Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klödi's Party Bus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

1383654636668.jpg
    The look on their faces.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,060 ✭✭✭buffalo

I've been trying to figure out how to look even less Euro on the bike than ever, and I think I've found it!

biking-high-heels-600x450.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭allez

There was a point i wanted to improve performance but i now realise its all fruitless, what i really wanna do is improve my image. Basically for a fred like myself there has been a few issues in this post that need answering.

At what point does lycra become too tight and too colourful?
    Is it wrong that sometimes i adopt a cycling position while in front of a mirror naked to analyse the definition in my legs and whether or not my stomach tucks in enough?
    Is it wrong to take selfies with my hand behind my head to show off my road rash scars?
    Is wham, duran duran and venga boys acceptable turbo training music?
    Is it ok to imagine yourself in the third person while cycling and wonder do i look pro enough?
    Are my fake 'Oakleys' yay or nay? will the guys at the cafe stop even really know?
    Net app endura cap with movistar jersey?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

allez wrote: »
    There was a point i wanted to improve performance but i now realise its all fruitless, what i really wanna do is improve my image. Basically for a fred like myself there has been a few issues in this post that need answering.

Is it wrong that sometimes i adopt a cycling position while in front of a mirror naked to analyse the definition in my legs and whether or not my stomach tucks in enough?
    Is it wrong to take selfies with my hand behind my head to show off my road rash scars?
    Is it ok to imagine yourself in the third person while cycling and wonder do i look pro enough?
    Are my fake 'Oakleys' yay or nay? will the guys at the cafe stop even really know?

What is this, a quiz?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

If you find yourself needing questions like this answered then there is no hope for you. Give up now and become a triathlete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

@allez... If you were doing it right, you wouldn't have to ask.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

If you have to ask then it already has.

No

No

No (ok for massage though, ask Nico), God No and Yes

No, if you have to think about looking Pro you just don't have it....

Nay and Yay

Rule #17
    Team kit is for members of the team.

@allez... If you were doing it right, you wouldn't have to ask.

Ive been doubting my ability and lost all self confidence since loosing 4 KOM's last week. Im not sure i can be a real cyclist, I just want to get onto the party bus and have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

lampre_thumb%5B4%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

If these are yours, then no:

Hincapie-Veins1.jpg

Selfies? We do nothing alone, except win.

tn_full_image2.jpg

No, yes and never.

Why? If you are confused, simply look more like this:

Eurocyclist+1.jpg

If they don't know, you don't want to know them.

n512967822_483056_5194.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Uh oh:
    The UCI has introduced a minor rule change that will prohibit riders from racing on footpaths, cycle paths and tracks during races.

Riders often jump off the road, cut across roundabouts and use the footpath to gain a slight advantage, especially in the Classics in northern Europe.

Feck that. It's part of bike racing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Uh oh:

Meh, I'll get over it. There have been some moments this season that were just a bit too hairy. It's the way all sports have to go.

Plus, there's also the fact that rules like these are generally enforced with a large amount of leniency. See drafting behind team cars.

Uh oh:

Was reading about that the other day, saw this great footage. Would've been avoidable if the spectators had been slightly more aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Meh, I'll get over it. There have been fairly hairy moments this season.

Plus, there's also the fact that rules like these are generally enforced with a large amount of leniency. See drafting behind team cars.

yeah had its hairy moments last season, they put barriers up in cobble sections to make them ride the cobbles, also dug trenches on side of cobble sections to stop them riding the smooth stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

It's political correctness gone mad. Hi-viz for the pro peloton will be the next thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

3rd time to wear my new lime top and the zip has broken. :(
    It's back to full euro pink for me.

3rd time to wear my new lime top and the zip has broken. :(
    It's back to full euro pink for me.

That's what you get for trying to fight it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Is there room on the bus for non-cycling sexiness?:

...okay, maybe sexiness is a stretch too far, let's just call it oddly impressive scantily clad antics.

doozerie wrote: »
    Is there room on the bus for non-cycling sexiness?:

...okay, maybe sexiness is a stretch too far, let's just call it oddly impressive scantily clad antics.

Lather him up in chamois cream and get him a back seat i'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

buffalo wrote: »
    Was reading about that the other day, saw this great footage. Would've been avoidable if the spectators had been slightly more aware.

In fairness he was cycling in the cycle lane. This could get messy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

In fairness he was cycling in the cycle lane. This could get messy.

It would also have been avoidable if it was Ireland as the cycle lane would be the one with all the trees in it, thus allowing the footpath to be further out.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

The only time I would even consider using an offroad cycle-lane is if I was racing and it offered me an opportunity to move up or take a shorter line. Now the UCI is saying that's not on.

BRING BACK MCQUAID!

It would also have been avoidable if it was Ireland as the cycle lane would be the one with all the trees in it, thus allowing the footpath to be further out.

Footpad. That is all.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Watched that last night, was not what I expected.

Also, I'm not in it. Huzzah!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

He included Laurent Fignon!!!!

Burn him.................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Fignon in the Castorama or Chateau Dax kit - that man had panache!!

Sort if disappointed that Mapei didn't make it. It's the fashion disasters in cycling that actually have the interesting kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

GCN is made of fail. I have never not regretted watching one of their asinine videos.

Fignon. Great bike rider but he never looked good.

The Mapei kit was always class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Fignon. Great bike rider but he never looked good.

I beg to differ.

tumblr_mtdr83Y0g21qbxnpgo1_400.jpg

Yes, he's on his way to losing the TDF, but he did it like fcuking rockstar. Double discs. Pony tail. 53.59kph avg. He was the last of his kind, the last professor of the old school, and that tour was the first casualty of the dorkification of cycling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

The Mapei kit was always class.

I hav a full kit down to the socks. If the jersey wasn't so fuppin big in my I would wear it at club league.
    I may just go Cadel style and wear it with the maglio rosa ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement