Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat a game from your backlog this September: October Edition

Options
  • 01-10-2013 11:36pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭

So my tally for last month was:

Dark Souls (PC)
    Gunhound EX (PSP)
    Sonic Adventure (PC)
    Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom (PSP)
    La Mulana (PC)

This month I'm dropping everything and only playing horror games. First up, Project Zero 2!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Dead island sux.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

My tally for last month was......0

Last month I did put time into

Civ5
    Skyrim
    Walking dead
    Dead space 2
    Mafia 2
    Sim city
    Splinter cell chaos theoryhd
    Torchlight 2
    Ico

But never managed to finish any of them...Maybe this month I will actually stick with a game and finish it. Who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Might try finish The Walking Dead, been meaning to get back to it these past few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Got through

Heavy Rain(Ps3) - Really liked it

SR4 (PC) - Also really liked it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Grand Theft Auto 5 ( Fun game but was some what disappointed in some aspects of the game )

Peace Walker ( played for the second time , still is a masterpiece )

Persona 4 Arena ( Awesome Story mode that had me in stitches multiple times :pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Dead island sux.

I just beat Dead Island and found it to be surprisingly enjoyable. The focus on melee, the variety of locations, the constant need to repair weapons.... all good stuff in my book. Sure it was clunky in parts and needed a bit more polishing but it did what Far Cry 2 was trying but actually made it fun.

The other game I managed to finish in Sep was Fire Emblem:Awakening. 2 in one month!

Am on to Trails in the Sky and Dragons Dogma now. Don't expect to beat either in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,261 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Not that I can beat it, but im gonna give SWTOR another bash, see what they've added in to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I only beat Jisei so far. It's a visual novel I picked up in a bundle. I'm just started the sequel, Kansei.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bioshock Infinite
    Tales of Xillia
    Dark Souls (finally!!)
    Uncharted 2 / 3
    GTAV
    Journey
    Dragon Age

Ahh the joys of unemployment.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,736 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

completion is so overrated
    I have finally put FTL aside though.

I unsealed the wrapper off Mirrors Edge
    Broke into a little Worms Revolution campaign

Still debating whether to open up Dark Souls after buying it at a bad price on the summer sale
    Played a little War Thunder and Star Conflict but those never end..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Dragon Age 2 and Bully finished. Currently working on Demon's Souls, Far Cry 3 and all the half life games, now on 2, far better than the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I was going to storm through Batman Arkham Asylum on WiiU this october and finally - after 7 months of failure - get my name on the board.

So last night I did exactly that.

And the front menu on the game says I'm only 48% of the way to completing it??? Son of a motherless goat! Looks like another month of empty promises and half finished dreams for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Banjo wrote: »
    I was going to storm through Batman Arkham AsylumCity on WiiU this october and finally - after 7 months of failure - get my name on the board.

So last night I did exactly that.

And the front menu on the game says I'm only 48% of the way to completing it??? Son of a motherless goat! Looks like another month of empty promises and half finished dreams for me.

Fixed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Been on a crazy backlog cleanse lately got through Uncharted 3, Last of Us, Ni no Kuni, Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs and DMC

The games I played on PC made the PS3 stuff look massively ordinary Sleeping Dogs especially was fantastic no Idea what to play next though, got Alan Wake, AC3 Tyranny Episodes, Batman AA and AC, Bastion, Bioshock 1+2, Borderlands 1+2, Crysis 1-3, Dishonored, Dust, Far Cry 3, Mass Effect 1-3, Sam and Max S1-3, The Walking Dead and Sonic Generations on steam thanks to the sales lol any suggestions on what to try 1st?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Oh lucky you. I'd go Alan Wake, Arkham Asylum then City, Walking Dead and then on to Mass Effect. The first 4 there aren't the longest but ME1-3 will take a while obv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Accidentally started my own thread about the same thing so going to post in here :o
    Just finished Ratchet & Clank quest for booty= Very short probaably 5 hours maybe a bit less, dont know how everyone feels about it but I liked it pity its not a bit longer
    Completed Uncharted Drakes Fortune last week= Dont know why I left it so long really enjoyed the series

So what I have left to complete before I buy the PS4 is:
    • Uncharted 3
    • Skyrim
    • Dragon Age
    • Red Dead Redemption
    • Fallout 3
    • Dishonored
    • Homefront
    The ones in bold are the ones I intend to finish, I havent played Dishonored our Homefront so not sure if Id like them.
    Found Fallout to difficult and got stuck on a boss in Dragon Age I just couldnt kill so pretty much gave up on them along time ago, saying that If I complete the others I might start afresh with these games

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Just finishing Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams. 2 more levels.

Started Dragons Dogma but will be a time consuming RPG.

Only finishing one PS+ game a month which isn't too bad in my average gamer eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Finished Bioshock Infinite last night, took me quite a while as I didn't have much time to devote to gaming over the past five weeks. I thought it was brilliant, the ending was awesome. Gonna check out the ending thread now!

Very close to finishing a co-op run through of Lego Batman 2 - that's a lot of fun as well.

Not sure what single player game I should start next, I have so many of them to choose from.

sarumite wrote: »
    My tally for last month was......0

Last month I did put time into

Civ5
    Skyrim
    Walking dead
    Dead space 2
    Mafia 2
    Sim city
    Splinter cell chaos theoryhd
    Torchlight 2
    Ico

But never managed to finish any of them...Maybe this month I will actually stick with a game and finish it. Who knows!

I finally finished a game....Its the first time in months that I have actually done that. I seem to be going through a slight attention deficit period at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Finally finished Alan Wake.. Now the question is do I go for the achievements now, or do it at a later date..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Working my way through Final Fantasy IX on the Vita at the moment. Loving it apart from the stuttering audio in cut scenes.

Still a beautiful game after all the years!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Have to finish bioshock infinite, have started it but didn't really get into it at the time, will give it another go this month hopefully. Also have resistance 2&3 to finish. Never even played them but I liked the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Been a while since I've posted in one of these. (Think it was February even) and I remember posting I'd try and finish Persona 4 Golden :p

I've finished Killzone Mercenary this month.

After putting another 40 hours or so into Persona (Bringing me to 70 hours in total) I think I'm near enough to getting the good ending (Already got the Bad one)

So this month I hope to finish Persona while also playing through Beyond Two Souls and maybe a few more Vita games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Very slow month for me. Just beat Ninja Gaiden 2 on the 360 on Warrior. Christ I'm exhausted. Fantastic game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Bioshock Infinite for me. Been meaning to play it for ages but life gets in the way. A few hours in now, should be finished my the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

Just updating my list.

3DS
    Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Super (3DS)Mario 3D Land
    Kingdom Hearts 3D

PS3
    Ni No Kuni
    LOTR War in the North
    Uncharted 2
    Infamous 2
    The Last Of Us
    Mafia 2
    God of War Ascension

Xbox 360
    Blops 2
    Halo 4
    Assassins Creed 3
    Sleeping Dogs
    Bioshock Infinite (Twice)
    The Darkness 2 (Twice)
    Resident Evil 6
    Dark Souls
    Tomb Raider
    Halo 4 Legendary Playthrough
    Dishonoured

Adding:

GTA V (360)
    Spec Ops: The Line (PS3)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Overheal wrote: »
    completion is so overrated
    I have finally put FTL aside though.

I unsealed the wrapper off Mirrors Edge
    Broke into a little Worms Revolution campaign

Still debating whether to open up Dark Souls after buying it at a bad price on the summer sale
    Played a little War Thunder and Star Conflict but those never end..

Still haven't beaten that damn game. I usually coast through the game then suddenly one fight goes incredibly badly. A complete stark contrast to everything up to that point. That fight is usually the 2nd boss fight. One day I'll finish it...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Bought Deadly premonition so I'll throw that into the Backlog since I'll be picking up Batman this week too. :P

Grr. Updated to windows 8.1 and had a serious problem with windows boot manager. As a result I have had to restore to a previous version of windows which means I have some of my saves:mad:. Oh well, maybe Novermber I can add another game to my list!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Final year of college really limits your gaming time.. what a balls

Advertisement