Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos:Sony 42inch Smart TV.Half price €488.99

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Invincible wrote: »
    Anyone get playback from HDD?
    When I connected it up, it just gave an option to record and wipe the drive. I tried a USB stick, no options for playback were available.

Yes I did it took a while

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

When I connected it up, it just gave an option to record and wipe the drive. I tried a USB stick, no options for playback were available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Can anyone recommend a swivel bracket suitable for this in a bricks and mortar store (Dublin)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Wizard wrote: »
    Got a link for the powercity coupon ?

Just print the page from Powercity's homepage.That's all you need.

Just noticed it's only valid until 6pm Saturday.

s8n wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a swivel bracket suitable for this in a bricks and mortar store (Dublin)

From looking on AV forums, standard VESA brackets won't suit this set without modification. A poster on that forum has a piece of 3/4 mdf (ply would be better), bolted to a cantilever bracket and the bracket that's included with tv, bolted to the board, it acts as a wall surface. On phone, can't link, its on page 48 of Sony W6 owners thread.http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1776014-sony-w6-owners-thread-48.html Post No. 1433

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

42inch too big for me how does this tele rate toward the sony feature wise any answers appreciated.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9158908.htm

That's a really good TV and the discounted price is reasonable.

The quoted full price is ridiculous though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Hi....when you plug in the hdd it gives you an option to record to it, click option NO

Then press the Home button on the controller and move right till you see the option for usb playback (its 4th or 5th option iirc after the hdmi input selector)

Job done.!

Hi....when you plug in the hdd it gives you an option to record to it, click option NO

Then press the Home button on the controller and move right till you see the option for usb playback (its 4th or 5th option iirc after the hdmi input selector)

Job done.!

Thank's for the info, will get to check out 1080p playback tonight :)

• Advertisement

Job done.!

Thank's for the info, will get to check out 1080p playback tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Your posts are pure Foghorn Leghorn!

Soarer wrote: »
    Your posts are pure Foghorn Leghorn!

Mine?
    Unofficial boards app creates multiple posts if you click on back button.

Mine?
    Unofficial boards app creates multiple posts if you click on back button.

Then maybe you'd be better off not using it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Has anyone discovered optimal settings for the sound?

I'm finding it hard to adjust to the sound compared to my ancient Panasonic CRT or can anyone suggest a good speaker that will compliment this tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭tosh999

Stuck satellite cable into slot but not picking up satellite channels - what am I doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Carrollman

Also have the same issue with regards the satellite tuner. Is it free view or free sat? Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Carrollman wrote: »
    Also have the same issue with regards the satellite tuner. Is it free view or free sat? Any help would be greatly appreciated

There's a option for cable - try that

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Shanegggg

Carrollman wrote: »

Got the Sat Tuner working today. Just plugged the cable out of the sky box and into the back of the TV.

I did change the LNB voltage from 13/18v to 14/19v. Also selected full scan and free channels only, it took about 20 minutes to scan and started to pick up channels around the 20% mark.

The only annoying thing is that the guide is only a now and next, unlike saorview which has around 7 days programming, making the recording feature useless :o

I did get BBC iplayer app installed though by connecting the TV to a UK VPN :cool:

Also just wanted to thank the OP for this alert, picture quality is amazing for the price paid!

"Shanegggg wrote: »

I did get BBC iplayer app installed though by connecting the TV to a UK VPN :cool:

Also just wanted to thank the OP for this alert, picture quality is amazing for the price paid!

Did you use a UK DNS server or how did you setup a vpn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

Yes do tell

Probably the proxy option in network settings, but do you pass credentials to it?
    I use tunnlr to get a few US apps like Netflix, but they appear automatically when I change my DNS to tunnlr.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Shanegggg wrote: »

No problem mate and I am delighted you all got a great TV for a great price.

I am loving mine and I think we all learned a little more about reserving stock on Argos,
    and dont be afraid to call the shop and get a heads up on deliveries etc and reserve even before they arrive
    :P

keep that part a secret ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Every time I read this thread, I regret giving away my voucher!

Soarer wrote: »
    Every time I read this thread, I regret giving away my voucher!

Every time I read this thread I regret not buying a second one!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Everytime I read this thread I think about taking it out of the box and plugging it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Shanegggg

I have a router set up with my UK VPN so all traffic going through that particular router gets the UK IP. I also selected Britain as my country when the TV was first switched on, then clicked on refresh internet content and the BBC Iplayer is there along with channel 5 and the lovefilm app.

You could try and change your routers DNS to the Tunlr one and see if that works. Tunlr isn't meant for regular traffic though.

Yeah I have a ****box UPC technicolour all in one modem router, so can't setup a vpn on it

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Moving into a new house nxt week havnt taken tv out of the box yet cause of it. Just wondering wil i be able to get the free view channels through a sky dish without a box on the tv. The dish was left behind by the last people who leaved there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

gotthebug wrote: »
    Moving into a new house nxt week havnt taken tv out of the box yet cause of it. Just wondering wil i be able to get the free view channels through a sky dish without a box on the tv. The dish was left behind by the last people who leaved there

as long as you have the cable yes- all the free to air satellite stations

Advertisement