Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amanda Knox retrial begins

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

the_monkey wrote: »
    Well she was found guilty mate .... I think the proof is there..

The other guy was found guilty of doing it on his own. Utterly extraordinary justice system. This will be overturned again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

indeed - but some don't bother reading the court documents when they can do their own research on the internet. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

USA will not extradite one of its citizens, not with a case like this where she was found guilty, then not guilty and then guilty again. There is an extraditin treaty between Italy & USA since 1988 but this is mainly to benefit the United States

That will work to Italy's advantage some day. She will find it hard to find a room mate now.

Muise... wrote: »
    indeed - but some don't bother reading the court documents when they can do their own research on the internet. :pac:

The whole case was a fabrication in the mind of an utterly corrupt, sex addled prosecutor.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

The whole case was a fabrication in the mind of an utterly corrupt, sex addled prosecutor.

You're a great lad for asking things be backed up with evidence, where's yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

let me guess, you didn't read that in the verdict but on some blog?

I would assume you are from the US, by your posts, just guessing.

No offence intended.

Good old Foxy Knoxy. It's the whiff of danger that makes her even more attractive.

You'd never feel so comfortable in her company that you'd let a right ripper go post-coitus.

I know it's been a few months since you posted this.

BUT - I laughed very loudly for about 90 seconds after I read your post. In a room. On my own.

Bravo, good sir.

I would assume you are from the US, by your posts, just guessing.

No offence intended.

How the **** did you get that. I post on Irish issues mostly. I live in Dublin. I am from Tipp.

It's a clear witch hunt. There's a guy in jail already for doing this same crime ON HIS OWN. That's the one they have actual forensic evidence for. In this case there is no forensic evidence and an absurd motive. Besides that what other country finds people guilty after an appeals court finds them innocent? How can there be two versions of the same crime? If you trust the Italian justice system you have to ask which version is true? Guede acted alone? That's what he was jailed for. Or a ridiculous story about an intruder joining in sex games with two students who left no forensic evidence but he did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

meemeemee wrote: »
    A crime investigator in the US called Ron Hendry gives a great analysis here;

http://www.injusticeinperugia.org/RonHendryindex2.html

It is a good read. But warning, there are some photographs of the bloodied crime scene which people might find distressing.

Ron Hendry is blunt in his conclusion: "Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito would never have been regarded as persons of interest – much less suspects – had the police correctly done their job from the start," he says.

He is being polite. The more you read about this case, the more you see how the Italian police were utterly incompetent, even damaging the crime scene.

It's insane this is still going on. I feel sorry for Meredith's family. But the killer was found, and was brought to justice.

This is skewed, some American lad who is siding with his fellow yankee.

It's like a Creationist science video ..

Bollix... :P ... ok I didn't watch it,

It's a tough one to call , no one will ever know.

How the **** did you get that. I post on Irish issues mostly. I live in Dublin. I am from Tipp.

It's a clear witch hunt. There's a guy in jail already for doing this same crime ON HIS OWN. That's the one they have actual forensic evidence for. In this case there is no forensic evidence and an absurd motive. Besides that what other country finds people guilty after an appeals court finds them innocent? How can there be two versions of the same crime? If you trust the Italian justice system you have to ask which version is true? Guede acted alone? That's what he was jailed for. Or a ridiculous story about an intruder joining in sex games with two students who left no forensic evidence but he did.

The guy in jail pleaded guilty and implicated the other two, to get a lighter sentence. They hung around together.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

This is skewed, some American lad who is siding with his fellow yankee.

It's like a Creationist science video ..

Bollix...
    Any evidence in particular that makes you think Knox is guilty?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Acquitted then a bit of double jeopardy (in most places )

if I was foxy knoxy i'd be staying the f*ck in the states.

something about Italy just makes me suspicious of their legal system.

completely unfounded, but just my opinion

if I was foxy knoxy i'd be staying the f*ck in the states.

something about Italy just makes me suspicious of their legal system.

completely unfounded, but just my opinion

Like Tumbler Bushes gang afraid of international warrants. No trips to Europe or so many other countries. Interpol. Europol. The new passports leaves them screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

How foxy is she, really?

Uriel. wrote: »
    How foxy is she, really?

It would not be wise to have a conversation with her in the kitchen.

Uriel. wrote: »
    How foxy is she, really?

as murderers go, i'd say she's well up there....

foxier than the scissor sisters at any rate. or larry murphy, the evil pox on humanity that he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

even without the hold danger thing she is hot but not knowin if ya will finish or get stabbed in bed be little hot lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If it even gets as far as an extradition hearing in the US, no US court will find the conviction safe enough to grant extradition. The changes of mind, the bizarre evidence presented by the prosecution and their flimsy case. It wouldn't fly in most other western countries.

The Italian court system is widely regarded among the rest of the western world as a bit of a joke. Corruption is rife, and judges and juries are known to give more gravitas to the emotion and fervour of a lawyer rather than the bare facts he has presented.

This is the same court system which found scientists guilty of manslaughter for failing to predict an earthquake. If this was Germany, the UK or France, then I'd be inclined to assume the trial was run fairly and with minimal bias. But it's Italy. I automatically assume everyone involved was incompetent or on the take, or both. And having read the details way back after the first two trials, I can't see any good logical reason to find this woman guilty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

gctest50 wrote: »
    Would you like to post the proof you have of this ?

It's all over the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

She's being interviewed (an old interview) on Newsnight right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭MonaPizza

Holsten wrote: »
    What's the point?

She is not there and will never set foot near Italy again.

Kinda like the CIA men convicted in abstentia of abductions in Italy and the killers of Nicola Calipari not to mention the guys who whacked Mazen Dana. But then again the Americans demand Snowden be extradited. It's lost on them that there isn't an extradition treaty between Russia and the US yet they refuse to honour one that DOES exist between the US and Italy. And refuse to hand over Jose Posidilla, the terrorist who blew up a Cuban airliner.

They wouldn't even hand over the frequent South Korea-stationed GI who rapes or beats some local to death.

Sad saps

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

She has been given 28 years....

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/amanda-knox-sentenced-to-28-years-6-months-for-murder-for-meredith-kercher-29965961.html

She claimed she couldn't afford to travel to Italy yet her relatives could.... :P

I always felt like she was guilty, I don't know why, it was just a feeling, still not positive though..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

123 LC wrote: »
    She has been given 28 years....

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/amanda-knox-sentenced-to-28-years-6-months-for-murder-for-meredith-kercher-29965961.html

She claimed she couldn't afford to travel to Italy yet her relatives could.... :P

I always felt like she was guilty, I don't know why, it was just a feeling, still not positive though..

She will have to edit the last chapters of her book now and put guilty, or wait until an appeal to the Supreme Court in Italy, the poor dear. Too cowardly to face the music, if she believed she is innocent. I am happy for the poor family of Meredith that some conclusion may soon be reached, after a final appeal probably. She ruined at least 2 peoples lives, one fatally and the other the bar owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,703 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I read this bit 'Italy's highest criminal court, the Court of Cassation' and thought it said 'castration' for a second.
    I was all :eek::eek::eek:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Really feel sorry for Sollecito.Will he really go back to prison?: (

I have nothing against the Italian legal system but this case is really bizarre.

The main prosecution evidence was that a kitchen knife found in the kitchen drawer had a tiny amount of Meredith's DNA on it. So they murdered Meredith in this sex crazed game, then washed the knife and put it back in the kitchen drawer? Completely ridiculous, even more so because the prosecution portrayed Amanda and Raffaelle as intelligent killers.

Speaking of DNA Guedes DNA was found all over the room but the only significant DNA belonging to Amanda and Raffaele was on a bra strap. The prosecution alleged they cleaned up their own DNA without removing Guedes DNA. Again, completely rediculous. It's simply not possible.

If they managed it then they are geniuses. Apparently they were also clever enough to turn off their phones during the deed. Yet they were not clever enough to even attempt to dispose of the murder weapon or ask for a lawyer when first questioned.

DNA transfer is normal. Chances are a search of your house could bring up traces from your work colleagues who never visited, because they were in contact with you before you went home. The traces of DNA are what you would expect to find for housemates and their boyfriends.

DNA is useful in finding who owns blood, fences, sperm, body parts etc. Or for ruling people out if their dna is not found at the scene. Which is what should have happened in this case. They had a violent sex crazed game yet no significant dna belonging to them was found at the scene. That's them ruled out straight away.

The police took Amandas clothes for evidence. She they went to buy new underwear as she didn't have any left. The media said this showed she didn't care enough so she must be guilty. This is one of the main reasons she became a suspect in the first place. It's worrying how people and even police are so easily manipulated by the media.

This is why you read so many things like this in relation to the case:
    123 LC wrote: »

Too many people forming an opinion because of the way the media portrays her, rather than looking at actual facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    She will have to edit the last chapters of her book now and put guilty, or wait until an appeal to the Supreme Court in Italy, the poor dear. Too cowardly to face the music, if she believed she is innocent. I am happy for the poor family of Meredith that some conclusion may soon be reached, after a final appeal probably. She ruined at least 2 peoples lives, one fatally and the other the bar owner.

Too cowardly to go to prison for 26 years for a crime she didn't commit? You have to be joking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Too cowardly to go to prison for 26 years for a crime she didn't commit? You have to be joking.

She has been found guilty.....twice now. A court of law says so. She did not help her case with her lies and deceit.

Advertisement