Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clever\Smart Quotes\Actions on your Cycle

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭connie_c

My dad on seeing me in Lycra for the first time. I had just walked into his kitchen. "Oh look, it's the only gay in the village"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Was taking the bike down to the LBS a few weeks ago, so I wasn't in the gear. While passing a pedestrian on the Brackenstown road who was looking to cross, she startled me by barking loudly and repeatedly. Yes, like a dog.

Was travelling at speed, so I was well past by the time I could think of anything witty to say. Was just shocked by a grown woman making animal noises in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Cycling through firhouse with my Colombian cycling jersey on... a car slows alongside me...

Driver: 'Here, let those two girls go free'
    Me: That's Peru
    Driver: 'You're still a prick'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Cycling through firhouse with my Colombian cycling jersey on... a car slows alongside me...

Driver: 'Here, let those two girls go free'
    Me: That's Peru
    Driver: 'You're still a prick'

You just publicly admitted to wearing a pro team kit. For shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

"ease it up - there's lads off the back" as heard towards the back of the bunch at one of the first races of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

A group of Lycra clad cyclist descended on a popular coffee stop,as we entered we were meat by a group of toddlers crawling on the floor,at the sight of this caffeine craving hoard charging towards her brood the mother sprung from her seat to gather them up,
    I stopped looked her in the eye a said "Your all right love were not that hungry":D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Me, to cyclist who has just stuck their arm out and moved across the bus lane without looking, causing the 46A, which was only 3m behind her, to jam on and beep long and loud: "That's only your arm, it's not a magic wand". She just ignored the bus and me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Posted this in the Ras thread earlier in year. Still laughing at it.

Quote of the year:

“I’m feeling great Brian – bit of bad luck yesterday – a break of 168 riders went away after 4 kilometres and I couldn’t bring them back”

http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-n...-wants-a-pair/

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Doc07

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    You just publicly admitted to wearing a pro team kit. For shame.

I'm guilty of wearing pro team kit. Got it second hand on eBay, can't shell out the dosh for new kit. Have had a few 'go on lance Armstrong' while cycling near Tallaght.
    To all the people who passed me in the last few weeks as I struggled up Howth in my vintage Pantani Mercatone UNO or ONCE jerseys, thank you for sparing me any cruel remarks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

daragh_ wrote: »
    Bunch of kids crossing at lights while I waited for green.

"Hey mistah, yer chain's fla' "

I looked. :rolleyes:

Over a week later and you still haven't filled us in. The suspense is killing me, was it flat or not?...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Friday resurrection :

Taxi gestures to me this morning that I should be cycling on the footpad, despite the bus/bicycle sign. Naturally I gesture to him to have a civilised debate on the matter...
    :
    :
    20 minutes later, I find him parked in the "rank" or rather the queue for the rank at heuston station.
    I pulled up beside him, and as he wound down the window I said "parked on double yellows I see" and cycled off ignoring his request for civilised debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

A mate cycling to college one day was being overtaken by a car full of students and the lad in the passenger seat rolled down the window and said 'you look some state on that bike'.
    The mate replied 'I didn't look some state on your ma last night'

Advertisement