Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the oldest car you saw on the road today?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ryath wrote: »
    Spotted yesterday 1980 MG MGB also saw a mint 1985 525 on my way into NCT but it was gone when I came out so missed getting a pic.

389100.jpg

Never understood the love of these cars I never liked them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

jayo26 wrote: »
    Never understood the love of these cars I never liked them.

I'm not a fan of Brit yokes by a long shot. I can't even fit in those MG's at 6'3". But you would have to drive one to see the charm. They feel like a little sports car even if they're not that fast.

pablo128 wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of Brit yokes by a long shot. I can't even fit in those MG's at 6'3". But you would have to drive one to see the charm. They feel like a little sports car even if they're not that fast.

Yeh fair enough they probably are something nice to drive I have never had a chance. I've sat in a few at various times and that as close as got ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Yes I think charming is the best word to describe them. The rubber bumper models especially, they give a very rugged look to the cars. I had a 1500 rubber bumper Midget and it was great fun

It's still for sale that Hiace :D

Yeah, I might drop down in a while for a closer look and a few pics inside :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

13450955_1185330084834584_8454557837104310579_n.jpg?oh=906cab55b42abf75e086cdddf2f4dd33&oe=57E48B6F
    13450874_1185330281501231_7230275768230595434_n.jpg?oh=bde0e1da510ef8668878173805065803&oe=57D8C832

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Fvcked if I'd drive from France in that! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,594 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

It's not a drive. It's an Adventure! :D

joujoujou wrote: »
    It's not a drive. It's torture ! :D

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 13,594 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

jayo26 wrote: »
    FYP
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I rented a house to a Polish couple who drove here in a very ratty Chincequento. Packed tight with all their belongings. I thought they were both brave and hardy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    I rented a house to a Polish couple who drove here in a very ratty Chincequento. Packed tight with all their belongings. I thought they were both brave and hardy!

So how is Cinio and his missus? :D

Carrigallen Co.Leitrim for the camper, and Butlersbridge in Cavan for the Fiesta yesterday. I think I posted the fiesta before, but then it disappeared for months and I was afraid it was scrapped. Great to see it battling on.

NaVs2jH.jpg

q7MPMFr.jpg

Not technically "on the road" - but in a garage just off the N3 going in Cavan from Dublin. Many other familiar spots from Nekarsulm too :)

temporary_zps3fgh6r8j.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Saw a fabulous restored 1981 BMW 3 series in Duleek the other night. Pity the driver didn't look as in good form as the car! :(

Is that Jag at Whitegate, Duke, just before the start of the M3?

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Is that Jag at Whitegate, Duke, just before the start of the M3?

Yeah that's the one...just noticed I typed N. Saw the x2 K10 Micras coming out I Cavan town too.

Opposite those two K10's there used to be a Vauxhall Firenza Coupe parked at a house years ago.
    I went looking about it a couple of weeks ago, the people thought I was a crazy person.
    I suppose twenty years is along time to expect a car to still be around........

Hah, well you won't know if you don't ask.

Every time I've knocked on a door about a car - and whether or not that endeavor has been fruitful - they all look at me like I'm a crazy person :D It's a real niche interest, this!

Also I will be around Cavan for the next few weekends so do keep an eye out for my old Tipo :D

Today in Ballyconnell Co.Cavan. I saw the Capri and did a U turn and photo'd it, went back down and turned and the Fermanagh Sapphire (VIL reg) was parked opposite when I came back up. So had to repeat the process again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

That Capri is gorgeous.

That Capri is gorgeous.

He headed off uphill out of town as I was at the filling station. Lovely snore out of her!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Saw a red mk2 Granada in the newtown estate then heard its engine :D

Duke is it a regular sight in Coolock?

Saw a red mk2 Granada in the newtown estate then heard its engine :D

Duke is it a regular sight in Coolock?

Doesn't sound familiar, but I must keep an eye out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

1990 BMW 525i. A lady in her 60s who owns a second-hand shop across the road from us drives it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭mayota

205 in Ballina.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

A red and white Austin 1300 on the M50 southbound this afternoon, young(ish) fella driving it with his big headphones on, aren't old "family" cars so small on the roads nowdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Not very old, but still.

Nice tidy lancer, still with main dealer stickers and rear number plate surround.

2q3xchx.png

e5o08m.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I always thought those lancer's were very cool looking from the front :) Must be one of a very few still around.

• Advertisement

Lovely Caravelle parked at the Court house in Cavan today.

Advertisement