Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Shmups on the Worse Shmup Console

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,489 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Did Mortal Kombat get that one wrong as well? Sure that series can't even spell combat right.

Was actually talking about the shmup. I do call the Mortal Kombat character 'Ray-den' too though.
    Annoys me when people call raiden From mgs 2 ray den

I just want to punch them

This chap on the other hand I call 'R-eye-den'. So I'm even lacking consistency in myself :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    I still refuse to say 'R-eye-den' though.

'Ray-den' forever!

R-eye-den sounds too much like roide or roidin, something you'd hear in The Snapper probably. :D

burgess.jpg
    Annoys me when people call raiden From mgs 2 ray den

I just want to punch them

Annoys me that that fairy appears in a Google search result before the fabulous Seibu Kaihatsu shmups of the same name. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Andrew76 wrote: »
    R-eye-den sounds too much like roide or roidin, something you'd hear in The Snapper probably. :D

burgess.jpg

A1 Andrew... A1...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I still refuse to say 'R-eye-den' though.

'Ray-den' forever!

Or 'Ree-yu' instead of 'R-eye-yu"

How were we supposed to know it was wrong? we were kids :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Andrew76 wrote: »

"He said he was a cybernetic ninja on shore leave!"

Axelay is the job, like Parodius too, that was just mental fun and the music was brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

krudler wrote: »

It's actually more like "Ruu" afaik? It'll always be R'eye'u to me though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 34,489 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

krudler wrote: »

You were right as a kid! thats how that name is pronounced. I know this from watching Akira in Japanese a billion times - one of the main characters is called 'Ree-yu' (Ryu)

But yeah as Enternow said, less emphasis on the 'ee' (the Japanese dont really elongate vowels like we do)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

But yeah as Enternow said, less emphasis on the 'ee' (the Japanese dont really elongate vowels like we do)

Enternow no longer exists in this Dojo!

Advertisement