Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men's hair products

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Ive let my hair grow to a medium length so have switched to Fish Wax from Fish Glue, now it could be just that Im not used to it just wondering which wax ye guys would use on medium length hair.

Oh ye should check out Slikhaar for hairstyle ideas, some class cuts :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Another thread resurrection from moi;

Right folks; have quite dry curly frizzy hair and I'm struggling to get products that work with it; anyone got any suggestions? At the moment I'm on American Crew Pomade.

Even methods are welcomed; one of the girls in The Grooming Rooms suggested mousse and blowdry it but I tried it and it tended to dry out my hair even more.

I suspect it'll take more than one product to achieve the results I'm after...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I've been on a bit of a health drive lately / doing a bit of research into natural health products and something that I came across was almond oil and its effects on hair and skin. It turns out that it's very good for dry, damaged hair, itchy scalp, dandruff.

You can get it in boots over the counter for less than €3 or so, you only need a small amount due to the fact that it's oil - out of the shower, towel dry your hair and then apply a small amount to your palms and rub through before massaging into your scalp. Give your hair a quick comb if you want but you can leave it in overnight and shower it out the next morning.

It's made a noticeable difference to the softness of my face when I've applied it - I haven't used it as much in my hair but it may help some here.

Link here for more info

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

V05 rework fibre putty

Been using it ten years. Non greasy. Good for short or long. Washes out easily.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpRKK1Iq93lidMqTog9V19QuPhOBP7lajtIu1IRP0oVUOhWkHYIQPs7lcT

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpRKK1Iq93lidMqTog9V19QuPhOBP7lajtIu1IRP0oVUOhWkHYIQPs7lcT
    I use this, found at the start it was hard to use but figured out how to use it. The key I think is to apply a strong hair spray to hold the style in place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

astonaidan wrote: »
    I use this, found at the start it was hard to use but figured out how to use it. The key I think is to apply a strong hair spray to hold the style in place

Never used hairspray before but will give it a go :)

Never used hairspray before but will give it a go :)
    After the wax of course :cool: Dont style with the aul hairspray myself but it will keep what ever style you do in place for the day

Advertisement