Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I never ever (Games edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I never played any Call of Duty
    I never played any Mario
    I never played a Metal Gear game
    I never owned a handheld (or even a console until this June)
    I never played an Eldar Scrolls game
    I never finished MYST
    I never played ANY Grand Theft Auto game without using cheats.
    I never understood why everyone loves Kingdom Hearts (does that count?)
    Never played Fifa, even when I got two of them for free. they just sit there, glaring at me.
    I never finished Mass Effect 3 and *not* gone with the Destroy ending

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

according to Steam I have never played more than 0.3 hours of Half Life 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I never played any Call of Duty
    I never played any Mario
    I never played a Metal Gear game
    I never owned a handheld (or even a console until this June)
    I never played an Eldar Scrolls game
    I never finished MYST
    I never played ANY Grand Theft Auto game without using cheats.
    I never understood why everyone loves Kingdom Hearts (does that count?)
    Never played Fifa, even when I got two of them for free. they just sit there, glaring at me.
    I never finished Mass Effect 3 and *not* gone with the Destroy ending

Rectify that, some of the finest games you'll ever play. Mario Galaxy 2 is worth owning a Wii for.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

cloud493 wrote: »
    Here's a fun little thing for us to try, I never ever Games edition. I'l start
    I never ever

Bought anything off or used steam
    Played WOW or any MMO
    Finished a final fantasy game

Paid full retail price for any digital download game.
    Played a 2D Castlevania
    Those. Never even played a Final Fantasy game, nevermind finish one.
    Gbear wrote: »
    I've never played any COD or Battlefield game.
    Never played Battlefield either but I watch all the Battlefield Friends and Battleloggers videos on Youtube, which is a bit strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

krudler wrote: »
    Rectify that, some of the finest games you'll ever play. Mario Galaxy 2 is worth owning a Wii for.

I never played a Wii or a WiiU. Might get one eventually just to play the Wii games aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've never played a Final Fantasy game or any of the Metroid games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

krudler wrote: »

I don't have anything against it, I just never bothered. I'm Planning to get a Wii soon enough now that they're fairly cheap so we'll see.

to add another one... I never killed any of the little sisters in Bioshock, ever.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I never had sexual relations with a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I never had sexual relations with a console.

Liar with your name I say you blew a few nes cartridges in your time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Owned a Nintendo console
    Played a Zelda game
    Played a Final Fantasy game
    Played an MMO (for more than 2 minutes)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

I cannot believe that no-one has said this (or am I the only one????)

I never ever READ THE MANUAL

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

lazlo wrote: »

When I was a kid I did it while going home in the car with my new game.

These days, handy having it for games when can't remember certain combos or when the onscreen icons don;t have clear explanations. Plus, doubles as toilet reading. :)

perhaps for Street Fighter only. Otherwise I prefer to blunder around and find my feet in almost any game (or rebind the keys ;) )

I think I always felt that the manual spoiled some of the magic of the game..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

lazlo wrote: »

You've never spent the bus journey home reading the manual to kill time before you get to play it? Used to love doing it, when the manuals and pc game boxes were huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I got screwed over with manuals/boxes before !

I remember renting MGS when it first came out, I couldn't get out of the base because the CODEC code was on the back of the case. Chartbusters obviously didn't give you the original case....
    I was stuck for 2 days thinking I'd missed something until I bought the game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Never bought anything on Steam (yet)
    Never played FF
    Never paid €60 or more for a game bar once (latest GOW)
    Never played Zelda
    Never bought new PC
    Never felt sorry once about mowing down thousands of people in GTA, part of the game surely :)

Cool_CM wrote: »
    You've never spent the bus journey home reading the manual to kill time before you get to play it? Used to love doing it, when the manuals and pc game boxes were huge.

I'm a bogger. I used to get everything by mail-order, particularly as I was a bogger Mac gamer.

And yes the old cardboard boxes for PC/Mac games were awesome.

But even when I got my NES/Snes & PS the traditions were upheld.

It probably explains a lot about me all things considered :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

There was nothing better back in the day than getting a game, and getting a proper thick manual. Even for a real short or crap games, still got a proper manual. Not these days though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭Penn

- Played any games on Steam or PC in general
    - Played more than about 3 hours of any Fallout/Elder Scrolls RPG before giving up and trading it in
    - Played Half Life 2 despite owning The Orange Box 4 different times. Only played TF2 and Portal
    - Played Halo
    -Owned any Nintendo console. Not even a GameBoy. Forgot, I did have a DS.
    - Owned an Atari or C64 or anything.
    - Finished a Resident Evil game despite owning 2, 4 & 5
    - Played The Sims or pretty much any variation of it (Unless Theme Hospital counts)

There was nothing better back in the day than getting a game, and getting a proper thick manual. Even for a real short or crap games, still got a proper manual. Not these days though :(

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade came with an actual Grail Diary thing that was about 90 pages long, looked like it was handwritten and had coffee-rings litttered throughout it. Now that I did read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

...and to play the game you'd have to enter a password along the lines of...what is the 3rd word on the 2nd line of the 5th paragraph on pg 54...i remember having photocopies of manuals from mates so we could share games...and that was when photocopiers were the at the cutting edge of tech:D

Never:
    - use all my grenades because I'm afraid I'll have none when I need them (mainly in Halo)
    - can manage to pick anything other that a Warrior/Tank class until at least the 3rd/4th playthrough
    - convince the wife that it's not weird to be sitting in the living room with my headset talking to strangers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

GK1001 wrote: »
    - convince the wife that it's not weird to be sitting in the living room with my headset talking to strangers

They really don't understand when you've a few cans with your clan/guild/outfit and you call it "having a few drinks with the lads".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I never ever played a civ game and left a civilisation with 1 city and have fortified units surrounding it in concentric circles so I could finish the tech trees, before taking everyone out.

Nintendo always did nice manuals, especially for the Mario games. the Megadrive ones were rubbish though, black and white and the English translation was one one side of the page.

speaking of manuals, I've never bought a new game or console and not sniffed the manual, it's part of the ritual :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Champion Manager 3 had a mighty manual iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

GK1001 wrote: »
    ...and to play the game you'd have to enter a password along the lines of...what is the 3rd word on the 2nd line of the 5th paragraph on pg 54...i remember having photocopies of manuals from mates so we could share games...and that was when photocopiers were the at the cutting edge of tech:D

Was it Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the Sega Megadrive that had a passcode book with hundreds of passwords and it asked you to find one and enter it to play the game?

What horsesh1t!

Nintendo used to do great manuals. Now all you get are these crap paper fold out things with basic instructions on them :mad:

Was it Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the Sega Megadrive that had a passcode book with hundreds of passwords and it asked you to find one and enter it to play the game?

What horsesh1t!

I had that on the Amstrad version, these stupidly convoluted codes, or a wheel that you had to align things to get another password.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Nintendo used to do great manuals. Now all you get are these crap paper fold out things with basic instructions on them :mad:

But those fold out manuals still have more effort put into them than a game from say EA.

• Advertisement

Doesn't make them any less inferior :o

Advertisement