Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East Coast Winter Thread Merge

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinwing

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Go on to Youtube Mr.Flaps, check out TAfishing. Beach fishing for beginners in 4 parts, I'd recommend watching all the videos though, very addictive. Plus I've learned tons.

Also thanks from me for steering beginners towards these videos

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I've watched them several times over and pick something new up each time. The man should work for the Irish tourism board. His videos of Courtmacsherry and of the Beara peninsula are truly breath taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

I watched some more last night. As a beginner to beach fishing, I picked up a huge amount of valuable info.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rubyfynn

i think we should bring back the mackerel thread cos getting near that time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

rubyfynn wrote: »
    i think we should bring back the mackerel thread cos getting near that time of year

It's April man.
    Won't start seeing me till late may if were lucky though the weather ATM May bring them in quicker

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Saw a few macks being caught over the weekend :D - mind you, it was down South so this is the wrong thread. Just thought I throw it out there though, just to tease folks a bit......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭.red.

There was macks caught on christmas day in the beara a few years back and i caught 5/6 in cork harbour in feb of last year, albeit from a boat.
    Theres always stories of a few stragglers about. Wouldnt be targeting them yet tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rubyfynn

I ssuppose just thought with the weather

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Saw a few macks being caught over the weekend :D - mind you, it was down South so this is the wrong thread. Just thought I throw it out there though, just to tease folks a bit......

The tope are on the prowl up my way, any chance you can send me a pm
    I could do with some fresh bait...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Geomy wrote: »
    The tope are on the prowl up my way, any chance you can send me a pm
    I could do with some fresh bait...

Wasn't me that caught them I'm afraid. I spotted 4 lads in a boat beside me (I was in my kayak) and one of them hauled up a string of macks. Another chap had some from his kayak in Cork somewhere on Sunday. I'm hoping to give Clogherhead a rattle on Friday if the forecast stays as it is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement