Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philips CorePro GU10 5-50W LED - £8.79

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

I don't think 5w would be overkill. I have 8 spots in the Kitchen with a mix of 3w 4w and a couple of 5w. I put the 5w over the counter and cooker and it does make a difference. I will replace with 5w when the older LED blow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

I find my current halogens over bright as it is though when undimmed and not a fan of too much light in a house - shows all the DIY I've yet to do!

BTW whats the difference in the 2700k and 3000k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

sweetie wrote: »
    I find my current halogens over bright as it is though when undimmed and not a fan of too much light in a house - shows all the diy I have to do!

Just get the dimmable ones and then put a dimmer on or you could put a mix of 50w and Led's

or

Try Sunglasses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

I find my current halogens over bright as it is though when undimmed and not a fan of too much light in a house - shows all the DIY I've yet to do!

BTW whats the difference in the 2700k and 3000k?[/quote

The 2700k is a softer colour rating which would be the equivalent to your everyday halogen bulb colour, the higher the “k" rating the whiter the bulb emits more akin to office lighting colour

Disaster! Got 10 of the Ikea ledare lamps and the are too long for the fittings I and my parents have (the ones with the circular piece of metal that holds the lamp up) and ordered a ten pacl of the master from amazon for my kitchen and when they arrived I found out they don't take GU10s!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Sweetie which bulbs did you order? I might take them.

the Philips master dimmable 5W 2700K, worked out at about tenner each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Ah ok, not cool enough - looking for 4000k bulbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

the Philips master dimmable 5W 2700K, worked out at about tenner each.

sweetie, if its any use I have the gu10 7w version of the phillips master from eurosales for my kitchen. got 7 of them and I would say they were almost a like for like replacement for the 50w halogens which I had before so Im happy with them.
    I have dimmmable 5w's in the sitting room to replace the 50w I had in there when I did the big switch and always wishing I had a little more light.

http://www.eurosales.ie/index.php?option=com_rokquickcart&view=rokquickcart&Itemid=68

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Disaster! Got 10 of the Ikea ledare lamps and the are too long for the fittings I and my parents have (the ones with the circular piece of metal that holds the lamp up) and ordered a ten pacl of the master from amazon for my kitchen and when they arrived I found out they don't take GU10s!

Cheaper in the long run to convert to gu10 mr16 transformers waste energy.

moodrater wrote:
    Cheaper in the long run to convert to gu10 mr16 transformers waste energy.

is it a big job?

Advertisement