Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At long last Starbucks realise there is civilisation outside of the Pale.

Options
  • 25-10-2013 9:37am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

At long last Starbucks will open their doors in Cork next month, literally buzzing http://www.96fm.ie/News-Local-Info?ItemID=2223
    And before any of the coffee snobs pipe up and say "Starbucks wouldn't know coffee if a boiling cup spilled in their laps"
    Save it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

At long last Starbucks will open their doors in Cork next month, literally buzzing http://www.96fm.ie/News-Local-Info?ItemID=2223
    And before any of the coffee snobs pipe up and say "Starbucks wouldn't know coffee if a boiling cup spilled in their laps"
    Save it.

Pity its not in the city centre. Cork could really use a coffee place thats open after 6, so people who dont want a pint can hang out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

imitation wrote: »
    Pity its not in the city centre. Cork could really use a coffee place thats open after 6, so people who dont want a pint can hang out.
    True, I'm saying for the last few years that Opera Lane would be a no brainer for Starbucks, even emailed them a few times suggesting it.
    But I'm not complaining, Citygate is a lot closer than Kildare Village :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭adocholiday

It's a pity that starbucks coffee is pure shíte!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

At long last Starbucks realise there is civilisation outside of the Pale.
    i'm still not convinced, it's a wilderness out there! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Homer

You quite clearly need to go back to school as you can't read or are just ignorant. I'd bet on the latter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I think they do starbucks coffee in the University of Limerick. Not worth the hassle to try to park there though! I nearly had one in Kildare before, but the queue was massive! Went for the stand outside, and it was lovely.

Ditto in Disneyland Paris actually. Queue was too long, and I didn't bother. I'm beginning to think I'm a bit lazy!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Homer wrote: »
    You quite clearly need to go back to school as you can't read or are just ignorant. I'd bet on the latter.

Infracted. Attack the post, not the poster.

It's a pity this post is so shìte, uneducated and ignorant.
    Attacked the post not the poster ;-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Back on topic please all.
    It's a pity this post is so shìte, uneducated and ignorant.
    Attacked the post not the poster ;-)

Infracted. Please leaving the modding to the moderators.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Save it.

Starbucks.
    The McDonalds of cafes.

Have a nice day.

• Advertisement

Save it.

Starbucks.
    The McDonalds of cafes.

Have a nice day.

Back on topic please all.

Infracted. Please leaving the modding to the moderators.
    Please explain to me how me attacking this guys post like the admin suggested is moderating?

Starbucks.
    The McDonalds of cafes.

Have a nice day.
    So important you had to post it twice?
    And if your comparison to McDonald's refers to both of them being muti billion dollar successful corporations then I agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Don't want to go too far off topic but didn't McDonalds coffee get voted better than Starbucks? I like Starbucks but only really in America for some reason!

• Site Banned Posts: 257 ✭✭Driveby Dogboy

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Don't want to go too far off topic but didn't McDonalds coffee get voted better than Starbucks?!

I was just going to say that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Please explain to me how me attacking this guys post like the admin suggested is moderating?

If you have a question related to modding, please PM the mod or take it to feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Don't want to go too far off topic but didn't McDonalds coffee get voted better than Starbucks? I like Starbucks but only really in America for some reason!

Have to say, as for late night coffee in dublin, McDonalds coffee is really nice! Gives a lot of the best coffee in dublin a run for its money IMO.

Starbuck$, sorry, but terrible bucket water to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

I don't think making a thread about a multinational fast food chain and then demanding that no one on a public forum say a critical word was the wisest of ideas.

Starbucks has free wifi and does the only edible vegan food (hummus, roasted med veg and flatbread wrap, delicious) I've ever encountered. Can I stay in the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭macgrub

Starbucks coffee is okay. I like their specialities but their regular black coffee lacks some flavour. That said, it certainly isn't the worst around. The stuff most Irish coffee shops serve is worse; it's a cup of hot black liquid, but you get loads in the cup! Quantity, not quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Just what we need. Another multinational chain to make the place a carbon copy of every other city. There's a reasonable amount of decent individual coffee places in Cork IMO. Coffee Central in the English Market, Cafe Italee on Oliver Plunkett street. The Sugar Cube's coffee ain't bad either. Gloria Jeans is over priced muck though and you don't even get a proper mug, just a cardboard takeway job even if you're drinking inside (that's the one on Grand Parade anyway, not sure about the Patrick's street one).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Homer wrote: »

I'd bet on the latte:P

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭macgrub

mordeith wrote: »
    Just what we need. Another multinational chain to make the place a carbon copy of every other city. There's a reasonable amount of decent individual coffee places in Cork IMO. Coffee Central in the English Market, Cafe Italee on Oliver Plunkett street. The Sugar Cube's coffee ain't bad either. Gloria Jeans is over priced muck though and you don't even get a proper mug, just a cardboard takeway job even if you're drinking inside (that's the one on Grand Parade anyway, not sure about the Patrick's street one).

If they are good enough, they will survive. People who are particular about their coffee will still seek out the places that sell quality.
    Despite the gazillion Starbucks around the city centre, there are plenty of Italian coffee shops still in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Cork lacks a proper late night cafe. Cafe Eco doesn't fall under the term proper.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Irish Musician

Save it.

Cups don't boil,do they? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Cups don't boil,do they? :confused:

You're not supposed to use boiling water to make coffee anyway :)

You're not supposed to use boiling water to make coffee anyway :)
    Who mentioned water? :-)

So important you had to post it twice?
    And if your comparison to McDonald's refers to both of them being muti billion dollar successful corporations then I agree.

Both are base and lack class.

Fail to see how this somehow puts Cork on the world map.

Both are base and lack class.

Fail to see how this somehow puts Cork on the world map.
    Both are base? I'm gonna have to get out my thesaurus to decipher that one.
    As for you failing to see how this puts Cork on the world map, who even mentioned that.
    I think you failed to read the whole thread properly.
    How bout you stay on topic instead of trying to turn this into a Cork vs the rest of Ireland thread.

If you have a question related to modding, please PM the mod or take it to feedback.
    I did pm the mod to point out to them that they totally misread my post and I'm still waiting for a reply 5 hours later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

You seem to have posted in the wrong forum, this one is for coffee related stuff.

Advertisement