Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2014

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Seeger

Not long left to go now for any of us! Really thought I'd have gone by now, I was feeling so much pressure down below, I kept thinking my waters were going to go, think I was getting Braxton hicks too, was getting a lot of pains. At docs today, baby's head is fully engaged, not due back at hospital until the 8th, 2 days after my due date. Fingers crossed for healthy babies and safe deliveries for us all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Brissygirl32

Thank god May is here! Really ready for pregnancy to be over and for baby to here! Still have another 3 weeks to go but hoping ill have an early arrival!! Head is down and belly has dropped ! Any of the rest of you experiencing serious pressure down there and finding it difficult to walk?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Good luck girls :)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭emz8

Babies head is engaged but I still think my bump is quite high, is that possible? Had braxton hicks the other day and cried my eyes out. Can only imagine what I'm gonna be like with the real deal. Good luck everyone :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deecee1

Due date today!! Had a stretch and sweep done yesterday evening, had a show this afternoon and nothing else has happened, not that i expected it to. Have the Genesis scan tomorrow which should be interesting. It'll be good to see bubs again even though i only saw them yesterday when they scanned to make sure there was enough fluid. That scan took a while because of the lie of the baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Hi. I'm now 3 days over due and getting so impatient. No labour signs at all. Don't think my bump has dropped at all. Induction booked for next Thursday and dreading it really don't want to be induced. How's everyone else getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭emz8

Had my little girl on Tuesday, one week early. Had to be induced as my waters broke but had no contractions!

The labour was a bit of a whirlwind. Took nearly six hours to get to 3cm, then went from 3 to 9 in just three hours. Only had to push for 11 minutes. Baba is a hefty 8'11, healthy and beautiful.

Good luck to anyone still waiting!!

Congrats emz8. Sounds like a whirlwind of a labour alright. I hope the breastfeeding is going a little better for you.

Still hanging in there. Had the genesis scan today and it was great. Looks like bubs is small like its mammy so it'll be interesting to see what weight they are when they're born. I've another hospital appointment tuesday so we'll see what happens then.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Brissygirl32

Congrats to all who've had their babes! Hope all going well for you..
    Question - did any of you have a sweep done? How long did it take to get things moving? I found it very uncomfortable today and feeling very sore and sorry for myself now.. Not sure if it has done anything or what I should expect?

Brissy girl. I had a sweep on tuesday last week started having contractions on the friday eventually went into established labour on the sunday and had our little boy at 4.20 on the monday morning. Whether the sweep did anything to speed things up I'm not sure.

My birth experience was far from what i had imagined, I had to have an epidural because my contractions were one on top of the other with no respite, then my little fellas head ended up at a weird angle so no matter what way I pushed he wasn't coming out, so three attempts at vantouse and no baby, ended up having a forceps an episitomy and a high vaginal wall tear. But honestly it didn't matter he's here and he's perfect. I have to say the staff were amazing i knew exactly when and why everything happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭jam17032010

Had a baby girl a few days ago. Mum and baby doing v well and getting on famously. So delighted with our little beauty.

Advertisement