Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rockstar working on "Next version of famous IP"

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

*cough* pedant *cough* ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Any new story in the wild west would be best a new one, with new characters, just like Red Dead Revolver vs Red Dead Redemption.
    Besides, I think the Marstons deserve a rest, don't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Any new story in the wild west would be best a new one, with new characters, just like Red Dead Revolver vs Red Dead Redemption.
    Besides, I think the Marstons deserve a rest, don't you?

I saw a 'western' movie based in Argentina once. Some awesome scenes there. It could be a change of pace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A Bully game with a city to explore, given the scale is different with the vehicle selection being made up of skateboards and bikes, multiple schools, maybe colleges, hospitals, theatres, cop shops, could be a dense explorable city.
    Like the jump from School Daze to Back 2 School on the Speccy.

Wouldn't that just turn it into GTA without the cars? And if it's a whole city then there will be cars, so why couldn't you drive them? A whole sprawling college campus would be cool. Bet its Red Dead though.

Radiosonde wrote: »
    Wouldn't that just turn it into GTA without the cars? And if it's a whole city then there will be cars, so why couldn't you drive them? A whole sprawling college campus would be cool. Bet its Red Dead though.

Well, I'm not really thinking of a large metropolis like Liberty City, they could generate a more parochial setting, low rise, suburbs, think of small town America.
    Plenty of scope for mini games, races, recreating Goonies treasure hunts, ET style bmx rides and chases.
    Could be a real blast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Would love another State of Emergency or The Warriors, both excellent games. But, it will be Bully 2 (or Canis Canem Edit 2) I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

what was the reason for the name change?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Bully sequel with Jimmy going to university could be interesting. Scope for a bigger "school" and small town close by - think Hogwarts and Hogsmeade :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Nope. It would be Red Dead 3. I said Red Dead Redemption 2.

You said RDR 2, and both games have the same initials; revolver and redemption.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

GTA VI ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Would love another State of Emergency or The Warriors, both excellent games. But, it will be Bully 2 (or Canis Canem Edit 2) I suspect.
    That would be cool. Wasn't gone on Bully tbh.
    Wossack wrote: »
    GTA VI ?
    Could be like BOGT or TLAD but for the next gen only?

But I guess it's all pure speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter....you heard it hear first :P

No doubt it will be a really cool original Title where a player has to perform a number of Repeated missions in a large City/Town area, Possibly in a 3rd Person perspective. With various things that the user can steal such as cars and bikes and maybe even Horses !! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

what was the reason for the name change?

If you mean "Bully" to "Canis Canem Edit" it's because at the time of the build up to release the Daily Mail was on one of it's periodic anti-bullying Jihads so when the makers of a world-famous murder simulator talked about releasing a game called Bully they went bananas. The simple solution was to change the name of the game to the motto of the school (Dog eat dog in latin, I think) which did not contain any red-flag words, rendering it entirely invisible to journalists.

It came out on the Wii as Bully. That same week, the number of wedgies and nipple cripples reported to A&E in London south-west alone went up 400% so in fairness the Daily Mail had a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

No doubt it will be a really cool original Title where a player has to perform a number of Repeated missions in a large City/Town area, Possibly in a 3rd Person perspective. With various things that the user can steal such as cars and bikes and maybe even Horses !! :pac:

Last time we thought that we got a Table Tennis game (and a damn good one at that) :pac:

X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter....you heard it hear first :P
    :

I was genuinely thinking it would be cool if they did a Star Wars game. They don't say who owns the 'famous IP', so it could be anything... Rockstarwars

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

erkifino wrote: »
    I was genuinely thinking it would be cool if they did a Star Wars game. They don't say who owns the 'famous IP', so it could be anything...

EA own the Star Wars IP for video games so definitely not that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Last time we thought that we got a Table Tennis game (and a damn good one at that) :pac:

I stole all the ping pong balls!

🤪

EA own the Star Wars IP for video games so definitely not that :pac:
    Sabre0001 wrote: »
    balls!
    what he said...

Advertisement