Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com - Copa Del Boards World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

baza Rakus wrote: »
    this is one of the risks with low-ball bidding. great buzz when it comes off. tho they aren't lost I guess - jus wait three months and comes

Ah they weren't first choice targets anyway. So far, I've gotten in Aleix Vidal, Matuidi, Bravo, Keita, Ruben Neves, Clyne, Rudiger, Fekir and Witsel.

Before anyone says it, I'm not stockpiling. I gutted my team so most of them go straight into the starting 11. Obviously the likes of keita, neves and Rudiger are investments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I got in some nice youths for low value while you guys were squabbling over the so called superstars :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Colemania wrote: »
    Ah they weren't first choice targets anyway. So far, I've gotten in Aleix Vidal, Matuidi, Bravo, Keita, Ruben Neves, Clyne, Rudiger, Fekir and Witsel.

Before anyone says it, I'm not stockpiling. I gutted my team so most of them go straight into the starting 11. Obviously the likes of keita, neves and Rudiger are investments

You're stockpili-...

oh :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I got in some nice youths for low value while you guys were squabbling over the so called superstars :p

Yeah it only occurred to me at lunch today that I've no doubt missed out on some young bargains whilst bidding 60m at Galacticos.

Pleased to have picked up Rooney on the cheap anyway. Hopefully he holds his rating until the Summer. Desperately need a fullback though.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

It's like a whole new games world!!! Hopefully we don't lose any more managers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

It's like a whole new games world!!! Hopefully we don't lose any more managers.

hope this renews my fate in this gameworld just been going through the motions for the last couple of seasons.

If Chelsea don't get promoted considering they're up against 19 sides just pillaged of all of their best players then something dodgy is going on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Beefy78 wrote: »
    If Chelsea don't get promoted considering they're up against 19 sides just pillaged of all of their best players then something dodgy is going on :)

It might help if their manager logged on though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Another 3 players in Marquinhos, Nainggolan and Schneiderlin. Will be selling on a few others to make room for new signings

That's me pretty much done for now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Another 3 players in Marquinhos, Nainggolan and Schneiderlin. Will be selling on a few others to make room for new signings

That's me pretty much done for now :)

Beat me to Nainggolan you ba***rd!

Got in Gustavo and Saul Niguez as consolation anyway!

• Advertisement

I'm just shocked no one else was in for Marquinhos!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Happy with my purchases (so far :p)
    Douglas COSTA has completed his move to Real Madrid from Shakhtar Donetsk for 34,814,000

John STONES has completed his move to Real Madrid from Everton for 19,682,000

Gonzalo HIGUAÍN has completed his move to Real Madrid from SSC Napoli for 68,198,000

Mattia PERÌN has completed his move to Real Madrid from AC Milan for 14,000,000. All other offers were turned down.

Christian ERIKSEN has completed his move to Real Madrid from Tottenham Hotspur for 37,076,000. All other offers were turned down.

Would have liked Azpilicueta, but what are ya gonna do ...(... other than dive back into the market ;))

For now, the following are available at Real Madrid ...

Falcao - 92 - 10m
    Lavezzi - 91 - 7m
    Lallana - 90 - 10m

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Who was the one you really wanted and did you get him? My guess was Ter Stegen ...

Yes and yes!! :):)

Apart from the maximum bid on Ter Stegen, I only went for 89/90 rated players so I could stretch my budget.

I have Ter Stegen, Salah, and Schar in the bag. (I know Schar's only 88, but I like him!)
    I have sole bids accepted on Lamela, and Papadopoulos.
    I have four other bids in, two of which I'm hopeful. As for the other two, if i get them it'll be a nice bonus.

So, who's going to Turner's Cross this Friday to see the likes of Ter Stegen between the sticks!! :pac:

Who's the City manager? I was cruising towards getting Thiago Silva then you bumped in with a bid. THEN effed off, allowing Bayern to swoop in with their mega millions.

I can't exactly complain. What's the sayin about bulls in china shops not calling kettles black? Hoist by me own petard. (sad face)

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Got the 3 I wanted paid big enough money but hey have to give div a good rattle!
    Kane, Draxler, and Cann welcome to Leverkusen!

Got the 3 I wanted paid big enough money but hey have to give div a good rattle!
    Kane, Draxler, and Cann welcome to Leverkusen!

I thought Leno was at a flipping external, have no keeper now :D:D

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I thought Leno was at a flipping external, have no keeper now :D:D
    Sorry about that, but that keeper is a keeper:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

91a19c4b1f202783e3215a29dae21c55.jpg

Wilberto wrote: »

If you score there you score big! Would of swapped Leno for Solo!

• Advertisement

Another visit to the cattle market, plenty earmarked, little over exuberant with the bids ... Hope they take cheques ... Galactico's SM Styleeeeee baby!

Wilberto wrote: »

mmmh:'(. Those legs to look to feminine! :ermm:

Getting ready to lose out on every bid and some should have been accepted ages ago. More than 24hrs with bids and will be beat by last minute.com. Pain in the hole this game.

Who's the City manager? I was cruising towards getting Thiago Silva then you bumped in with a bid. THEN effed off, allowing Bayern to swoop in with their mega millions.

I can't exactly complain. What's the sayin about bulls in china shops not calling kettles black? Hoist by me own petard. (sad face)

Sorry. He was the class player left so having missed out on my main targets I went in for him, then later realised I was buying him for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

2 days ago I had 245m :)

The final transfer for now. The offer for Leighton BAINES of Everton from Manchester United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

now im broke after signing 7 players and breaking the transfer record for man utd 3 times!!

However now my wage for the whole squad is nearly 2M :eek:

Ander HERRERA has completed his move to FC Porto from Athletic Club for 20,000,000. All other offers were turned down

The offer for Paco ALCÁCER of Valencia CF from FC Porto has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Stefan DE VRIJ of Tottenham Hotspur from FC Porto has been accepted along with other club offers. Tottenham Hotspur will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

With schurlle last couple of days.

NO probs Beefy. It's all part of the wonderful world of Soccer Manager!

So looks like I'm finally getting Thiago Silva, for £43m

£3m more than my original bid, and £10m more than I'd bid before you MANCHESTERCITYGATE, but I'm rationalizing it by comparing in terms of being a mere £12m more than the amount paid for Benatitata. A real deal vs. A never gonna be. That's how I logicked it anyway

I was the first in for Thiago at 30 million and then the rest of you came along, so I had to jump out, couldn't really compete and waste my budget on one player.

How in the name of Jaysus am I going to keep all these players happy :/

• Advertisement

Getting out bid quite a lot now, still have 100s of millions to spend ....

Advertisement