Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

85% off Walimex pro lenses @ amazon.de

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭shnaek

Got the same mail. Looks like the whole thing with these lenses is a scam. Will probably happen again in another few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

shnaek wrote: »
    Got the same mail. Looks like the whole thing with these lenses is a scam.

At least one person has posted they got theirs and a few others have shipping confirmations so looks to be an error that was honoured in some part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

I don't think it's a scam, just a pricing error. I ordered 4 lenses, 1 has arrived and 2 are on the way (confirmed dispatched). Unfortunately the one I really wanted, the 24mm, just got cancelled with a similar email to the ones above, still three out of four is not bad considering I had no expectation of receiving anything.

Is the one you got a Canon fit? the text on the site wasn't 100% clear what with the Pentax adapter and that.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Pete67 wrote: »
    I don't think it's a scam, just a pricing error. I ordered 4 lenses, 1 has arrived and 2 are on the way (confirmed dispatched). Unfortunately the one I really wanted, the 24mm, just got cancelled with a similar email to the ones above, still three out of four is not bad considering I had no expectation of receiving anything.

Exact same as you Pete67.

I really wanted the 24mm but I can't really complain as I wasn't expecting anything.

• Advertisement

penev10 wrote: »
    Is the one you got a Canon fit? the text on the site wasn't 100% clear what with the Pentax adapter and that.

AS far as I can see they are all Canon EF mount lenses (without the electronics) and are supplied with an adaptor to allow use with Pentax Q. The adapter I got was this one

Pete67 wrote: »
    AS far as I can see they are all Canon EF mount lenses (without the electronics) and are supplied with an adaptor to allow use with Pentax Q. The adapter I got was this one

Cheers, just wanted to check.

Looks like the adapter is worth what you paid for the lens! Probably not too many Pentax Q users around if you wanted to sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Thanks again OP.

Three out of the four lenses received. I'm a happy man.

If I ever have the pleasure to meet you then I'll buy you a pint (or three) :D

Thanks again OP.

Three out of the four lenses received. I'm a happy man.

If I ever have the pleasure to meet you then I'll buy you a pint (or three) :D

Likewise. Many thanks OP!

Got the 8mm on Friday.

Thanks again OP :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭shnaek

penev10 wrote: »
    At least one person has posted they got theirs and a few others have shipping confirmations so looks to be an error that was honoured in some part.

Damn. Looks like the 24mm was the only one that wasn't delivered. At least a few heads on here got a great deal in any case.

Advertisement