Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Actifry & AirFryer Thread - Merged

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

same, cancelled mine, dunno why though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭dodzy

newwan wrote: »
    Feckers cancelled it

It was obviously a major misprice @ 30quid. I'd say they cancelled all purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

dodzy wrote: »
    It was obviously a major misprice @ 30quid. I'd say they cancelled all purchases.

It was also not amazon themselves who would be more likely to honour a misprice

Dispatched from and sold by Gifts For You UK - VAT Reg. (DISC & SALES, WITH EXPED DELIV)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Tefal Actifryer 'Family' given up the ghost...
    Had it for over a year so out of warrenty, gets to about 15mins then stops with "Err" message..
    So looked online and it appears that it's a common problem!
    Anyone any suggestions for a fix solution or should I just bin it and start again?

You are aware that the 1 year 'manufacturers warranty' is nonsense, right?

Irish law allows you upto 6 years to claim against a retailer and get a repair/replacement/refund as long as the damage or fault wasn't caused by you.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,116 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Irish law allows you upto 6 years to claim against a retailer and get a repair/replacement/refund as long as the damage or fault wasn't caused by you.

And was a manufacturing fault. That is rather harder to prove.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Benzino wrote: »
    Lidl chicken wings are also great with the airfryer.

Tried these on Tuesday

Absolutely great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

L1011 wrote: »

Retailer has to prove it wasn't a manufacturing fault AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,116 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Retailer has to prove it wasn't a manufacturing fault AFAIK.

Burden of proof is extremely weak. On something which can be damaged by misuse it's usually assumed it was

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Got the Digital Airfryer for 129 euro in currys today, sweet potato and regular fries came out perfect and all done in 8 minutes for skinny fries and 12 for the thicker ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Easy Rider wrote: »
    Got the Digital Airfryer for 129 euro in currys today, sweet potato and regular fries came out perfect and all done in 8 minutes for skinny fries and 12 for the thicker ones.

From frozen or raw ?
    Mine take 18 minutes on 160 and 12 on 180
    They are the nuts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

Easy Rider wrote: »

Does it come with the double layer tray for extra space ?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Could I ask what's the correct temp for chicken wings? I'm reading various suggestions from 10 mins @ 160 + 10 mins @ 180, to 26-28 mins @180.

Thanks,
    Conor

• Registered Users Posts: 17,898 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I do them @ 180 until they look done then I crank it up to max for a few minutes to crisp the tips, dont have exact measurements sorry, about 20-25 minutes usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Thargor wrote: »
    I do them @ 180 until they look done then I crank it up to max for a few minutes to crisp the tips, dont have exact measurements sorry, about 20-25 minutes usually.

Thanks Thargor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

L1011 wrote: »

Thans for the replies guys, just to add.. I doubt I can locate the receipt as I usually throw out after 2 years (warrenty was for 1 yr)..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Picked up a digital philips airfryer in currys last weekend for €129

Has anyone ever done a roast beef joint in the air fryer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I'm thinking of getting one of these. How does the likes of freshly battered fish work in these?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting one of these. How does the likes of freshly battered fish work in these?

I doubt you could cook freshly battered fish in an Airfryer because it would stick to the basket.

I doubt you could cook freshly battered fish in an Airfryer because it would stick to the basket.

That's what I thought. I did a search in this thread for "battered" and people were saying it worked but I think that's pre battered fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Kat1170

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    That's what I thought. I did a search in this thread for "battered" and people were saying it worked but I think that's pre battered fish.

Prebattered yes, wet batter no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,898 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Wet batter is fine, I do it all the time, if it's particularly wet as in it would all drip through the basket just make a little tinfoil holder for it until it firms up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Roast beef joint....anyone?

Thargor wrote: »
    Wet batter is fine, I do it all the time, if it's particularly wet as in it would all drip through the basket just make a little tinfoil holder for it until it firms up.

Well, that's good to hear! I pretty much only use my fryer at home for making tempura prawns and other battered meat.

Can I ask which fryer you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

FYI the airfryer with the manual dial is £99 quid (50% off) on amazon at the moment, plus delivery is free.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HD9220-20-Healthier-Airfryer/dp/B0042EU3A2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468842794&sr=8-1&keywords=airfryer

I got mine (digital timer version) about 2 years ago and its one of my best ever buys, it gets used pretty much every single day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

B0jangles wrote: »
    FYI the airfryer with the manual dial is £99 quid (50% off) on amazon at the moment, plus delivery is free.
    IT often dips cheaper than that. You can see history on camelcamelcamel. You can also enter a value and if it drops below that they (camelx3) send you an email.

It was at £84 twice in the last few weeks.

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Philips-HD9220-20-Healthier-Airfryer/product/B0042EU3A2

I got the digital one in currys for €129
    Best gadget I ever got for the kitchen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭dodzy

Airfryet? ;)
    Link fixed
    http://www.currys.ie/Mobile/action/searchsite/airfryer

So good, I had to buy the XL too. Oven now redundant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Masala

Do Curry's ever stock the 'manual' dial version??

Anyone see an Irish price on same????

• Advertisement

Masala wrote: »
    Do Curry's ever stock the 'manual' dial version??

Anyone see an Irish price on same????

Why do you want a manual over digital ?

Advertisement