Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Actifry & AirFryer Thread - Merged

Options
1525354555658»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Sounds like you’re enjoying your cooking experiences. If I didn’t have decent ovens and cooking pots etc and if I had a lot of mouths to feed I’d probably go down that road too but I just think it would gather dust after the initial use.

From experience I’ve found that if I hesitate at all on a purchase (which I’ve done on air fryers for a long time now) it’s a big sign that I likely don’t need the item- I’m eventually stating to listen to myself 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Yes cooking for myself , do i need this ? do i.

Do need to change things up for the cold weather when food is needed to heat you up as a sambo wont cut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

By goto is a hot wok curry done in 15 mins including rice 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Bought the Tower Dual from Lidl at the weekend for €129 after I dropped my salter one off the counter :(

I like it, strangely its got the buttons on the top of the unit and what I like most is it has actually buttons, not touch buttons

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Apologies for replying to my own post but was looking at the posts here and while this https://amzn.eu/d/bqtEYrf

(The 10 lt 2 drawer) looks great it’s still twice the price of the Uton and actually not available now on Amazon now anyway.

Just wondering what ye think is the issue with this. It will do a roast and veg. with dripping tray which drawer AFs don’t.

I still haven’t made my mind up.

Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Ronanc1

Currently have an Instant Vortex dual basket model, brand new in box on Adverts if anyone is in the market for an Airfryer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Just discovered a four part series on Channel 5 called:

Air Fryers: Batch cooking made easy. Looks like pretty adventurous recipes from what I've seen, stuff I would never have thought you could cook in an air fryer.

You need a British VPN to access it on the channel 5 site.

https://www.itn.co.uk/media-centre/air-fryers-made-easy-new-fourpart-cookery-series-sharing-recipes-and-tips

https://www.channel5.com/air-fryers-made-easy/season-1/episode-2

Post edited by Doge on

• Registered Users Posts: 20,498 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Jamie Oliver has 2 one hour programmes on Channel 4. 8 pm to 9 April 15 and 22. It is sponsored by Tefal, and he is using Tefal Air Fryers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

I finally got off the fence and got an air fryer!

I got a 9 litre Salter from Dunnes and it's great, I'm just sorry I didn't get one sooner.

The deciding factor for me was the fact my Oven / Grill is about 18 years old and electric so it's a real energy guzzler.

I can't get over how moist chicken breasts are from it and the air fryer is a game changer for Pork Fillets.

I could never have justified turning the oven on for a few chicken breasts.

Even the part baked baguettes are divine from it - I'm in love 😍

I think if you're sitting on the fence definitely get one as apart from the energy economics, most food is nicer from it.

Advertisement