Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2014

Options
  • 06-10-2013 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

7 weeks pregnant yesterday (due end of may) with our first baby!!!! I know its very early but it is hard keeping it a secret until the 12 weeks so hoping to chat to people here about it for advice etc. We have told her parents but not mine. Super excited. I hope it is ok for future dads to post here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭val444

Hi!

I'm seven weeks today and only me, my husband and the doctor are in on it! Bursting to tell the whole world, dunno how I'll keep it to myself much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭jam17032010

val444 wrote: »
    Hi!

I'm seven weeks today and only me, my husband and the doctor are in on it! Bursting to tell the whole world, dunno how I'll keep it to myself much longer.

Congrats. Looks like we are due around the same time. Have our first scan in 5 weeks. Can't wait. Keep in touch here.

I couldn't wait another five weeks for the scan so I have actually booked a private one for next week. It is 99 EUR which I think is totally worth it. We are very nervous about this pregnancy and I just really need some reassurance and soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

hi

i was waiting for someone to post for May! I'm due around the 13th i think. still waiting for scan date, just wondering how much notice you got from hospital? i am expecting it to be early / mid november but no word yet. Going to mullingar

Haven't told anyone yet, just the two of us and the doc, am fit to burst to tell someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

Mac0783 wrote: »
    hi

i was waiting for someone to post for May! I'm due around the 13th i think. still waiting for scan date, just wondering how much notice you got from hospital? i am expecting it to be early / mid november but no word yet. Going to mullingar

Haven't told anyone yet, just the two of us and the doc, am fit to burst to tell someone!

Hi I'm over from December board. Congrats .. I'm with mullingar too both pregnancies my first appointment were around the 13 week mark. Hospital wrote out to me about 3/4 weeks before appointment

• Advertisement

Hi,

I'm CUMH and have an appointment at 12 weeks. Got more than six weeks notice of these (one for scan, one for booking in).

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Libbybelle

In the absense of a June thread, I’m going to post here for a while, since probably a couple will end up with June babies! I am 5 and a half weeks pregnant with my first, due June 5th. I am so nervous as I am on the older end of the scale for a first time mum, will turn 35 just before baby arrives (unless it arrives early and spares me the horror of being known as a geriatric mother)

I have known for about 10 days now and to be honest I am a bit worried about lack of symptoms, I had a bit of boob tenderness, but that seems to have passed, no nausea or morning sickness, not really tired in the evenings. The only symptoms I have had is some period type pain. I have taken three tests so I am pretty sure I am pregnant, but just worried about the lack of symptoms. LOL, I’d love to have some morning sickness, I know after two days I’ll be cursing it!

Like Val, I will be CUMH, but I was actually a patient of Cork Fertility Clinic, so am getting a scan done there on Thursday. I will be six weeks at that stage, the nurse said it may be a bit early for a heartbeat, but we may be able to see the pregnancy sac etc, so hopefully it will be enough to put my mind at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭emz8

Hi all,

I'm 8 weeks today on my first. Due May 17th. Got an early scan because my scan isn't until mid November and I was to nervous to wait! I only told my mam and dad...who told all my extended family. (first grandchild)

Anyone else been really sick/exhausted?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Brissygirl32

Hi - I'm 7 weeks today - first time too! I've really bad bloating, cramps and aches in my stomach - I'm hoping this is normal? Haven't told any friends or family yet - so kinda hard to know?? Help! :)

Oh, I am so bloated! By about 9pm, I look six months pregnant. Looking online, seems normal.

• Advertisement

Hi - I'm 7 weeks today - first time too! I've really bad bloating, cramps and aches in my stomach - I'm hoping this is normal? Haven't told any friends or family yet - so kinda hard to know?? Help! :)
    val444 wrote: »
    Oh, I am so bloated! By about 9pm, I look six months pregnant. Looking online, seems normal.
    The only symptoms I have are bloating and the occasional period type cramp. If this bloating doesn’t subside then I am going to struggle to hide it for long as I am normally quite slim. It probably doesn’t help that I am eating like a total horse! I have been so nervous about lack of symptoms that I took yet another test today (that’s four in total!) and it has gone from 2-3 weeks to 3+ weeks. So that’s put my mind at ease a little. It’s nerve wracking stuff this pregnancy business!

Lillybelle have you gone to doctor to confirm?

i had been eating like an absolute horse but thank god that has calmed down over last week or so, at the rate i was going would have had 2 stone on in the first month.

got date for scan, only 3 weeks to wait. can't believe it yet, still in shock / denial.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭polly27

Hi all

i am new to this sight and im looking for some advice, i am recently engaged to the love of my life and we are not getting married until 2015 so we both want to start trying for a baby in december of this year, i have the implant in since 2010 and due to get in out in april next year but going to get it out at the start of december this year. how long does it usually take to concieve once the implant is removed? also are you best to try before you have it out or after, i am not sure how to track my periods as they have been all over the place since i got the implant, i could have it for 2 to 3 weeks at a time sometimes and its nearly every 4 to 5 weeks. also i am about 17 stone have lost 2 this year and hoping to loose one to two stone before xmas so i am wondering am i too big to concieve and if i was blessed to concieve in dec i would be nearly 5 months pregant by may next year which is worrying me as i am bridesmaid for my best friend and i fear with having extra wieght that i will be really big for the wedding, what month do you start to really show and how much weight do you usually put on in pregnany, i know ive a lot of questions but id be so greatful for your help

many thanks everyone in advance xx

Mac0783 wrote: »
    Lillybelle have you gone to doctor to confirm?

i had been eating like an absolute horse but thank god that has calmed down over last week or so, at the rate i was going would have had 2 stone on in the first month.

got date for scan, only 3 weeks to wait. can't believe it yet, still in shock / denial.
    Hi Mac, no haven't been to doctor. My regular doctor is a bit of a distance away from my work, so it doesn't really suit me to go. I figured when I was getting such an early scan, I'd hang on and see what that shows and then I will make doctors appointment.

Polly i'm sorry i cant really help much as i never had the implant but i think the best thing would be to go to your doc and talk things through, it'll help put your mind at rest.

I dont know if the implant is the same as the pill but i thought coming off the pill it would take ages to get pregneant but it happened after only a few months and the doctor told me that it didnt matter how long i'd been on the pill but that once i was off it it was straight back in to normal ovulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MissFire

Libbybelle wrote: »
    In the absense of a June thread, I’m going to post here for a while, since probably a couple will end up with June babies! I am 5 and a half weeks pregnant with my first, due June 5th. I am so nervous as I am on the older end of the scale for a first time mum, will turn 35 just before baby arrives (unless it arrives early and spares me the horror of being known as a geriatric mother)

I have known for about 10 days now and to be honest I am a bit worried about lack of symptoms, I had a bit of boob tenderness, but that seems to have passed, no nausea or morning sickness, not really tired in the evenings. The only symptoms I have had is some period type pain. I have taken three tests so I am pretty sure I am pregnant, but just worried about the lack of symptoms. LOL, I’d love to have some morning sickness, I know after two days I’ll be cursing it!

Like Val, I will be CUMH, but I was actually a patient of Cork Fertility Clinic, so am getting a scan done there on Thursday. I will be six weeks at that stage, the nurse said it may be a bit early for a heartbeat, but we may be able to see the pregnancy sac etc, so hopefully it will be enough to put my mind at ease.

Hi Libby.. I'm due the 5th of June too, my first.. I'll be 34 when I'm due.. nervous at all hell...
    How did the scan go, could you see anything?

There is a June thread up now but no movement on it really..

Hope all is well.

Got an early scan done yesterday (9 weeks). Very exciting. Healthy heartbeat and all seems to be well thank God. We were so nervous that there would be a problem but all good. He/she even did a little dance for us :-)

MissFire wrote: »
    Hi Libby.. I'm due the 5th of June too, my first.. I'll be 34 when I'm due.. nervous at all hell...
    How did the scan go, could you see anything?

There is a June thread up now but no movement on it really..

Hope all is well.
    Hi MissFire, yes had my scan at 6 weeks (the Thursday before last) and am actually having another this Thursday. Was able to see the heartbeat at the scan, it was fantastic to see. The nurse said there was no need for a second scan, but since I have pretty much zero symptoms, I like the peace of mind of seeing my little bean!

How are you feeling? Any sickness or symptoms yet?

Libbybelle wrote: »
    Hi MissFire, yes had my scan at 6 weeks (the Thursday before last) and am actually having another this Thursday. Was able to see the heartbeat at the scan, it was fantastic to see. The nurse said there was no need for a second scan, but since I have pretty much zero symptoms, I like the peace of mind of seeing my little bean!

How are you feeling? Any sickness or symptoms yet?

Very crampy and bit constipated to be perfectly honest.. lol.. have afternoon 'sickness' but never actually got sick *touches wood* so afternoons in work have been fantastic ha ha but other than that I'm good.. so much to think about!!! My brain is doing 90!!

We will hear heartbeat at 14 weeks and first scan at 20 weeks.. dunno how I'll wait that long!! It must've been cool for you to see yours the other day.. made it all real.. :-)

X

MissFire wrote: »
    Very crampy and bit constipated to be perfectly honest.. lol.. have afternoon 'sickness' but never actually got sick *touches wood* so afternoons in work have been fantastic ha ha but other than that I'm good.. so much to think about!!! My brain is doing 90!!

We will hear heartbeat at 14 weeks and first scan at 20 weeks.. dunno how I'll wait that long!! It must've been cool for you to see yours the other day.. made it all real.. :-)

X
    14 weeks! OMG, that’s an eternity to have to wait! I am finding time so long, I just want to get to 12 weeks and be able to tell everyone and hopefully not be worrying as much (although I think I’m going to be a worrier for the whole pregnancy and far beyond!)

I have a little nausea from time to time, especially after I eat, but it’s really mild and not preventing me from stuffing my face 24/7 so I have been very lucky so far.

I am visiting my homeplace this weekend, so am planning on telling my mum and my sisters, I know it’s early, but I am about to burst if I don’t tell someone! Plus I will have had my second scan at that stage and hopefully all will be well.

Is everyone else keeping ‘mum’ for the moment or telling a select few?

• Advertisement

Waiting till after scan as well, and it's killing me. roll on next wednesday. although bump is beginning to show am sure some people have guessed..

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭emz8

I told my mam who told all my aunties...who told all my uncles and cousins and because they all knew my dad told all his family, but no one is allowed know I know. Its gas, everyone is just pretending to not know around me. Its like that episode of Friends... 'they don't know that we know that they know'.

I've got a little bump already so thinking I'll put them out of their misery sooner rather than later

I just told one of my best friends cause I burst into tears in front of her during one of my emotional moments.. I would've liked to wait another while but now at least I can ask her if things feel normal and ask her about foods if I'm in doubt.. she's funny.. she's looking for perfect buggies for me and has already started crocheting a baby blanket.. might tell the parents around ten or 11 weeks, we'll see..

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Seeger

Hi all, another May mammy here. The May thread seems quiet enough, I hope that means everyone's keeping well!

I had a scan at 10 weeks as I didn't have a clue about my dates (pcos), am 13 weeks pregnant today.

I have a little girl, just gone 1 and if it wasn't for nausea I would prob forget I was pregnant, soo different to my last pregnancy where I obsessed and worried about everything! So far so good, was at docs today for my first appointment, urine sample, blood pressure and Doppler, I could listen to the heart beat all day long!

Have dates for my big scan and ante natal appointment as I was referred from early pregnancy assessment unit. Won't see again doctor until January!

How's everyone doing? :)

Seeger wrote: »
    Hi all, another May mammy here. The May thread seems quiet enough, I hope that means everyone's keeping well!

I had a scan at 10 weeks as I didn't have a clue about my dates (pcos), am 13 weeks pregnant today.

I have a little girl, just gone 1 and if it wasn't for nausea I would prob forget I was pregnant, soo different to my last pregnancy where I obsessed and worried about everything! So far so good, was at docs today for my first appointment, urine sample, blood pressure and Doppler, I could listen to the heart beat all day long!

Have dates for my big scan and ante natal appointment as I was referred from early pregnancy assessment unit. Won't see again doctor until January!

How's everyone doing? :)

Hi Seeger,

A happy daddy here. We were 10 weeks on Saturday. Got a scan done on 9 weeks and were delighted to see a healthy heartbeat, so all going well. Mum is quite nauseous, tired, bloated and blocked up, but it comes and goes so I just have to spoil here during the low moments. Hope all is well with you.

I am still on the obsessive worrying stage. Had a scan at eight weeks and everything was perfect, felt really sick but no actual vomiting, constipation, backache, sore boobs, the whole shebang. All those symptoms have suddenly calmed way down so obviously now I am freaking out that something has gone wrong. I have another scan on Wednesday and have resolved to just calm down once everything is okay at that stage. Ill be nearly twelve weeks then too so hopefully that will put my mind at ease a bit.

Interestingly, I switched from a Pregnacare multivitamin to just straight up folic acid last week, just before all the unpleasant symptoms eased. I have also begun B12 injections as that was low so the doctor thinks that has really helped me not to feel quite as rubbish. Fingers crossed anyway!

Hi Jam, glad to see a happy daddy to be on here! I hope Mammy to be is keeping well. All good here, my partner works shifts so I'm looking forward to his long weekend off and a bit of a break for myself, keep up the good work looking after the Mammy to be :)

Hi Val, I totally freaked out when my symptoms disappeared last time too! There were always questions over my fertility, so when I became pregnant It was like I didn't want to get my hopes up and always presumed the worst. I had had bleeding early in that pregnancy which didnt help the freaking out! I didn't really relax until after 34 weeks! I don't think anything anyone says helps with the relaxing, you're just being a great protective mother already, who wants this baby more than anything, I hope you do enjoy you're pregnancy after your 12 week scan, I have every intention of enjoying this pregnancy and fingers crossed so far so good x

Just wondering how many of you got the flu vaccine?

Just had 12 week scan, can’t get over how much you could see on the monitor and we got to hear the heartbeat, sounded very strong and loud. Got pictures as well, looks like a little alien. Finally started telling people, which is great, feels more real now.

We’ve decided not to get the flu jab, talked to a few friends to have lots of babies and they never got it. Plus I never (touch wood) really get the flu so I think I would prefer to avoid it if possible.

• Advertisement

I ended up getting the flu jab. I was 50/50 on it really. Glad it's done now. Great to hear your 12 week scan went well. I love telling everyone the news :)

Advertisement