Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat a game from your backlog this September: October Edition

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

ionapaul wrote: »
    Finished Bioshock Infinite last night, took me quite a while as I didn't have much time to devote to gaming over the past five weeks. I thought it was brilliant, the ending was awesome. Gonna check out the ending thread now!

Very close to finishing a co-op run through of Lego Batman 2 - that's a lot of fun as well.

Not sure what single player game I should start next, I have so many of them to choose from.
    Finished Lego Batman 2 last night, on the last level of Anomoly: Warzone Earth story mode. Still not sure what to start afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

ionapaul wrote: »
    Finished Lego Batman 2 last night, on the last level of Anomoly: Warzone Earth story mode. Still not sure what to start afterwards.

I have Anomoly sitting in my list....never even started it up!

sarumite wrote: »
    I have Anomoly sitting in my list....never even started it up!
    Good game - finished it last night, had a bit of trouble with the final boss (playing Advanced Mode) until I figured out an easier way to defeat it.

Have decided to start on the Walking Dead DLC now, then maybe look at one of the many platformers I haven't touched yet. Bought Fez a few weeks ago, it looks pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Finally got around to finishing Far Cry 3, what a fantastic game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

McGrath5 wrote: »
    Finally got around to finishing Far Cry 3, what a fantastic game.

roughly how long did it take you yo finish it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Dragonborn. Eventually. Very short DLC. Not massively impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Dragonborn. Eventually. Very short DLC. Not massively impressed.

How does it compare to Dawnguard? If you've played both that is. Have been waiting for them to drop to €5 since Dawnguard was released, but not that fussed due to the reviews despite loving the main game.

Hadn't planned on making any dent in the backlog this month due to GTA Online and the constant temptation of Civ V, but I'm completely burned out on GTA after a month and wanted something a bit different so decided to try out The Testament Of Sherlock Holmes which has been sitting in my library for quite a while.

About halfway through now and am enjoying it, certainly not without it's flaws (some laughably bad sound effects, certain character models, one freeze where I was forced to alt tab) but it's quite satisfying to play, with plenty of puzzles, which I love, and a decent story. It's a nice change of pace from my usual games anyway. Worth picking up during a sale if anyone is curious about it and didn't get it in the Humble Bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭McGrath5

sarumite wrote: »
    roughly how long did it take you yo finish it?

Approx 15 hours.
    Although I still have some more of the Islands to explore, so that in itself will swallow up a few more hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    How does it compare to Dawnguard? If you've played both that is. Have been waiting for them to drop to €5 since Dawnguard was released, but not that fussed due to the reviews despite loving the main game.

I preferred Dawnguard. There was a bit of personality to that expansion, despite it being set - mainly - in Skyrim. Even with a new area (Solsteim), Dragonborn doesn't really have any identity to itself. There's a Dwemer section that's decent fun, and I'm sure it's nice to see Morrowind again if you played that before (I haven't). Maybe I just didn't take to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Just played super metroid for the 3rd time but first time beating it

Easily one of my fav games of all time , just simply perfection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well then this will blow your mind. As somebody who has played it recently, you might appreciate some of the major skips going on here.

A recent world record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I remember trying that when I was around 10 years old, I had no strategy other than running through everything. I couldn't get past the second fight with Ridley with almost no missiles or health tanks...

Grimebox wrote: »
    I remember trying that when I was around 10 years old, I had no strategy other than running through everything. I couldn't get past the second fight with Ridley with almost no missiles or health tanks...
    Finished the story mode of Fez yesterday - have to admit I didn't really see much of a narrative framework and didn't exactly know when exactly I was supposed to go through the doors and finish the thing. Despite that I really enjoyed it and have already started on New Game+ to try to get a few more achievements; there are a good few levels I haven't seen yet.

Finished The Walking Dead: 400 Days last week, more of same good stuff.

Not sure what's up next, maybe the latest Hitman? Or Shogun 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Kirby wrote: »
    Well then this will blow your mind. As somebody who has played it recently, you might appreciate some of the major skips going on here.

A recent world record.

what a glorious freak

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Danger781 wrote: »
    Final year of college really limits your gaming time.. what a balls

hate that

Nothing like been a bum on the sofa all year round :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

what a glorious freak

Indeed. Skipping the metroid baby when it tries to grab you and drain you at the end of the game is godlike. Also being able to shoot mother brain when you are supposed to be locked in a cutscene.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Beat Metal Gear Rising last night. Found it to be a very enjoyable game but I'm not too surprised by that either.

Not particularly long and the last boss battle goes on for ages but all in all a very good game.

Still working through Persona though :( I'm halfway through January on it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

finished Metro 2033! it only took me 2-3 months to get the time together!

on level 9 or 10 of Hotline Miami. And have saved Matt Millar in SR4.

getting there. by christmas, i might even have beaten those 2 games.

just in time for the sale..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,824 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I beat Tomb Raider Underworld last night. Decent game but nothing special. Pretty shabby month I had with just that and Ninja Gaiden 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Beat Metro 2033 at the weekend. Playing Last Light now and hope to have that completed by end of the weekend coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Saints Row 4 done and dusted. I really didn't enjoy it as much as 3. With superpowers, they've fundamentally changed the game into a sort of Infamous clone. It probably didn't help that I jumped straight into this from GTA V either.

On to Arkham Origins next. 30 days to complete that (and round up any other current gen stuff) before the PS4 arrives...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Danger781 wrote: »
    Final year of college really limits your gaming time.. what a balls

As someone who miraculously got a 2.1 last year, this is not true :pac:

Advertisement