Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Does it smell like a scam?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

too many people hand over cash in a public place and are then robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

waslooking on dondeal (an octavia estate) the car looks perfect. googled number, comes up as a recovery truck, ok check the address on streetview, not the house the photos are taken at. didnt even bother calling mainly because i guess the photos arent of the car in current condition and it would be a 6 hour round trip for me to check.
    the car is still for sale

scam or should i be interested (number didnt show other cars for sale dirt cheap for an 07 but it is a 2.0 petrol )

• Registered Users Posts: 3 col2500

Did anyone ever hear of this crowd www.honestcars.ie I got a flyer in my door about them yesterday.I think they are new ive read through their website and thinking of using them to sell my car.

Anyone had any experience dealing with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

col2500 wrote: »
    Did anyone ever hear of this crowd www.honestcars.ie I got a flyer in my door about them yesterday.I think they are new ive read through their website and thinking of using them to sell my car.

Hi there Colin Enright. Is it not your own site? You should know more about it than the rest of us

http://whois.domaintools.com/honestcars.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

That's some mighty fine detective work Discombobulate. Gave me a good laugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Shilltastic

You think i would:DHA its not my website although we do have the same first name good detective work though, im trying to get rid of a little fiesta and dont what to put it up on the likes of gumtree and get scammers telling me they love the car and the cheque is on the way or email me back text messages

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

You think i would:DHA its not my website although we do have the same first name good detective work though, im trying to get rid of a little fiesta and dont what to put it up on the likes of gumtree and get scammers telling me they love the car and the cheque is on the way or email me back text messages

Haha, it is your site though, right?

I wouldnt mind if it was but im sorry to say its not:( think there is more than 1 person called Colin out there

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

I wouldnt mind if it was but im sorry to say its not:( think there is more than 1 person called Colin out there

I wouldn't wish it was my site at all. I think its an awful website and a very poor idea.

You should thank your lucky stars Colin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

I wouldn't wish it was my site at all. I think its an awful website and a very poor idea.

You should thank your lucky stars Colin
    Haha. Honest cars not quite an honest poster though!

I'd say its a great place to sell a car though. Must get great traffic with its current list of 6 cars for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

lol,considering the other account you opened promoted the same website.I'd say you're banned. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement