Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just one more go...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The first step is admitting we have a problem. :)

The next is not to look at it as a problem. :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Civ 5 for me has resulted in many's the daft o'clock nights as do the Grand Theft Auto games (just last night GTA V made 8 hours disappear).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

Football manager!!

Civ getting a lot of shouts, I've never really played it... and probably shouldn't by the sounds of it! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Civ 5 for me too at the moment, getting flashbacks to Civ 2 many years ago. BF3 kept me going for the last year so this is ideal now until BF4 comes out in a couple of weeks.....save me jeebus from the dreaded "onemoreturn" disease. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

sarumite wrote: »
    Civ2 for me. It was 1996, I was supposed to be studying for my Leaving cert!!
    ''...Its now 2013, and I've become an old man, fileld with regret, waiting to die alone.'

I too am part of the late night FM club of regretful decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Agricola wrote: »
    GTAV is basically this for me at the moment.

Save the game.
    "Ok ill have one rampage and turn off when I die"
    Die 5 minutes later.
    "One more quick bash then I'll head off"
    Many hours later, turn off the console!

This describes my gaming at the moment. I SAY when I'm done, not the cops that shoot me down!

My other "just one more" was beating the Devil in Guitar Hero 3 on hard. I must've died 60+ times before finally beating that one song.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Currently FTL bloody thing has me addicted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Had civ v unplayed in my library. Decided to give it a go going on what people said here.......looks like it's true what ye all said, and that was only me playing the tutorial

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

GTA online ......I'm tired alot lately because this damn thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Kerbal Space Program, eats the hours like no other!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I lost a good week and a half of my life when Skyrim first came out I played it constantly for a month and then moved away from it for a few months, and then back again. I've played wasted some 400 hours of it.

Final Fantasy 7 still has this affect on me when I play it. I've lost months on it over the years. Remains one of my very favourite games.

Pax Emperia was another great one for stealing days from me. Oh what I'd give to see them update it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

At the moment am doing it a little bit with Zynga poker on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Football and championship manager back in the day. Ah sure it's only 10 o'clock on a Friday night, I'll play one more match...... What??? It's 7am Monday, how the hell did that happen?

It was a curse because I always said that if I was on a run of wins I didn't want to break that but if I lost a match then I wanted to ensure I won before saving and turning it off.

And the new one is out in 2 weeks :(

I'm the exact same with that game, no matter what I tell myself, I only ever want to win in the game, if I lose, I'l keep playing more matchs until I am on a winning streak, never ends :pac: its a bad addiction

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

Trials HD and Trials Evolution.. it's the devious little instant restart function

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Football Manager for me, there was so many reasons I would keep playing it.
    The chance of getting a job cause another team were in trouble.
    Oh Ill keep playing till Im knocked out of europe.
    World Cup got me everytime
    So many times I turned on a movie to watch when I was supposed to be saving it only to look up and movie be on end credits :o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Dota 2. Even if I lose 5 games in a row and lose the plot for someone feeding on a lane, I'll keep playing some more until I'm a happy bunny again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

rayman legends those short 30second timed levels jesus i spent about 3 hours on the final one trying to collect all 3 of those little ba"""ards lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Dota 2. Even if I lose 5 games in a row and lose the plot for someone feeding on a lane, I'll keep playing some more until I'm a happy bunny again.
    And then it's "Great win there! I'm obviously in the zone, might as well play another!"

For me it was Star Wars: Supremacy. "I'll just play until this Star Destroyer is finished building. That's only 5 more days. Oh ****, I'm being bombarded by the Rebels on Balmorra, better fight them off. Oh, that Star Destroyer finished building 10 days ago? Well...this Tie Fighter Squad is nearly finished, might as well wait for them".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Peggle has gripped me again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Final fantasy 8. It was my first ever final fantasy, I was amazed with the game. I actually started to suffer halucinations due to not sleeping, I opened the fridge and birds started singing. It is still by far my favourite game of all time so much so that I have the griever symbol inked on me and it's not small.

I'd say over 2500 hours on it in the last 15 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I resubed EVE Online last night. I think my "one more go" just got worse.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,102 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I resubed EVE Online last night. I think my "one more go" just got worse.

One month go.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

One month go.

Did you too lol? I havent played for months. I feel like pure noob again. ( I wasnt very good to begin with lol )

Advertisement