Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gabba: expensive luxury or a great jacket worth the money?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

My convertible has left the US, hopefully have it early next week. This aldi/lidl jacketis just no good, bang off it after every cycle :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I got my delivery from Evans today. I already have the jacket in a large which I found that I had plenty of room in the chest area. I've lost some weight since and I went for a large and medium in the short sleeve. I thought I might get into the medium but it's too tight in the shoulders for me, so it's up for sale.

If anyone here is looking for the SS black in a medium,I'll be sticking it up on the cycling adverts section either tonight or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Anyone with an L or XL care to comment on sizing?
    I'm 41 inch chest, 6 foot 2, 13 stone

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

I have a XL convertible which is too big for me now. When I bought it I was probably 12 stone, 40" chest & 5'10. It was a little long but fitted ok (not super tight) otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

mathie wrote: »

thanks

Large fits me fine @ 6' 1" and a little over 11.5 stone. Enough room underneath for a baselayer definitely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭ericzeking

While normal advice is to size up in Castelli, for the Gabba, buy your normal size, I'm a medium, 5 11, 76kg, fits perfect.
    Savage piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

thanks

6'2" 77kg 39-40" chest. XL is perfect. Right and tight. L would be too tight for me

HTH

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

6'1, 12.5st, 79kg.39-40@chest Large works for me, but i like my cycle gear snug, i still have room to get a couple of base layers underneath

i wouldn't be going large if i were you, XL should work well

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

Bambaata wrote: »
    Glad to see a topic on this and thanks for the ebay link

I was wondering if anyone could comment on the sizing (seems the usual -go 1 larger than normally wear) and the warmth of the jacket versus jersey. Im just wondering which is going to get most use. Am i right in saying the jacket with detachable arms is still too warm May/June to August/September and really would only be for outside of those months. If you were to put a number on it what temperature would you think is the starting point at which the jacket even with arms taken off is too warm? I really need a good jersey/jacket but cant decide between the two. I know there the option of buying both but it seems that would be mega overkill!

Just got mine from Ebay last week.
    Its a snug fit . I am 5ft 10' 74kg and I got a medium convertable. It is heavier than a normal jersey but very comfortable. I have only been out for a short 40k spin with it sleeves detached so cannot really comment on long term suitability. Expensive but seems like it will be good into winter

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭barryf42

ordered last friday night off evans and arrived on tuesday- ordered the yellow ls in L. i'm 5'10 and 81kg - fits nicely on body - a medium wouldn't have fitted - little loose on sleeves but once on bike will be fine -
    lovely feel to it and looking forward to wearing it tomorrow morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

I bought mine weeks ago and it's still sitting there unused with the tags on. Is it not still very warm to be wearing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭billyhead

Is Evans the cheapest website to get this jersey and for current owners is it really worth the cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 imskilguy

Plastik wrote: »
    I bought mine weeks ago and it's still sitting there unused with the tags on. Is it not still very warm to be wearing it?

I only wear it under 9C - otherwise its too warm

• Registered Users Posts: 31 imskilguy

billyhead wrote: »
    Is Evans the cheapest website to get this jersey and for current owners is it really worth the cost?

When I bought mine all4cycling were doing the best deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

billyhead wrote: »

Evans haven't that many left now

imskilguy wrote: »
    I only wear it under 9C - otherwise its too warm

just got mine but i would have thought the same, would cook wearing it now.

Is the Gabba 2 better?

Anybody know how long it takes from the ebay dude? After reading a few of the comments on sizing, I hope I ordered the right one. XXXL - 6'5" ~120Kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

Got my gabba s/s today in xl , 5 ft 8 and 13 stone, tad tight but is fine.

Kinet1c wrote: »
    Anybody know how long it takes from the ebay dude? After reading a few of the comments on sizing, I hope I ordered the right one. XXXL - 6'5" ~120Kg.

Arrived today. Sizing was perfect, feels snug and warm. No duty/taxes, was marked down as $15.99 value. Going to get out in this rain to see how it fairs.

• Advertisement

Really delighted I ordered this, spent best guts of an hour in that downpour in Dublin and kept warm & dry.

6' 2", 38 inch chest ....
    Would people say L or XL?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Bambaata

6' 2", 38 inch chest ....
    Would people say L or XL?

if its for racing id say large, if not and you want a few layers under then xl. I'm the same as you and tried on both in base2race

if its for racing id say large, if not and you want a few layers under then xl. I'm the same as you and tried on both in base2race

Thanks

Would you fit many layers if you were racing?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭barry75

Any deals around for the gabba not much left in Evans?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

barry75 wrote: »
    Any deals around for the gabba not much left in Evans?

x2 on the hunt for one as well

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭TiBoy

Anyone know a Dublin/near Dublin shop with a XXXL?

Thanks

Would you fit many layers if you were racing?

Would easily fit one good thermal anyway but not so sure after that. It would be tight on but should be a bit anyway as needs to be stretched to work best im told.

Convertibles going cheap on www.competitivecyclist.com but alas a $50 delivery :( Still working out cheaper than most

• Advertisement

Convertibles going cheap on www.competitivecyclist.com but alas a $50 delivery :( Still working out cheaper than most

good find, there are a couple looking so maybe they can share delivery. that is decent pricing

Advertisement