Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best places for pike, perch, roach fishing dublin wicklow area

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Seller159 wrote: »
    Hi man. No i havent went yet i think ill be leaving it till november might be better?

Better off or at least till this weather calms the fuq down.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭bencarvosso

Hi man. No i havent went yet i think ill be leaving it till november might be better?

forgot it was closed in oct, my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Seller159

Better off or at least till this weather calms the fuq down.

Yeah thats the plan anyway. ill be of work then so be handyer for me to go then you know.

Il be up myself prob next week at some stage. There's a place up there that during the summer has little water but once the rain comes it fills up and odd time you'll see decent pike moving out of the reeds as I walk past so il be floating a roach and spinning one aswell up there.

will you be well let me know how you get on if you do go there:) id love to get some nice pike I have been dying to get some lol:)

• Advertisement

I'm hoping for big one meself.
    Don't mind being out in the Baltic weather if I'm catching decent fish.

yeah im the same ill sit out in the freezing cold all day once I am catching something then I wouldn't get to annoyed lol. but that's fishing some times you win and most times you lose ha ha.

yeah im the same ill sit out in the freezing cold all day once I am catching something then I wouldn't get to annoyed lol. but that's fishing some times you win and most times you lose ha ha.

The good thing about piking is I can have a rod out with pop up dead bait and then walk 60 yards each side of it spinning keeping myself warm
    Once I can hear me bite alarm I'm fine

yeah that's prob the best thing to do. id do that me self ill prob bring 3 rods lol two baits and one spinning rod so have something to keep me occupied lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

yeah that's prob the best thing to do. id do that me self ill prob bring 3 rods lol two baits and one spinning rod so have something to keep me occupied lol.

3 rods!!!! :eek:

I'm telling on you! :D

• Advertisement

ha ha yeah man my pike rod a bait rod and spinning rod lol have to keep my self busy and helps make the catching easyer much better that way lol:)

Can't remember but I think the rules for blessington is 2 rods per angler. Not entirely sure. But either way est to keep busy. Doubles your chances at catching something anyway.

is it really :( ah well two will have to be then lol two is fine anyway its plenty really its all you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Two rods is the max allowed for anglers in Ireland.

It could be argued that this is harsh on pikers. Many have a third rod for when things are quiet. You won't find too many who have a problem with this either. There are even reports of bailiffs turning a blind eye to it if the angler is clearly well prepared (good bite indication, unhooking mat, correct unhooking equipment) and the rods are not too far apart.

well iv no problem with two rods will do me just perfect :) its always handy to have an extra one there incase anything happens to one or evan just to fish with the two at same time so ur not fed up lol

Have ya gotten out yet mate?
    I was supposed to yesterday but house party on Friday night resulted in mess rugby and a tackle on wooden floor that resulted in me being on couch for weekend.
    Still not 100%

Advertisement