Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sam Bennett - no same day spoilers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Looks like Sam is doing well for himself, has he just got a Lamborghini Aventador?

https://twitter.com/Sammmy_Be/status/872142507706109956

https://twitter.com/ButlerP73/status/872141525161046019

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,448 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

He named it after me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Ah here, that's obscene. I mean, where's the bike rack :pac:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,448 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Ah here, that's obscene. I mean, where's the bike rack :pac:

You mean that thing on the back is not a specially designed Saris variant?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Sam has won Stage 1 of the Tour de Slovénie (2.1).
    He beat Colbrelli, Mezgec, Ferrari and some old bloke called Cavendish.
    Highlights on Eurosport2 at 11.30pm tonight.
    "I must admit that today I didn’t expect stage victory. I'm still feeling tired from Giro and I'm surprised over this amazing result. After the crash in that last corner positions changed somewhat and I saw my opportunity for a victory and I took it. Thanks to my team I did it!"

Sam gets to wear the green leader's jersey during Stage 2, which is also expected to finish in a bunch sprint.

• Advertisement

Another win for sam in Slovenia great few days for him and the team love how his lead out men always celebrate as he cross the line

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭connachta

too bad he misses tour de france, hope he'll made la vuelta de espana

connachta wrote: »

Yeah hopefully he'll make the Vuelta squad, although looking at the stage profiles, only about 4 will end in a big bunch sprint. So there won't be many opportunities for Sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Sam is doing some job for the Country's Ranking re a bigger Worlds Team. Higher than usual at this stage thanks to his results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Sam is doing some job for the Country's Ranking re a bigger Worlds Team. Higher than usual at this stage thanks to his results.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

connachta wrote: »

I think he said after the Giro that he wasnt doing the Tour to be ready for Spain. Can't find the interview now.

Given his results how would he rank between him, dan and Nico?

Would it be Dan, Sam, Nico based on results?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

2017 UCI Ranking Points

Dan Martin - 2542
    Sam Bennett - 546
    Nico Roche - 511

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Sh1t camera work right at the end of the race. Disgraceful. What's the Slovenian equivalent of the Indo so I can write a letter of dismay.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Inquitus wrote: »
    2017 UCI Ranking Points

Dan Martin - 2542
    Sam Bennett - 546
    Nico Roche - 511

Not updated with latest results yet, should be tomorrow though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Inquitus wrote: »
    2017 UCI Ranking Points

Dan Martin - 2542
    Sam Bennett - 546
    Nico Roche - 511

Is that this year or career?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

godtabh wrote: »
    Is that this year or career?

Calendar year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

http://www.uci.ch/road/ranking/

U.C.I. Road rankings

Highlights of today's stage on Eurosport 1 now. 40km to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Eamonnator wrote: »
    http://www.uci.ch/road/ranking/

U.C.I. Road rankings

Interesting reading the Individual rankings. Didn't expect to see Dan so high up. To pick one other, surprising to see Diego Ulissi 15th - 2 ahead of Kwiatkowski.

pelevin wrote: »
    Interesting reading the Individual rankings. Didn't expect to see Dan so high up. To pick one other, surprising to see Diego Ulissi 15th - 2 ahead of Kwiatkowski.

Ulissi is ranked so high because he picked up a bucket load of UCI points for finishing 5th in the Tour Down Under GC and winning the 1.1 ranked G.P. Costa degli Etruschi one-day race (against a bunch of amateurs... okay slight exaggeration but opposition was weak).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

How much bike would Sam or the other WT guys sit on ? I'm sure my car is worth less :D

How much bike would Sam or the other WT guys sit on ? I'm sure my car is worth less :D

Guts of €10k but many items bespoke so in many ways invaluable

RobFowl wrote: »
    Guts of €10k but many items bespoke so in many ways invaluable

In this case its more about the replacement frame/lack of bike. He is getting a lot of offers for lends on twitter.

godtabh wrote: »
    In this case its more about the replacement frame/lack of bike. He is getting a lot of offers for lends on twitter.

Don't think Sam was ever at risk of not having a bike ;)

I could only imagine what he would turn up in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭happytramp

Just saw Sam's Giro nemesis Gaviria is recovering from surgery and won't be riding the Vuelta. Anyone know if Sam plans on doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

happytramp wrote: »
    Just saw Sam's Giro nemesis Gaviria is recovering from surgery and won't be riding the Vuelta. Anyone know if Sam plans on doing it?

Sagan will surely do it now

happytramp wrote: »

Sagan will surely do it now
    Sagan supposedly concentrating on Worlds now and is not planning to do Vuelta.

• Advertisement

Think he may have been a few years ago when he was close to jacking it all in;);)

Advertisement