Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com - Copa Del Boards World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

We are goin up, we are going up! From bottom to promotion, now the really hard work will start trying to stay up in div1. Leverkusen are ready!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Shame to do it with a defeat but the application for climbing the fountain Raul style has been submitted...

Champions!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Just can't get City over the line. That's three near misses in three years.

WE GO AGAIN!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Manchester United are into the final!!! :)

Against real Madrid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

When is the market opening up? What Pacific dates?

I'm gonna buy the $hit outta that market!

By which I mean I have identified some targets, started tapping players up (not so difficult when players complain their manager "acts like a computer"), lined up my brown envelopes.

I mean I'll probably end up with Jonjo Shelvey (if I'm lucky) but you've gotta have hope.

You've gotta have hope

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Dunno, when is the last match?

I've about 100m. Hoping to get a decent keeper and defender with a few young lads to boot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Dunno, when is the last match?

I've about 100m. Hoping to get a decent keeper and defender with a few young lads to boot

Tonight. Does it allow to change the rules now, and they will automatically apply when the new season starts!

The rules can only be changed during Turn 1

baza Rakus wrote: »
    The rules can only be changed during Turn 1

Sound, will change it then

Delighted to finish in CL position with Benfica on the old rules system.
    Looking forward to the change, transfer activity and reading my news feed again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Cork City outclassed Everton and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Diouf had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Arnold and Chantôme were amongst the goalscorers.
    Cork City have finished Second in Division 2.

Boom.

The Atletico Madrid and Chelsea chairmen have decided to offer their resignation after tonight watching their previous manager lift the division one trophy with Real Madrid.

Both stated they have realized the error of their ways and regret not doing more to keep Sir Bobby Robson at their respective clubs.

So when is week one? Is that after the final friendly?

Beefy78 wrote: »

I think it's before that, when fixtures are announced

Just keep an eye and dont miss that week! I've 90 million burning a hold in my GW pocket :P

Beefy78 wrote: »

Yeah if you check the main page of the game world an announcement will appear before it saying the date which the new season fixtures will be announced.

SMFA World Cup Finals: Sat 24 October
    New fixtures announced: Tue 27 October
    First fixture of new season: Sun 1 November

BOOM.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Just keep an eye and dont miss that week! I've 90 million burning a hold in my GW pocket :P

Iv 240 million :)

Iv 240 million :)

Foley Huck!

Are you goin back for Inter in boards?

baza Rakus wrote: »
    Foley Huck!

Are you goin back for Inter in boards?

No I'm staying, I decided whichever team won tonight it would be a sign, Everton won 3-0 so I stay!!!

• Advertisement

I've £130m at City. Hoping to get two big signings and make one last push for the title.

I may have understated the funds available to me at Madrid, then again I may have overstated the funds available to me at Madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

I have 240 million...and 1 penny....

I haven't seen this much activity in this thread in months :eek:
    Hopefully in translates into the GW.

Really looking forward to the excitement and anticipation of GW1 transfers :cool:
    I don't think I've said that before on this thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

9.99 this madness must end!h

9.99 this madness must end!h

You've got 9.99 in the bank? You wanna get down to Cash Converters with some of your players mate!

I thought this is turn 1!?
    You have already edited your Advanced rules for this Game World this season or it is no longer Turn 1.

I haven't made any changes since the GW started so thats definitely not it

Never mind, tables haven't updated yet

NO mate it's still Turn 38. It'll switch to 6/1 in the top left hand corner when it's turn 1 (1st November or thereabouts)

• Advertisement

Shame to do it with a defeat but the application for climbing the fountain Raul style has been submitted...

Champions!
    The Atletico Madrid and Chelsea chairmen have decided to offer their resignation after tonight watching their previous manager lift the division one trophy with Real Madrid.

Both stated they have realized the error of their ways and regret not doing more to keep Sir Bobby Robson at their respective clubs.

In light of Real Madrids European triumph, application for a massive knees up by the Plaza de Cibeles Fountain has been granted!! :cool:

With nothing between the teams, it was Madrid's steady nerves during the penalty shoot out that eventually saw them through.

Real Madrid beat Manchester United 5 - 4 in a penalty shootout after they could not be seperated at the final whistle, with the match ending 0 - 0.
    Lloris had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

In other new ... recently departed Chelsea and Atletico chairmen had job applications turned down at Luton Town and Accrington Stanley respectively, both clubs sighting they need a chairman with a proven record in making the right decision when called upon. Both men have failed to display this quality in recent times. ;)

Advertisement