Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple shooting in stoneybatter

Options
  • 13-10-2013 4:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭

This is Taxi driver based information so take it with a pinch of salt.But.

There has been a multiple shooting outside the Hanlons Corner pub on the NCR/Stoneybatter. Apparently there was one fatality but the gun man also injured 4/5 other people leaving the bar.

Checked breakingnews.ie but no information on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Chain_reaction

I heard what I thought were fire works and then non stop sirens around half two!! Was wondering what was up.

Edit: Couldn't have been that amount of people if true, I only heard three bangs. Hoping it was fire works and not gun shots!! Pretty horrifying thing to happen so near if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭MonaPizza

I heard what I thought were fire works and then non stop sirens around half two!! Was wondering what was up.

Edit: Couldn't have been that amount of people if true, I only heard three bangs. Hoping it was fire works and not gun shots!! Pretty horrifying thing to happen so near if true.

In STONYBATTER???

That's hardly a hotbed of gangland thuggery.

Seriously?

Of course....if what you're saying is true it could be anything but gangland thuggery and could happen anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Glasgow83

I live across the road from Hanlons corner and heard the shots.
    I heard about 7 or 8 shots well spaced between each other. I'm almost sure one person was killed I heard one of the pub goers crying into her phone whilst describing the condition of his head.

There was utter mayhem just after the shots the crowd outside were attacking cars that were passing by! Fire brigade were first on the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Just passed by Hanlons Corner and its all blocked off by the Guards, there is a pop-up tent so thats not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rodrob111

Heard 3 shot, one fella in the pub and 2 girls havin a smoke outside. Walked past at bout 3am so only got passer by info.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

No news of this on any online websites yet
    as of this post. What time did this happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Sounds horrific :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I knew it must have been something bad, the cars I saw were skidding all over the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Lux23 wrote: »
    I knew it must have been something bad, the cars I saw were skidding all over the road.

What cars as in cop cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Zambia wrote: »
    What cars as in cop cars?

Yep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

It's like a bunch of oul ones here all drunk and gossiping! Anyone have a link yet?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

It's like a bunch of oul ones here all drunk and gossiping! Anyone have a link yet?!

Your time it's only half six so it may take a bit on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Four wounded shortly after 2am at shooting incident outside Hanlons Corner according to RTE Radio News.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭magicman88

It's what happens when love hate comes back on tv ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/1013/480059-dublin-shooting/

4 injured, it doesn't look to good for th chap shot in the head.
    Wasn't Stoneybatter btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

More non-contributed huge amount of resources needed to treat multiple dysfunction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Chinasea wrote: »
    More non-contributed huge amount of resources needed to treat multiple dysfunction.

?

Is that meant to be a hiaku of some kind?

strobe wrote: »
    ?

Couldn't be, haiku's have at least some meaning.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Couldn't be, haiku's have at least some meaning.:rolleyes:

I speak a little daily telegraph so can translate:

The poster is lamenting the fact that people he assumes are either criminals and/or of a lower socio economic background are to be treated in a public hospital at the expense of those of us who contribute in taxes due to the violent ways of other criminals.

Of course he's wrong, it sounds like the three girls were just bystanders and we know nothing about the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

The poster is lamenting the fact that people he assumes are either criminals and/or of a lower socio economic background are to be treated in a public hospital at the expense of those of us who contribute in taxes due to the violent ways of other criminals.

Of course he's wrong, it sounds like the three girls were just bystanders and we know nothing about the man.

To be fair, being a bystander doesn't mean they aren't criminals and/or of a lower socio-economic background.

It doesn't mean they are either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

You must be Mystic Meg surely? I couldn't make head nor tail of that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

strobe wrote: »
    ?

I think they meant to say "“Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Irish Times has a short article about it now, more to come promptly I'd imagine: http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/four-shot-at-hanlon-s-corner-in-north-dublin-city-1.1559257

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Jiggers77

This is bad and after those men were killed in Derry and Belfast this week as well. It's looking like gun crime is still rife north and south of the boarder!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Lets pray that no cats were caught in the crossfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CarbonX

Four masked ducks were reportedly seen fleeing the scene, heading in the direction of St. Stephen's Green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Lets pray that no cats were caught in the crossfire.

And its only up the road from where that scene was shot too!.

That pubs is a cesspit of scum, one of the worse doors I've worked.. Funny enough it wasn't because there was much trouble, but because of the animals who drank there ~ mostly the upstairs crowd.

That pubs is a cesspit of scum, one of the worse doors I've worked.. Funny enough it wasn't because there was much trouble, but because of the animals who drank there ~ mostly the upstairs crowd.

So essentially what you are saying is "its a pity they survived and the gunman should have shot more of them" , that's lovely, really nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

I worked there once , was the most boring place ever.
    Myself and my mate told the security company never to send us there again cos they wanted two doormen but had two doors which was boring with my mate at the side door but kinda unsafe too.

mid 2000's that was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

So essentially what you are saying is "its a pity they survived and the gunman should have shot more of them" , that's lovely, really nice.

Are you for f*cking real?. Weird, very weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Yep a big kip you would be surprised by who owns it?:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement