Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**What is (or will be!) on your CAO 2014?**

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

Guys if you have say 3 of the 5 med courses on before tomorrow, theoretically could you add the other two come change of mind in july?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Exo

From my understanding, you need to place them down individually by tomorrow evening. Clear your CAO, and slap every medical related course onto your CAO application just in case. You can remove them at a later stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

9Fu3oom.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Bellaxo wrote: »
    1. TR007 Clinical Speech and Language Studies
    2. TR054 Occupational Therapy
    3. DN519 Psychology
    4. TR071 Science
    5. DN200 Science
    6. TR055 Radiation Therapy
    7. PD101 Education - Primary Teaching
    8. DC208 Psychology
    9. GY503 Speech and Language Therapy
    10. GY502 Occupational Therapy

so so so scared

If Speech and Language is your number one choice, is there a reason you don't have GY503 down second? You could end up getting the points for that, but end up getting the place in Science or Psychology, because you have that higher up your list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Bellaxo

spurious wrote: »
    If Speech and Language is your number one choice, is there a reason you don't have GY503 down second? You could end up getting the points for that, but end up getting the place in Science or Psychology, because you have that higher up your list.

Well I don't mind what I do.. SLT, OT, Psychology or Science! I am stuck!
    I don't have it up there on my 2nd as I don't like Galway and the course.

and plus If i did not get my first I would actually get OT as that course is lower points than Psychology and Science :) And I would love either!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Well I don't mind what I do.. SLT, OT, Psychology or Science! I am stuck!

So why put Galway on it at all?

So why put Galway on it at all?

Does anyone else find 'Spurious' is constantly putting people down and making people feel like ****? Thanks

Does anyone else find 'Spurious' is constantly putting people down and making people feel like ****? Thanks

I'm trying to help you.
    Every year people make silly mistakes on their CAO, like putting courses on that they have no interest in.
    You could easily end up getting one of these courses, but of course ignore helpful advice if you want.

P.S. Please read the charter. You may be new here, but it's no excuse for rudeness.

Report the post if you have an issue with it.

Report the post if you have an issue with it.

This will be my last post. You can't tell me that I will get a course I don't like when I love Science, Psychology, OT etc..

It is my CAO. It is WHAT I want.
    And plus, you don't even know me or what grades I get?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

This will be my last post. You can't tell me that I will get a course I don't like when I love Science, Psychology, OT etc..

Of course he doesn't know you! He is trying to give you helpful advice while you are stubborn to accept it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Are you for real? You JUST said "I don't like Galway and the course", and spurious made a perfectly valid point which could save you a lot of trouble come August if that is true. To anyone who doesn't know you (i.e. everyone here), it looked very strange, and later admitting to having a course you don't like in a college you don't like on your CAO isn't any less strange, so less of the personal abuse and start being able to tell when someone is trying to help you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

You can't tell me that I will get a course I don't like when I love Science, Psychology, OT etc..

But you said you don't like Galway or GY503.

And yet it's on your CAO so you could end up getting it.

You just said you don't like it, so why can't she say you might end up with a course you don't like?

Even it's at 9th, that could still be the couse you get offered and a lot of people don't realise that until they get their offer August. She was trying to help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Worst case scenarios and all that. You rank by the courses you would like to do. No need to get annoyed, it's people's personal choice as long as they can justify their order to themselves. I had an CIT as my number 10 for a while. I'd never go there though if I could avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BOD_IS_GOD_13

Hey, I want to do physiology and health science in it carlow to get into sport rehabilitation and athletic therapy because I won't get the points for it but is it certain that if you do the physiology and health science course that you will get into sport rehab after?

Advertisement