation.

    There is no doubt Rori is upsetting the other residents who aren't upsetting each other.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭teddansonswig


    Ray Palmer wrote: »
    If somebody won't come to the door and threatens to call the police it sounds like they feel intimidated. We aren't talking about drug dealing so that is just over blowing the actual situation.

    There is no doubt Rori is upsetting the other residents who aren't upsetting each other.[/QUOTE

    ray just admit your a pessimist.


  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭teddansonswig


    he still a rent paying tenant therefore entitled to be pissed at them!


  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭teddansonswig


    Ray Palmer wrote: »
    If somebody won't come to the door and threatens to call the police it sounds like they feel intimidated. We aren't talking about drug dealing so that is just over blowing the actual situation.

    There is no doubt Rori is upsetting the other residents who aren't upsetting each other.

    sorry for multiple...

    IF she had called the police, you could say she was intimidated.

    If she threatens to call the police, theres a number of things you could say.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer


    sorry for multiple...

    IF she had called the police, you could say she was intimidated.

    If she threatens to call the police, theres a number of things you could say.

    I don't get what you mean by that. Because she didn't actually call the police it she didn't feel intimidated? That is some weird logic.

    They are also paying rent.

    It isn't about being a pessimist it is about being a realist, at least 3 people see Rori as the problem. That says a lot. He is unhappy with the place the best course of action is to leave when he finds a new place. They can't kick him out but it is best for all concerned he finds something he is happier with but being on RA it will take a little longer. I don't get why he would want the battle and he does want it that says a lot too.


  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭teddansonswig


    ray i think you use boards logic which is overwhelmingly negative.


    people threaten to call the cops who dont mean it in the slightest. its an end to the conversation for them. its a raising of the stakes.
    what im saying is that you cant presume she is mentally all there.

    The OP has heard nothing from anyone regarding complaints until the august letter, which is vague to say the least.

    OP is under no obligation to be nice to his noisy neighbours.
    2 years in he has made it his home, no one should unreasonably be telling him to change that.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer


    ray i think you use boards logic which is overwhelmingly negative.


    people threaten to call the cops who dont mean it in the slightest. its an end to the conversation for them. its a raising of the stakes.
    what im saying is that you cant presume she is mentally all there.

    The OP has heard nothing from anyone regarding complaints until the august letter, which is vague to say the least.

    OP is under no obligation to be nice to his noisy neighbours.
    2 years in he has made it his home, no one should unreasonably be telling him to change that.

    Well I tell you what, don't judge my personality and stick with attack the post not the poster.

    Great that you are jumping on somebody mental state now because how you are interpreting what "call the police" means. Why assume that it means somebody has some mental issue is an extreme jump.

    The OP is under an obligation to remain civil to other tenants no matter what.

    He doesn't like his neighbors and they don't like him and he is not happy with the service, doesn't sound like a nice home that anybody would want to stay in. It can't end well for anybody if he stays. The grown up thing to do is move on


  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭teddansonswig


    ray its just that were on 2 sides. i believe him you dont. not realy attacking you

    not realy jumping on mental states, just fleshing out my idea for you.

    your posts are a bit dramatic.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer


    ray its just that were on 2 sides. i believe him you dont. not realy attacking you

    not realy jumping on mental states, just fleshing out my idea for you.

    your posts are a bit dramatic.

    You see that is where you are wrong. It doesn't matter if you believe him or not. The most sensible thing to do is move as their is obvious tension that can't end well. To stay is to pick a pointless battle where nobody wins.

    There is nothing to believe or not he is arguing with two tenants and the letting company.

    Again stop the personal comments about me.


  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭teddansonswig


    Ray Palmer wrote: »
    You see that is where you are wrong. It doesn't matter if you believe him or not. The most sensible thing to do is move as their is obvious tension that can't end well. To stay is to pick a pointless battle where nobody wins.

    There is nothing to believe or not he is arguing with two tenants and the letting company.

    Again stop the personal comments about me.

    you mean if it were you, the most sensible thing you would do is move on.


    op has stated he wants to stay. maby not forever but longer than 28 days.

    most of the posts have supported him to say he should stay and fight his corner.
    gratefully we have you here to say otherwise, and i defend your right to say it
    but theres no need to hammer home your negativity.


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi


    Ray Palmer wrote: »
    To stay is to pick a pointless battle where nobody wins.

    You could argue that it would be better to contest and defeat a wrongful eviction (assuming it is wrongful) as most people would prefer not to be able to say that they have been evicted at some point in their life. I agree with you that ultimately it is better for the OP to leave this tenancy, but they should be able to do so of their choosing.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer


    djimi wrote: »
    I agree with you that ultimately it is better for the OP to leave this tenancy, but they should be able to do so of their choosing.

    Which is what he can totally do and I also suggested.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer


    you mean if it were you, the most sensible thing you would do is move on.


    op has stated he wants to stay. maby not forever but longer than 28 days.

    most of the posts have supported him to say he should stay and fight his corner.
    gratefully we have you here to say otherwise, and i defend your right to say it
    but theres no need to hammer home your negativity.

    No it is the most sensible thing to do period. He can stay longer than 28 days as I already said.

    Your just continually throwing in personal comments which is extremely childish and passive aggressive. Congrats on getting me to your level. I'm done


  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭teddansonswig


    im sure the OP can pull 2k out and move tomorrow. problem solved!


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail


    ray its just that were on 2 sides. i believe him you dont. not realy attacking you

    not realy jumping on mental states, just fleshing out my idea for you.

    your posts are a bit dramatic.

    No one is disbelieving him. No one is saying he is having mad parties, but the facts as laid out in his posts and in the letters are that he has been harassing neighbours to the point that one is at the end of his tether, and another refuses to open the door and feels threatened enough to call the Gardai. It is likely the Agency has a strong case, and witnesses. I can't see how going down the PRTB route will be beneficial for the OP.


  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭teddansonswig


    MouseTail wrote: »
    and feels threatened enough to call the Gardai.

    should read... feels threatened enough to threaten to call the gardai.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭the world wonders


    MouseTail wrote: »
    No one is disbelieving him. No one is saying he is having mad parties, but the facts as laid out in his posts and in the letters are that he has been harassing neighbours to the point that one is at the end of his tether, and another refuses to open the door and feels threatened enough to call the Gardai.
    Rorie wrote:
    Also I am not harassing anybody, I simply asked them politely to keep the noise down on 3 or 4 occasions.
    please read the thread before responding


  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Rorie


    I'd like to point out one more time - IF i could leave, I would, but I can't. When you do a search for places that accept rent allowance in Dublin you might be lucky to find one place. When you actually go to view the place you find you're in the running with 20 or 30 other people, so yes not impossible, but almost. Also I would like to clear my name since this eviction is (as the title suggests) unfair. To leave without fighting this case would be to admit that they are right, which they are not.
    On the matter of the lady calling the guards - she made this threat the FIRST time I knocked on her door, and also shouted some weird comments that lead me to think she is a bit unhinged.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 Clothy


    Rorie wrote: »
    I've been living in a flat in Dun Laoghaire for 2 years. I'm a considerate neighbour, have never had parties, have only had 2 friends in the 2 years visit my place, each on separate occasions and when I listen to music, watch movies or anything like that, I always wear headphones. There's virtually no noise coming from my place.

    Some of my neighbours are very noisy a lot of the time and occasionally I have had to knock into them to ask them to keep the noise down late at night. One time I knocked into one guy and asked him to keep the noise down, he was very apologetic and friendly about it, shaking my hand and hugged for an uncomfortably long time? I went back to my place and the noise started again. I've since had to ask him to keep the noise down a few more times and each time he's gotten angry at me. A lady upstairs is constantly banging who knows what on the floor. I've had to knock into her too and she won't open the door to me, won't acknowledge she's been making noise and then threatens to call the Gardai.

    I have never received any complaints from neighbours, never had anyone knock to my door to ask me to keep noise down and all of a sudden in August, I got a letter saying it's my first and final warning of getting evicted due to anti-social behaviour. 3 weeks ago I then got an eviction letter saying I have 28 days to leave the premises. I've attached the letters to this post.

    I have in the past myself sent letters of complaint to the letting agency due to noisy neighbours, appliances not working, faulty electrical sockets etc. They have all been ignored and I only got any response after phoning the agency. I've asked to speak to the landlord and been refused his contact details and when I enquired about my neighbours making complaints about me, I asked if I could then make complaints about them due to the noise they make in comparison to me. The agency said they wouldn't allow me to make a complaint?

    I'm half thinking that the agency may have made up the story of my neighbours making complaints and that it may just be them trying to get rid of me.

    Just to add, I lost my job recently and I'm on rent allowance and it will be near impossible to find a new apartment, even if I had a job.

    As you can see from the letters the agency sent, there's a lot of errors such as the dates, address and name amongst all the grammatical errors. There's also mention of the 8th of January for some reason?

    If anyone can lend some advice as to where I may stand it would be appreciated.

    The misspellings all over those letters mean they have zero legal standing. Just ignore them


  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Rorie


    Clothy wrote: »
    The misspellings all over those letters mean they have zero legal standing. Just ignore them

    That can't be true. Although the first letter is dated 20113, so maybe that will become valid in 18,100 years?


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 Clothy


    Rorie wrote: »
    That can't be true. Although the first letter is dated 20113, so maybe that will become valid in 18,100 years?

    Dun Laghaire doesn't exist therefore the first letter doesn't exist


  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Rorie


    Clothy wrote: »
    Dun Laghaire doesn't exist therefore the first letter doesn't exist

    Also my name isn't Roire, it's Rorie so the second letter isn't even addressed to me!


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 Clothy


    Rorie wrote: »
    Also my name isn't Roire, it's Rorie so the second letter isn't even addressed to me!

    Exactly. So these letters are of no standing


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan


    Clothy wrote: »
    The misspellings all over those letters mean they have zero legal standing. Just ignore them

    By virtue of the fact that the drafter is human and we have a tendency as a species to make errors, that does not void the legality of the letters, however it is highly unprofessional.

    Rorie, ring the agency and set up an appointment to discuss these letters, stating that you think there has been an error.


  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Rorie


    Rorie, ring the agency and set up an appointment to discuss these letters, stating that you think there has been an error.

    When I got the first letter, I called them and said there must be some mistake, but they didn't believe me. Then I called in to the office in person and explained yet again to no avail. I have been shouted at and called a liar by them over the phone once before when they said I hadn't paid the rent, but I did. I even showed them the receipt.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan


    Rorie wrote: »
    When I got the first letter, I called them and said there must be some mistake, but they didn't believe me. Then I called in to the office in person and explained yet again to no avail. I have been shouted at and called a liar by them over the phone once before when they said I hadn't paid the rent, but I did. I even showed them the receipt.

    Time to contact their regulator then.

    http://www.psr.ie/website/npsra/npsraweb.nsf/page/index-en

    Contact threshold and the prtb with regards to your rights and the best options for you right now.


Advertisement