Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Boards cycle against cancer

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Love to be there but ain't gonna happen.
    There'll be crazy talk of mudguards next!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

There'll be crazy talk of mudguards next!

Have you mudguards?

anyway, I don't and it should not matter coz I'm going to be at back of the line just barely hanging on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

I have wheel brows on.

inc21 wrote: »
    Have you mudguards?

anyway, I don't and it should not matter coz I'm going to be at back of the line just barely hanging on :pac:

nope, no mud guards.
    We're in Ireland, we get wet and covered in sh1te, its what we do. Tis like Young Munster asking for the pitch to be hoovered before going on....

(I'll still be behind you, BTW)

nope, no mud guards.
    We're in Ireland, we get wet and covered in sh1te, its what we do. Tis like Young Munster asking for the pitch to be hoovered before going on....

(I'll still be behind you, BTW)

Let's not fight over last place :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Sunglasses, helmet and long johns and two tops is all that is need for the rain

Just hope we don't get what we got this weekend was up in killanery for the long weekend was hoping for a bit of the gap of donloe but the wind was to much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Went for a spin on the last bit of the route backwards to the windy gap. Surface is looking good even after all the rain. Only leaves on the ground when u climb up the windy gap from the south side. Made descending from the north very interesting

5 day forecast is looking better. We hope there will be small (and I do mean small) treats for those who attend.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Guys

One of the ways the Leinster ride gained a bit of momentum was through posters putting links up to the Boards thread on FB and Twitter - I am sure a few more turned up on the back of that (my own club ended up with a group of a dozen or more heading across town to join up, many of them not Boardsies), so if you haven't already done so ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Beasty wrote: »
    Guys

One of the ways the Leinster ride gained a bit of momentum was through posters putting links up to the Boards thread on FB and Twitter - I am sure a few more turned up on the back of that (my own club ended up with a group of a dozen or more heading across town to join up, many of them not Boardsies), so if you haven't already done so ...

Thanks for that, I facedbooked my local gym and cork county cycles, so hoping a few more should turn up,

I guess what we all could do is but a link up on our face book page and hope that people like it and their friends will see the like etc etc

• Advertisement

Its up on DeRonde's fb

That is great news.
    I know the majority of clubs in Cork have been contacted but the more it's mentioned the better so please, even if you can't make it yourself, do advertise it as every cyclist counts, every penny matters.
    Also if people know that a group is interested in participating please drop me a pm with rough numbers just so we know the an approximate size.

Remember this is a casual cycle, all are welcome. I'll be plodding around at the back so no one will be left behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Brendan Hennessy

Hi all,

Have informed my comrades in Midleton CTC. Might cycle in and do the shorter loop myself.

LPB, we've all been very moved by your situation and appreciate your honesty and your message. If I'm not mistaken you're based near the home of my first club Hibernia CC. Might have to dig out the jersey in your honour!

All the best,

Brendan

Forecast is improving all the time
    http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

I cycled the route yesterday, I gotta say it was nice, some beautiful views and scenery. Also some new potholes with all these thunder showers but all good.
    Took my time taking it all in. Nice mini stops in Crossbarry, Cloughduv and Dripsey, all about an hour and a climb apart.
    Nice and slow,
    Pressure is for tyres...

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

Forecast is improving all the time
    http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

I cycled the route yesterday, I gotta say it was nice, some beautiful views and scenery. Also some new potholes with all these thunder showers but all good.
    Took my time taking it all in. Nice mini stops in Crossbarry, Cloughduv and Dripsey, all about an hour and a climb apart.
    Nice and slow,
    Pressure is for tyres...

I did it Sunday last in the cold, wet and wind and still enjoyed it, so if the weather is any better than last Sunday, we're laughing!:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 Jimmy_Long

Weather looks good for Sunday i will more then likely join in.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/ie/cork/207697/hourly-weather-forecast/207697?hour=57

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

Just a quick note to let you know that I haven't forgotten about the Munster cycle while I still bask in the warm glow from last Sunday's cycle in the Dublin/Wicklow hills. As much as I would like to go and thank you guys personally as I was able to do last Sunday, my health won't permit it and I'm sure you understand that. However rest assured that the sentiments I expressed in my post on the Boards Cycle Against Cancer thread equally apply to your goodselves.

I hope the weather gods smile on Sunday and that you will have a tailwind for the day. Most of all I hope you enjoy yourselves and the company of others. From reading the various posts after the Dublin cycle, it seems that most people enjoyed the experience of putting a face (no matter how ugly:D) to a Board's name and having a chat and I'm sure it will be the same for you on Sunday.

Thanking you all

Mumha Abu

Padraig

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭twaimkit

Hi, im afraid im still off bike for long distances due to a tumble but would be more than happy to be an unofficial broom wagon for the morning and carry track pump, spare tubes. I'd be coming up from mallow so inc21 or anyone if you wanted a lift up with bike to save your legs for the main event I could bring you up.

twaimkit wrote: »
    Hi, im afraid im still off bike for long distances due to a tumble but would be more than happy to be an unofficial broom wagon for the morning and carry track pump, spare tubes. I'd be coming up from mallow so inc21 or anyone if you wanted a lift up with bike to save your legs for the main event I could bring you up.

Are you sure? Don't want to be any trouble, bike and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭twaimkit

No problem id be coming up that way anyway after work . Il pm my contact number so i can arrange where to meet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dvntie

twaimkit wrote: »

Coffee on me at whatever stop I think I owe ya a few ;-)

I'll be leaving the anglers rest at 8.20 Sunday morning if anyone wants to ride in from the west side of the city

dvntie wrote: »
    I'll be leaving the anglers rest at 8.20 Sunday morning if anyone wants to ride in from the west side of the city

Ill meet u at co.hall at 8.30ish, mackey might join us

See ya then so ill have all the pink gear on :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I'll see ye so at 830 outside co hall. Same as Monday

Mainly dry tomorrow morning with sunny spells. Cloud will increase from the southwest though, with rain arriving to southwestern parts late in the morning and slowly spreading northeastwards over the course of the afternoon and evening, though it should stay mainly dry in the far north of the province. Highest temperatures of 9 to 11 degrees in moderate westerly winds, backing southwesterly during the morning, further backing southeasterly to easterly during the afternoon and freshening.

Looking good, the weather is calming down and it should be a lovely morning for the spin.

As I have gotten cash off friends and family today I will have a sheet with me tomorrow if anyone wants to donate cash before the off.
    To keep everything above board they can write down a name or message with the amount donated and I will send all the details up to Padraig on Monday.

Looking forward to this now and putting faces to names!
    If anyone has cable ties you might throw them into your car as I may need some, I had a box of various types but they were 'borrowed'....

Looking good, the weather is calming down and it should be a lovely morning for the spin.

As I have gotten cash off friends and family today I will have a sheet with me tomorrow if anyone wants to donate cash before the off.
    To keep everything above board they can write down a name or message with the amount donated and I will send all the details up to Padraig on Monday.

Looking forward to this now and putting faces to names!
    If anyone has cable ties you might throw them into your car as I may need some, I had a box of various types but they were 'borrowed'....

I'll throw a few into my back pocket
    See ya in the morning

There will be a small few bits and pieces for people at the off just to add a sence of occasion and a bit of colour and to remind us what it's all about. Also group pic before we head so make sure that bar tape is clean and your looken your Euro best!

Edit
    Don't forget to donate!
    Not far off an unbelievable €8000.

Blue skies!

• Advertisement

Great spin today great route and got to put faces to the names of many a fellow keyboard warrior

Advertisement