Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

SaifUllah wrote: »
    Disgraceful,
    Offensive and just not funny.

Post reported for Islamaphobia and bigotry, how DARE you !!!

Shame on you!!!

Post report for being off topic :pac:

Anyway, seeing as were getting a bit off-topic, here's Frankie Boyle on Tommy Robinson. In my defence there is a mention of the Koran in there

• Registered Users Posts: 25,411 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I think it's very funny and look forward to more like it!

Ah i just seen post count, not even worth it lol he won't be around long enough to reply:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Disgraceful,
    Offensive and just not funny.

Post reported for Islamaphobia and bigotry, how DARE you !!!

Shame on you!!!

I think this settles the "South Ulster" versus "Sword of Allah" debate.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Disgraceful, Offensive and just not funny. Post reported for Islamaphobia and bigotry, how DARE you !!! Shame on you!!!
    475084.gif

If you don’t like jokes which poke fun at religion, then don’t visit the joke thread in an online forum for atheists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 SaifUllah

I think it's very funny and look forward to more like it!

I also think you're trolling given that you complain about Islamophobia yet thanked smacl's post above which has Mo's image!

The joke was more on Jesus there, so I let it slide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,168 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

LOL. how very big of you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

So depictions of the Prophet are uncontroversial or even permissible when being used to poke fun at other religions? Is this from one of the more obscure Hadith..?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭Worztron

475464.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

robindch wrote: »
    475084.gif

If you don’t like jokes which poke fun at religion, then don’t visit the joke thread in an online forum for atheists.

Give that kid some smelling salts

• Registered Users Posts: 33,984 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Manchester United deny rumours of Saudi takeover bid

475554.PNG

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement

475628.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

54409144_758154764578992_8690821793235075072_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=92155e99a4692f1324de5b4b7ab1f4f9&oe=5D114716

476191.jpg

476301.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

476536.jpg

2012-11-14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,999 ✭✭✭Odhinn

SENATOR Ronan Mullen is to undergo a controversial new form of ‘conversion therapy’ which claims it can turn even the bellest of bell ends into a compassionate, reasonable human being. “The process is evidence based, which should appeal to the Senator’s love of tangible things that he can see and feel and agree with, ” said one of the counsellors at the Galway based de-twattification centre which Mullen will attend for three weeks.

“There’s this notion that pricks were ‘born that way’ when in actual fact, it’s a lifestyle choice – Ronan just needs to choose a different path.
    “Granted, he’ll have to live with a deeply buried hatred for himself, but something tells us he’s had plenty of practice with that”.
    http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2019/03/29/ronan-mullen-to-undergo-twat-conversion-therapy/?fbclid=IwAR3QveCLuCd1l34r6hJ8KFH21GDxFYLWRqwg_eoDK_rYoIOV_zBBjDokiTM

476601.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

b023bee723b58390fe631a6b93a8b53c.jpeg

papiez-ekstremista.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Mum's plea for girls to ditch leggings sparks protests

A letter written by a mother concerned by the number of women wearing leggings on a university campus in Indiana has sparked backlash and protests.

"I'm just a Catholic mother of four sons with a problem that only girls can solve: leggings," Maryann White wrote in a letter published in the student newspaper.

Ms White explained that the sight of leggings "obtruded painfully" on her during a visit with her four sons, and made it "difficult for young guys to ignore" women's bodies.

continues https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47738053

Would have thought the solution here is to have those sons' eyes plucked out - according to their manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,999 ✭✭✭Odhinn

tricky D wrote: »

Mum's plea for girls to ditch leggings sparks protests

A letter written by a mother concerned by the number of women wearing leggings on a university campus in Indiana has sparked backlash and protests.

"I'm just a Catholic mother of four sons with a problem that only girls can solve: leggings," Maryann White wrote in a letter published in the student newspaper.

Ms White explained that the sight of leggings "obtruded painfully" on her during a visit with her four sons, and made it "difficult for young guys to ignore" women's bodies.

continues https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47738053

Would have thought the solution here is to have those sons' eyes plucked out - according to their manual.

She may be a modern thinker - probably start putting repressive drugs in their food so they're less prone to 'temptation'.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Although Jesus was a Carpenter, he never sang on any of the albums.....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,984 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

he fasted for forty days and forty nights, so he'd fit right in.

Life ain't always empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

55790106-1240024796151206-2881078441707307008-n.jpg

I am so going to do this literally every public toilet I go into now. I am off to buy markers :)

51615228_2078607505764508_2318697412538925056_n.png?_nc_cat=1&_nc_oc=AQktOb0fCs0wb8b-gN82iCGkBTHrN957SD_x8H16Vgno3TUR4_SjagPbNBgWYIOBiUM&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-1.fna&oh=1e2e5b9a6ee7229cac71424233f6b074&oe=5CF677C9

476888.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,084 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Steroids, no question. I'd give him a wide berth.

• Advertisement

^ You can almost hear him screaming "Im Thor dammit, I was just here to deliver a hammer, you're meant to nail the skimpy underfed hippy guy over there!"

Advertisement