Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many infractions have you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭mountai

If Youda said "His knob on TOP of the table" youda got away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Think Ive 2, on my old account I think I had one for being racist :o I just told a joke and got infracted

You def made the right decision changing your account from Ihateimmigrants to Ihatecuddles. Much more becoming :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Sober Oldyouth is a fine upstanding member of Boards with a clear record, could even be nominated for some sort of award. Drunk Oldyouth, however, can be a right asshole and has picked up a couple of yellows. Luckily, he falls asleep in the chair before he does too much damage

Mod

I've had to delete more posts discussing the modding of other forums. I don't want to close this thread because we'll just be accused of "silencing" ye :P

It's not fair though on mods of other forums if we allow this discussion here to criticise their actions. There is a DRP process in place if you feel an infraction was unwarranted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I've two red's two yellows. I look as it as being well balanced!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

1 yellow for saying "some people in here are fcuktards"

1 red for saying "sure what was she doing out of the kitchen" - something about a Nigella Lawson thread. I thought it was apt and not one but sexist.

Got them off the same guy. He's meant to be a nice guy too buuuut......il say no more, don't want an orange card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

testicle wrote: »
    It seems I've been naughty. I've 27

Edit: 16 Reds, 11 Yellows

I thought if you collect that many they site ban you for having too many of them?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I thought if you collect that many they site ban you for having too many of them?

Depends on the time-span!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

I saw the username "Sh1tbag O Toole" and was hopeful of seeing some kind of record infraction ban tally...what a disappointment.

Good username tho, I like it. Now hop to getting yourself some infractings

None, squeaky clean for over 10 years. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

None as I'm a good little boy .

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

1st- For personal abuse (banned from the Dublin city forum for a week)

2nd infraction for being a ''grammar nazi'' (this went very wrong because in my attempt to make a fool of someone for writing something stupid, I overseen a huge mistake where I spelled ''you're'' ''your''

3rd - I made a thread on the bus forum because I was excited and it was new. I don't know how I got in trouble for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Received my first one there a couple of days ago. Don't really regret it though. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

No infractions. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

We had a similar system in school. You'd get a yellow card for fighting or giving a teacher back answers, red for stuff like vandalism or being caught mitching. Yellows were indefinite, you could get any amount of those, they usually meant you ended up in detention. Reds were permanent, life changing events. 1 red was parents called in, 2 was suspension, 3 was expulsion.

One time, we had this absolute muppet of a substitute teacher. He had no personality whatsoever. He expected everybody to be little swots and to enthusiastically love doing their homework, and to discuss poetry and the merits of wearing uniforms on their lunch break. Once, he started dishing out yellow and red cards during a PE soccer match for rough tackles and the like. The school took him seriously and a whole pile of lads got suspended.

This fella was a grade A bollix. Last I heard he was modding some Irish internet forum:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Novella wrote: »
    No infractions. :)

OooooooO goodie 2 shoes! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

None. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

4 red and a yellow that I can see but I know there's more

SV wrote: »
    4 red and a yellow that I can see but I know there's more

There's more pages of them if you look closely :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

There's more pages of them if you look closely :P

Yeahhh so... 8 red, 6 yellow, in fairness ..some are harsh!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭Davelarson

Four reds, a yellow and two single day bans. I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

I got banned from the "snacks and sweets" forum for saying Ben+Jerries was way nicer than Hagen Dazs.

Hardcore...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

1 - got it about five mins ago and to be honest i was expecting a ban for something said in the heat of the moment. So thank u mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I have quite a few, the one I'm proudest of is on the wrestling thread, during the Rock vs Cena events.
    They were all going on about wrestling stuff and offering opinions etc.

I really couldn't resist pointing out that it's all make believe. Instant ban :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

20ish warnings? 99% in the soccer forum, maybe it works differently over there. Haven't had one in well over a year

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Four yellow cards, albeit one was correctly reversed. One on the golf forum (slagging off Tiger Woods former caddie :pac:) and three in the soccer forum including said reversed one. Still feel one other was soft though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

1 x yellow card, deservedly so...apologies Dr. Bollocko ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Davelarson wrote: »
    Four reds, a yellow and two single day bans. I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.

Speaking the truth, that's where. For some reason, a lot of mods see that as trolling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

got an infraction recently for saying I wasn't going to wash under my foreskin that day

mods care about penile hygeine

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭Davelarson

newmug wrote: »
    Speaking the truth, that's where. For some reason, a lot of mods see that as trolling.

Agreed. It seems for some topics there's a line your expected to toe. I made a comment on the ladies lounge that young women really should be more careful about who they send intimate pictures of themselves to, and I was banned almost instantly for trolling. That's not trolling, that's good advice.

Even worse are those posters who accuse you of being a troll just because you're offering up different opinions to theirs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement