Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5 on sale

Options
  • 31-10-2013 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

For anyone interested CPW uk and the UK Google store are selling the Nexus 5. CPW is £15 cheaper if you can buy from them.

mod edit:

Carphone Warehouse link - £295 (16gb only)
    NOTE: seems they will only ship to mainland UK

Anyone looking to buy through the UK playstore could try these steps
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

bromley52 wrote: »
    For anyone interested CPW uk and the UK Google store are selling the Nexus 5. CPW is £15 cheaper if you can buy from them.

Can't see it on uk cpw site, heading over next week so might pick one up if there going sim free

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭hairypigeon

i cant see it either but i'm happy to give you the commission if you can organise delivery to ire via parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭bromley52

Can't see it on uk cpw site, heading over next week so might pick one up if there going sim free

CPW here
    Their phone lines we open until 23:00 for orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pokeraladin

295 pound sim free on cfw....so if I ring them up and get it sent to a parcel motel uk site them shipped to me in ireland,am I good to pay carphonee warehouse with my Irish visa debit card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

Very ugly phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭lau1247

295 pound sim free on cfw....so if I ring them up and get it sent to a parcel motel uk site them shipped to me in ireland,am I good to pay carphonee warehouse with my Irish visa debit card?

at the shopping basket level just before check out it say on the bottom the delivery is mainland uk only :mad:

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

lau1247 wrote: »
    at the shopping basket level just before check out it say on the bottom the delivery is mainland uk only :mad:

Just use parcel motel. Maybe someone in NI could let us know when they are on the shelves up there.

TBH I would only upgrade if the camera is substantially better than my Xperia T. I haven't been impressed with LG cameras in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Camera won't be better than the Sony one.

CPW UK only ship to mainland UK I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Natakranta

I ordered yesterday evening from play store UK to parcel motel. Order status is still "pending". I so hope it goes through. I bought Nexus 4 this way 2 months ago when Google cut the price. It was no brainer to me. I'll keep you updated. Meanwhile can somebody confirm if CPW UK sends them to parcel motel? Though AFAIK CPW UK has only 16GB versions and I want the 32GB one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Just did a dummy purchase on CPW and got to the Credit/Debit card details and all seems fine. I'd imagine it would go through okay once your billing address is the same as the Parcel Motel one (I'm sure a temporary address change is feasible).

But I'm not in the market for one of these phones, as of yet (pretty happy with my S4 atm). I'll have to keep tabs on the N5 thread though, just to see what I might be missing out on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sud1

Grecco wrote: »
    Very ugly phone
    ..whats so ugly about it...looks fairly similar to other phones on the market..

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Evil_g

Any one know if bricks and mortar Car Phone warehouse stores in the North might be stocking these at some stage?

Heh...their IE account is being bombarded: https://twitter.com/CarphoneIE

I've asked their UK account.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭bren2001

Evil_g wrote: »
    Any one know if bricks and mortar Car Phone warehouse stores in the North might be stocking these at some stage?

Heh...their IE account is being bombarded: https://twitter.com/CarphoneIE

I've asked their UK account.

You can reserve one on their website and collect it up north. As far as I am aware it is just the 16gb and it is 15 pound cheaper than Google Playstore.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

sud1 wrote: »
    ..whats so ugly about it...looks fairly similar to other phones on the market..

Presumably not being an iPhone makes it ugly. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

Ugggggggggggggggh it doesn't have an Apple logo on it!!!111oneoneone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

Does anyone know if this is going to be released in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭micks_address

bren2001 wrote: »
    You can reserve one on their website and collect it up north. As far as I am aware it is just the 16gb and it is 15 pound cheaper than Google Playstore.

I tried reserving one for Newry and it wouldn't let me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

I think it is time to trade in my s3 and get the nexus 5. Lte here I come

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I tried reserving one for Newry and it wouldn't let me

Rang them about 10 times, (other stores too) but none Would answer the phones...
    Was willing to drive up there if they would keep one but never did.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

£259.00 with free delivery from Amazon.co.uk. I don't know if they'll ship to Parcel Motel in N.I. But they will take an Irish credit card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭micks_address

£259.00 with free delivery from Amazon.co.uk. I don't know if they'll ship to Parcel Motel in N.I. But they will take an Irish credit card.
    Do you have a link to Amazon? Can't find it for sale on there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Link??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

That's the Nexus 4

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-Google-Nexus-4-16GB/dp/B00AEXOG7Q/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1383424977&sr=8-8&keywords=nexus+5

Ya pick me up one 2 u can send it down to cork....:)

Amazon uk don't have it yet.....they said they will be sticking it next few weeks...how much extra, who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭spr1nt3r

Hate all the waiting. You always see stuff in US, then trickled down to UK for 40% higher price and eventually deliveries to IE or IE stores selling for another 15% on top. Joke..
    Also if it goes the same path Google dongle went might as well buy something else than wait. It all looks good in trade shows until it actually reaches the stores with hefty premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Nolimits

spr1nt3r wrote: »
    Hate all the waiting. You always see stuff in US, then trickled down to UK for 40% higher price and eventually deliveries to IE or IE stores selling for another 15% on top. Joke..
    Also if it goes the same path Google dongle went might as well buy something else than wait. It all looks good in trade shows until it actually reaches the stores with hefty premium.

In fairness prices in the US don't include tax, which is usually under 10% when added whereas us and the UK prices will include VAT at in or around 20%

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭spr1nt3r

Nolimits wrote: »
    In fairness prices in the US don't include tax, which is usually under 10% when added whereas us and the UK prices will include VAT at in or around 20%

Theoretically yes, not in real world. Most devices I have purchased in UK and especially Ireland had 40% margin compared to US ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭ongarite

spr1nt3r wrote: »
    Just in case you were going to get this phone from the US for a cheaper price as you say, be warned that it will not work on 4G networks in Europe.
    There is a US spec LTE Nexus 5 with US only bands and then the rest of world version with US and Asia 4G LTE bands.
    If this doesn't concern you, like using 3G only, then getting the US version is worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Any idea if O2 etc will have this soon? Why does the UK get it and we can't??

Advertisement