Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rasmussen outs Hesjedal

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Slo_Rida wrote: »
    Yeah like I saw a guy bring the answers into a test once so I quit college.
    Bike racing is entertaining, peds are a problem, but bike racing is entertaining.

Not sure what you're specifically saying but if you're comparing the rare event of one guy cheating in a college exam to the rampant use of ped's in cycling in the Armstrong era, then I'd say that'd be quite obviously a ridiculous comparison. And personally, no, I'd experience the knowledge of virtually an entire professional sport pumped up on drugs, as it was then, to be the opposite of 'entertaining,' & not worth looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

pelevin wrote: »
    That's like being annoyed about it getting dark earlier in the winter.

That is one wierd way to illustrate your point. I don't think the comparison of doping to winter time darkness works!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

Not sure what you're specifically saying but if you're comparing the rare event of one guy cheating in a college exam to the rampant use of ped's in cycling in the Armstrong era, then I'd say that'd be quite obviously a ridiculous comparison. And personally, no, I'd experience the knowledge of virtually an entire professional sport pumped up on drugs, as it was then, to be the opposite of 'entertaining,' & not worth looking at.

No. I'm saying that telling one not to watch a sport because it angers oneself when a rider admits to doping 10 years ago is "quite obviously ridiculous".
    That is what one is saying.

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    That is one wierd way to illustrate your point. I don't think the comparison of doping to winter time darkness works!

It's not weird at all since at this stage noone can be in denial about how rampant the use of stuff like EPO was in that era, and so for me the idea of watching modern pro-cycling is to accept how bad things were then and move on. To actually watch pro-cycling now & supposedly have deep qualms about people cheating from the very recent time when it's more or less accepted that if you were winning anything you were most likely taking certain substances - that makes no sense to me.

It's as blatant a truth as the days getting shorter that riders were taking drugs, and to watch it now is to accecpt that and move on - which is not, to point out the obvious, the same as abandoning one's ethical sense. And the idea of dwelling on whether riders who doped ten years ago are still benefiting from those activities - well if that's how someone genuinely feels, I'd struggle to see why they are bothering with pro-cycling now.

Slo_Rida wrote: »
    No. I'm saying that telling one not to watch a sport because it angers oneself when a rider admits to doping 10 years ago is "quite obviously ridiculous".
    That is what one is saying.

Anger is generally an emotion which dies out quite quickly. Unless people enjoy being angry, stoking its fires intentionally, why the hell would they be watching pro-cycling whilst trying to sustain some pure ethical stance regarding pro-cycling, when everyone knows how dirty it's been right thru the very recent past?

• Advertisement

Anger is generally an emotion which dies out quite quickly. Unless people enjoy being angry, stoking its fires intentionally, why the hell would they be watching pro-cycling whilst trying to sustain some pure ethical stance regarding pro-cycling, when everyone knows how dirty it's been right thru the very recent past?

Because watching it doesn't annoy them DOPING annoys them.
    I'm out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I see Ras said the entire Rabobank TDF 2007 team were on the sauce.
    Freire is threatening to sue him unless he retracts it.
    Seems one cyclist at least from that era is fairly sure he can prove he was clean.
    Here's hoping !

RobFowl wrote: »
    Freire is not threatening to sue him unless he retracts it.
    Seems one cyclist at least from that era is fairly sure he can prove he was clean.
    Here's hoping !

He's not threatening to sue him unless he retracts it? So if he doesn't retract it he won't get sued and if he does retract it he will get sued?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

He's not threatening to sue him unless he retracts it? So if he doesn't retract it he won't get sued and if he does retract it he will get sued?

:o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

500full.jpg

• Advertisement

Juan Gutierrez Guti ‏@Juan_Guti 30m

Rasmussen ya ha rectificado públicamente: "Ni una vez en mi vida vi doparse a Óscar Freire. De Flecha tampoco sé nada". Vía @EFEnoticias

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭corny

Freire is threatening to sue him unless he retracts it.
    Here's hoping !

He claims Leinders doped the whole team..... Gert Leinders.... Interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

corny wrote: »
    He claims Leinders doped the whole team..... Gert Leinders.... Interesting.

Leinders. Now where did he end up?

Rasmussen ya ha rectificado públicamente: "Ni una vez en mi vida vi doparse a Óscar Freire. De Flecha tampoco sé nada". Vía @EFEnoticias

Eh?

Allow me to translate:

"Rats must have public and menthol rectals: "Knee [No] one hi-viz on me livin la vida loca the dopey Oscar Freire. That Flecha ain't so fast no more". Via ef ef ef notices."

Pretty sure that's right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭Plastik

Now former teammate and triple world champion Oscar Freire has threatened legal action which has caused Rasmussen to retract his statements:

“There was organized doping, but it did not include all the riders,” Rasmussen told EFE.com. “Not once in my life did I see Oscar Freire doping. Flecha as well, he also didn’t know anything.”

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2013/11/rocacorba-daily-98/

Advertisement