Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Irish Servers Chat/Info

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Its not that there is no admins its just set up as official server which can't be administered as such due to dice/ea rules its to prevent badming. I think the lads are working towards changing so the admins can work their magic. There are a few on here so maybe they can shed more light

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Nologogo wrote: »
    Are there admins on the Gaellords servers? Was on last night and spent the majority of two or three maps being baser**ed, four or five players down, with teams stacked heavily against.

The server is on Official preset, which means no players can be kicked or banned. There were admins online.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Nologogo wrote: »
    Yep. Good server is only as good as the admins.

That's not very fair Nologogo, I think educating yourself in how a server is run should be done first before you go insulting the guys that run it.

As this is an official server we have very little control over various aspects of it. Team Balance being one of them, the system in at the moment is a DICE one & is shockingly bad at balancing the teams. I have no doubt it will be fixed in the future.

What time was this at? We are not always playing Battlefield as it is impossible for us to play 24hrs a day. Our teamspeak is advertised multiple times during a round on the server. If you are having issues on the server why not join & inform someone on there?

You can also PM me here on boards with any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Nologogo

ktulu123 wrote: »
    That's not very fair Nologogo, I think educating yourself in how a server is run should be done first before you go insulting the guys that run it.
    Hey hold on, its a perfectly fair statement to make. Having a server populated does not make it a good server. Its the admins that do that. Cant see how you can disagree with that. Adding to that, I didn't insult anyone, I just pointed out what I see as a flaw in the server configuration.

You guys decided to make it an "Official" server in order to get the automatch traffic from within battlelog. It makes populating the server a lot easier in order to take EA's player traffic, you sacrifice your administrators rights.
    That's true yes?

It is a decision you guys made, it was a choice you took, and as a result, if a hacker comes online your admins and can do absolutely nothing to stop them. If teams are stacked you can do nothing to stop that. If a racist comes online and starts mouthing off, you can do nothing to stop them. All because you guys decided to make the server an official server.
    That's true yes?

You could easily make it a ranked server and admin it yourselves couldn't you?

I understand how the servers work. We have two running ourselves, one ranked, one official (and I don't play on the official one for that very same reason). This isn't a BF4/Dice/EA thing. They gave you a choice and you took the "Official" one instead of the "Ranked" one. You guys made the decision to not admin the server.
    If you are having issues on the server why not join & inform someone on there? You can also PM me here on boards with any issues.
    Well why bother? You cant do anything to fix any issues that are raised as long as the server remains configured as it is.

Look I like the fact that you are hosting the servers and bringing some players together. Its good. I just don't like that the server doesn't have any admins, that's all.

Its not personal. I'm not here saying our servers are better than yours etc. Its not meant as an insult. Its just an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Guys there are any amount of RCON tools that will allow you to admin the server, which I am sure you are aware off. Its nonsense to say that you cannot kick players, of course you can, how else do you make spaces for clan members when server full?

Also Procon can easily do auto balancing, kit limiting etc etc etc.

[Edit] Just seen the automatch part there, wasnt aware of that. I'd rather play on a well adminned half full server than a full one that is unbalanced and full of a-holes causing bother etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

TheFairy wrote: »
    [Edit] Just seen the automatch part there, wasnt aware of that. I'd rather play on a well adminned half full server than a full one that is unbalanced and full of a-holes causing bother etc.

Yes, like we said...you cannot ban or kick people if you use the Official preset.

I think the thing to do with BF4 servers is use the Official preset for a few weeks until the server gets regulars and people have it favourited. The GaelLords.com #1 server is currently 41st in the world on GameTracker out of over 6600 servers, because of people playing on it regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I've a ranked hardcore server running with procon installed with full admin, balancing and banning rights and it gets traffic from quickmatches. You just need to get a game running that is the tricky bit but if you can get 4 people online at once to start a match then it fills in seconds and stays full for hours.

Every server will get idiots on it and it's impossible to be on 24 hours a day to monitor for them so that's why I went hardcore. The players who play a lot of bf and play it properly play on hardcore servers. Normal servers are a hotbed for idiots and trolls.

If you don't want to play with idiots play on hardcore, it is actually much better and easier on hardcore because soldiers aren't bullet sponges and don't regenerate their health and the enemy doesn't have a map to your location on the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

Hello guys,

If you have an issue with the GaelLords servers please contact myself by pm on this forum or the forums on gaellords.com and even better yet pop onto the ts3 server gaellords.com:9987 look for a admin there is normally a person online that will be able to help and i'm online there most evenings.

We are currently running a teamspeak sync for our battlefield servers which means once you join the staging channel it will automatically move you to the correct channel for your team. At the end of each round both teams will be moved back into the staging channel again. This is one of many features to come on our servers.

Yes our Servers are run on official mode it may or may not be like next month or not. We hope to implement some third party anti cheats to the server shortly. But official or not if you have a issue direct it to me please and it will be dealth with.

Thanks,

Laviski.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Our server is ranked with a lot of active admins,seems to be full 24/7 with many regulars.
    Ranked works great for us.

I have maybe 10-15 servers added to my favourites list and without doubt the GaeLlords and our own server seem to be full 24/7.
    Played on GaeLlords over the weekend and had no issues.

b_560_95_1.png

Theres also an EA DICE test server in Ireland but rarely populated.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/d8782c12-914c-405d-b16b-7888e8411533/EA-DICE-Test-Server-268762/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Gaellords -v- Celts, eh?

Forty quatloos on the newcomer!

popcorn.jpg

• Advertisement

Sparks wrote: »
    Gaellords -v- Celts, eh?

Forty quatloos on the newcomer!

popcorn.jpg

Funny how someone always has to make it into a versus scenario :P

Dcully wrote: »
    Well, it's Battlefield, not Minecraft :P :pac:

Now oil up and get back in the ring to dance for our entertainment! :D

Dcully wrote: »

Would be a pretty cool thing to organize a weekly skirmish between all of the Irish based servers. We DEFINITELY(ie. me :P) need a few more weeks of practice before anything like that could happen :)

A rule would need to be put in place though. This would be for FUN, bitching moaning etc not allowed as it just ruins the craic of it all

Can we reserve a spot on the rooftop and an M82A3 for Spear for that match? :P

Definitely, I'm still hunting that bastards tags

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,074 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Can we reserve a spot on the rooftop and an M82A3 for Spear for that match? :P

Only if there's a way for me to swing it at people instead.
    Definitely, I'm still hunting that bastards tags

If it makes you happier, I got Shadowhearth yesterday too. It was a bit weird seeing the Irish flag and boards.ie logo when he was flipped over and the blade went in.

Spear wrote: »
    Only if there's a way for me to swing it at people instead.
    I don't think you can actually stab people with a .50 calibre semi-automatic anti-materiel rifle, but if you want to give it a try...

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭rickdangerouss

EU1BF4PGM500 (DICE Ireland Test Servers)
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4.../EU1BF4PGM500/

The ping is very low for myself, around 12-10 ms. Yet I do not see anyone on it at all.
    I understand that no settings can be changed, Just for a quick one or two games to see any differences?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Just pick BF4 up on PC, hopefully see ye on some of the Irish servers in the coming days. :D Be kind, I've to get used to mouse and keyboards again.

So, on Celts, [MIKU]AKARI233 loves sitting in the do-not-go area, attacking helos in the other spawn. Can a Celts admin ban the ****er please? He's turned Lancan Dam from a game into an exercise in waiting for the tickets to run down.

• Advertisement

So, on Celts, [MIKU]AKARI233 loves sitting in the do-not-go area, attacking helos in the other spawn. Can a Celts admin ban the ****er please? He's turned Lancan Dam from a game into an exercise in waiting for the tickets to run down.

Hey sparks, im not sure who else from celts frequents boards apart from myself but you will get better luck over on our site http://www.celtsclan.co.uk/index.html
    or on TS.
    What can i say only sorry you had to endure such nonsense,its not normally the case and the admins usually take swift action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 DanTheMan1

Hey Sparks,

CeltS MadDoG here, cant change my username

As Cully said just pop on Teamspeak if you are having issues, like most communities not everyone who wears a tag is an admin.

Our server has been ranked from day 1 so we could admin the server, just like on our BF3 server. We used to use a plugin on our BF3 server that says when an admin joins, kicks someone, etc... So for the people on the server you know who to ask for an admin. With the problems with BF4, we are keeping plugins to a minimum,

So sorry for all your hassle, jump on teamspeak or the forums, please dont use the chat box to report a player :)

Feedback is key good or bad to running good servers, so thanks for letting us know about this player.

Cheers,

MadDoG

www.celtsclan.co.uk

Cheers guys, know what to do next time it happens now.

I was on the Gaellords server yesterday for my first day of BF4 on PC. Great craic. But man there does be some seriously whiny people in the side chat. Just wow.

Hop on our TS next time your on bob

You from Kilmac?

MadDoG

I am.... why?

I am from down the road in Newtownmountkennedy but Live in London :)

I might pop over to your teamspeak one evening and say hello,

MadDoG

www.celtsclan.co.uk

Will do, next chance I get some time to play.

• Advertisement

Good stuff lads, i'll cya's on there.

In other news one of our guys has made a knifings stats page for our servers. You can see how many knife kills you have & more importantly who's tags you have :D

http://www.gaellords.com/bf4/

I need to improve :P

Advertisement