Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many infractions have you?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Davelarson wrote: »
    Agreed. It seems for some topics there's a line your expected to toe. I made a comment on the ladies lounge that young women really should be more careful about who they send intimate pictures of themselves to, and I was banned almost instantly for trolling. That's not trolling, that's good advice.

Even worse are those posters who accuse you of being a troll just because you're offering up different opinions to theirs.

EXACTLY. And when its a mod who you're disagreeing with, you've no chance. Out comes the ban-hammer. Its extremely poor judgement on behalf of some mods, and that reflects badly on Boards in general. No wonder quality posters are fleeing in their droves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭Davelarson

newmug wrote: »
    EXACTLY. And when its a mod who you're disagreeing with, you've no chance. Out comes the ban-hammer. Its extremely poor judgement on behalf of some mods, and that reflects badly on Boards in general. No wonder quality posters are fleeing in their droves.

So is it fair to say there's an issue with overly strict mods? I think the two instances in which I was banned were massive overreactions. I've had positive and negatives experiences with the mods so far, but unfortunately the negative has out weighed the positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

My infraction expires this evening :D for calling students a bunch of tossers :P:D:D

So is it fair to say there's an issue with overly strict mods? I think the two instances in which I was banned were massive overreactions. I've had positive and negatives experiences with the mods so far, but unfortunately the negative has out weighed the positive.

I don't think its that they're overly strict, its just that they're inconsistent, their judgement is weak. And by no means do I mean ALL mods, but unfortunately, a lot of them.

For example, its my opinion that God exists. Maybe its the right opinion, maybe its the wrong one. But its my right to believe or disbelieve what I choose, and I choose to believe in God. Now, if I state that on the Christianity forum, I will get abuse and ridicule from atheists who are also on that forum. The mods do nothing. They say that the atheists are not trolling, they're entitled to their say. However if I state that on the atheist forum, I get warnings galore, aswell as abuse and ridicule, telling me that I'm trolling for going against the charter. You cant win.

BTW I have 17 red, 7 yellow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

I'll have to give you your last rites I think:D

crockholm wrote: »
    I'll have to give you your last rites I think:D

I actually think some of my yellows were posthumously converted to reds! Is that possible mods? (Lets see if I get an answer!!!) I remember counting them up not long ago, IIRC my yellows were also in double figures, but I had less reds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

I actually think some of my yellows were posthumously converted to reds! Is that possible mods? (Lets see if I get an answer!!!) I remember counting them up not long ago, IIRC my yellows were also in double figures, but I had less reds.

Mormon infractions;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

How do you know how many if any you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

How do you know how many if any you have?

You'll know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

2 reds
    1 yellow
    Also got a short ban that lasted over a year on the motors forum because the mod forgot to lift it. Was a silly ban too for making a joke about driving in a bus lane :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Is it considered a warning if a mod addresses you in bold writing on a thread or do you get a pm for warnings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Agreed. It seems for some topics there's a line your expected to toe. I made a comment on the ladies lounge that young women really should be more careful about who they send intimate pictures of themselves to, and I was banned almost instantly for trolling. That's not trolling, that's good advice.

Even worse are those posters who accuse you of being a troll just because you're offering up different opinions to theirs.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87305146&postcount=245

Already warned on this thread about discussing other forums. If you have a problem, bring it up in the Help desk or DRP. It is being unfair. Don't bother replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 StefanBMF

i pass on the red every day when i go to work !!! :lol:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Is it considered a warning if a mod addresses you in bold writing on a thread or do you get a pm for warnings?

You get an automated pm when you get a warning.

newmug post deleted, banned.

thread has run its course.

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement