Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple shooting in stoneybatter

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I worked there once , was the most boring place ever.
    Myself and my mate told the security company never to send us there again cos they wanted two doormen but had two doors which was boring with my mate at the side door but kinda unsafe too.

mid 2000's that was.

We probably worked for the same crowd so.

We'd just to cover the stairs, and stand inside the doors ~ very strange set up.

We may have crossed paths but I didn't stick around very long, I detested working there.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Hootanany wrote: »
    Yep a big kip you would be surprised by who owns it?:cool:

Who owns it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Been in there a few times.

Awful stuff when you cant go out for a drink without being shot at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/1013/480059-dublin-shooting/

4 injured, it doesn't look to good for th chap shot in the head.
    Wasn't Stoneybatter btw

Out of curiosity where would you call that area apart from the NCR or Stoneybatter (its not that Stoneybatter has been gradually yuppifying in the last few years is it while that end hasn;t ;) )

Funny how I don't think there would be as many jokes as if this happened outside L.Mulligans!

Out of curiosity where would you call that area apart from the NCR or Stoneybatter (its not that Stoneybatter has been gradually yuppifying in the last few years is it while that end hasn;t ;) )

Funny how I don't think there would be as many jokes as if this happened outside L.Mulligans!

Id call it phibsboro.

But then, im ****e at geography.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

The Pub is on the corner of the NCR and Old Cabra Road, you would need to go down Prussia Street and Manor Street before you would reach Stoneybatter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Who owns it?

Think broad sheets and it hasn't got Times in it:cool: the family used to own the paper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

its not stoneybatter nor phibsborough,that general area is called the cattle market

its not stoneybatter nor phibsborough,that general area is called the cattle market
    The cattle market is where Drumintee is, that's across the road from Hanlons.
    The General area is called Hanlons Corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Will the headline be slaughter at cattle market ?

........ I'll get my coat.

• Advertisement

Will the headline be slaughter at cattle market ?

........ I'll get my coat.

Let me open the door for you:D

It's actually at the end of going on the Batter ,start at Ryan's of Queen St and drink in every pub you pass up Manor st Prussia st and end at Hanlons Corner
    I think it's about 13 pubs so hence going on the Batter.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

That pubs is a cesspit of scum, one of the worse doors I've worked.. Funny enough it wasn't because there was much trouble, but because of the animals who drank there ~ mostly the upstairs crowd.

I drank there regularly enough when I lived on the north circular around 2003. Didn't seem particularly rough back then...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭SeanW

So essentially what you are saying is "its a pity they survived and the gunman should have shot more of them" , that's lovely, really nice.
    I'm reasonably certain he didn't say that ...

I drank there regularly enough when I lived on the north circular around 2003. Didn't seem particularly rough back then...

It was a great pub then but was sold since hence the decline, I'm surprised their hasn't been a shooting sooner?

SeanW wrote: »
    I'm reasonably certain he didn't say that ...

I'm reasonably certain that it was thrust of his argument, pub is (in his words) "a cesspool of scum" , inferring all those who frequent it are scum, and therefore deserve to be shot.
    My daughter lives with her mum very close to that pub, I have been in it a few times including at a confirmation, never seen any trouble, pub is clean, toilets are clean, food is ok, staff friendly enough.
    Hardly a "cesspoll of scum".

I'm reasonably certain that it was thrust of his argument, pub is (in his words) "a cesspool of scum" , inferring all those who frequent it are scum, and therefore deserve to be shot.
    My daughter lives with her mum very close to that pub, I have been in it a few times including at a confirmation, never seen any trouble, pub is clean, toilets are clean, food is ok, staff friendly enough.
    Hardly a "cesspoll of scum".

Toilets clean are you joking they are the worst I have ever visited no extraction what so ever..if you get my drift.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Mulligan's is a nice pub with nice people drinking in it. Was in Hanlon's once, never again.

dan1895 wrote: »
    Mulligan's is a nice pub with nice people drinking in it. Was in Hanlon's once, never again.

Bit of a generalisation there for both pubs.

Just because they can wear a suit doesnt mean that there isnt a high percentage of scrotes in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Dublin forum please.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement