Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amanda Knox retrial begins

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

I never found the Anderson Cooper interview but I watched most of the Diane Sawyer one and the Simon Hattenstone interview (which is better because it's not full of cutaways and voiceovers) and I'm still not seeing Schrödinger's Oscar winner. I believe she's sincere. I also believe she's a moron. But I wouldn't know how to detect a pathological liar convinced of her own bullshít. That's not my field.

You believe she's sincere, but you admit to not knowing how to spot a liar?

This is the sort of nonsense you've gotta deal with around a case like this! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

I'm not a psychatrist nor a behavioural therapist, ThinkProgress. I am a drama treacher who can spot
    shoddy acting skills
    and you had a fair bit to say on her acting ability, yourself. But while you're here, can you answer this question I asked you about your 'gut feeling' post?
    Do you have anything to say on the evidence or the actual judgements? Anything at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Geez, these 'know-it-all' posters are so boring, I have to say and don't get me wrong...

Some people are not "buying" her "innocence", so deal with it.

I'm not a psychatrist nor a behavioural therapist, ThinkProgress. I am a drama treacher who can spot and you had a fair bit to say on her acting ability, yourself. But while you're here, can you answer this question I asked you about your 'gut feeling' post?

Lying is a form of acting... yet you're not any good at spotting liars?

I've had my say on the facts of this case many times... I don't see any need to repeat myself. What good would it do anyhow?
    Lavinia wrote: »
    Geez, this 'know-it-all' posters are so boring, I have to say and don't get me wrong...

Some people are not "buying" her "innocence", so deal with it.

Is English your first language?

Sorry to add to your sense of boredom, but my 'know-it-all' instincts are telling me that this girl knows far more than she is willing to admit about this case...

I trust my instincts, they very rarely send me down the wrong path. If that makes me a boring 'know-it-all'... whatever. I'm used to being proven right on most occasions! (I don't care if that sounds arrogant) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Oof, that got me right in the feels. I am cut to my very core by your scathing wit.

Do you have anything to say that is on topic, at all? Any insight, any opinions on the case, any evidence you'd like to discuss? Because right now it looks like you're just here to scoff and I'm sure you're classier than that.

Looks like I'm here to scoff? I'm not the one with the "25 years of drama experience" that makes my bullsh1t detecting capabilities more accurate than others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Don't know many that would. I know plenty that think she did it and should be in jail but I don't think anybody would argue against the fact the investigators scuffed the case. That's not to say she's actually innocent and doesn't deserve to be in prison though.

But shouldn't it be that you are innocent until proven guilty. They were acquitted and what someone who lapped up every gorey detail tabloids fed them thinks really doesn't matter. Going on about how she looks like a psychopath or have she is acting is complete nonsense. It might be true but you can't judge that from media coverage.

A lot of insistence on how she is guilty is there because people can't come to therms with the simplest explanation. How do you justify wasting time reading on all those details about murderous sex games if it was all just a boring robbery/rape/murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Oof, that got me right in the feels. I am cut to my very core by your scathing wit.

Do you have anything to say that is on topic, at all? Any insight, any opinions on the case, any evidence you'd like to discuss? Because right now it looks like you're just here to scoff and I'm sure you're classier than that.

Annnnnnd cut
    Great job
    Let's take 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Raffaele Sollecito was intervied by Stephen Sackur on BBC's Hardtalk. If he's a liar he's a very good one. Comes across as totally genuine to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgxZvTqVlR4

Is English your first language?

Sorry to add to your sense of boredom, but my 'know-it-all' instincts are telling me that this girl knows far more than she is willing to admit about this case...
    I trust my instincts, they very rarely send me down the wrong path. If that makes me a boring 'know-it-all'... whatever. I'm used to being proven right on most occasions! (I don't care if that sounds arrogant) :D
    wonderful, one typo (this - these) an there it is. :rolleyes:
    Anyway - my "guts" are telling me she is guilty, her voice and appearance seem fake and her/their behaviour around the time of crime is questionable, but I made a remark that there is no enough evidence to support for sure either story - it being guilty or not guilty.
    But posters quoting even their credentials as some kind of 100 percent accuracy of their own judgement - as some are doing on this topic, yes it makes me yawn.. that's all I said.
    I wish there is enough proof for either side, so the case may "RIP", but I presume exactly that is what makes it intriguing and unsettling.

learn_more wrote: »
    Raffaele Sollecito was intervied by Stephen Sackur on BBC's Hardtalk. If he's a liar he's a very good one. Comes across as totally genuine to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgxZvTqVlR4

Of the three, sollecito is the calmest and least emotional.

It is my opinion that sollecito led the clean up of the crime scene... the only chance you have, is if you stay calm and think clearly... I think Sollecito did this. Under the circumstances, their clean up effort was amazing!

They combed that cottage and didn't even manage to lift a single print from amanda knox in her own bedroom. They did make mistakes, but I think this shows they were immaculate in what they did... probably even too good in some respects.

Guede lost his nerve and ran... Knox was emotional and did make some mistakes as a result. Sollecito was textbook cool and calm under pressure.

Had he panicked and made more mistakes, I have no doubt they would all be in prison right now, serving 25+ years!

• Advertisement

Lavinia wrote: »
    wonderful, one typo (this - these) an there it is. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I didn't mean any offence... just teasing you! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

It is my opinion that sollecito led the clean up of the crime scene... the only chance you have, is if you stay calm and think clearly... I think Sollecito did this. Under the circumstances, their clean up effort was amazing!

They combed that cottage and didn't even manage to lift a single print from amanda knox in her own bedroom. They did make mistakes, but I think this shows they were immaculate in what they did... probably even too good in some respects.

Guede lost his nerve and ran... Knox was emotional and did make some mistakes as a result. Sollecito was textbook cool and calm under pressure.

Had he panicked and made more mistakes, I have no doubt they would all be in prison right now, serving 25+ years!

Even If I was guilty and lying I still wouldn't go up against Sackur on Hard Talk !

learn_more wrote: »
    Even If I was guilty and lying I still wouldn't go up against Sackur on Hard Talk !

"Screw your courage to the sticking place and you will not fail "

I don't mean to be crude, why the hell did Guede make a sh1t in the toilet and leave it there after murdering kertcher? Adrenaline? It's so bizzare
    It's almost like he didn't give a sh1t about being caught (pardon the pun)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

Interesting article re: Knox and her facial expressions.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/oct/08/amanda-knox-facial-expressions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

anna080 wrote: »
    I don't mean to be crude, why the hell did Guede make a sh1t in the toilet and leave it there after murdering kertcher? Adrenaline? It's so bizzare

I think the fact that he not only left Perugia but fled Italy right after the murder demonstrates he did not want to be caught.

It is also 'stinky' that AK took a shower and 'DID NOT NOTICE' there is something stinky in the loo.
    Seriously?

I mean no comment to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

He was probably taking a poop when she walked into the apartment, surprising him in the process. Maybe he just forgot about it?

Tilikum wrote: »
    He was probably taking a poop when she walked into the apartment, surprising him in the process. Maybe he just forgot about it?

What it suggests to me is he didn't break in, he was invited there and made it earlier before the murder. No way would someone murder a girl, take a sh1t, leave it there, then flee the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What it suggests to me is he didn't break in, he was invited there and made it earlier before the murder. No way would someone murder a girl, take a sh1t, leave it there, then flee the country.
    Of course they would.

Ask anyone who's had their house burgled. It's routine for someone who breaks into a house to take a sh1t somewhere; a combination of adrenaline and fear means it's often unavoidable. They often don't have the good grace to **** in the toilet though.

Why he would forget to flush it though is easily explained through the fact that he's an idiot. One would hardly expect Guede to be a mastermind of forensic investigation who would understand that it was possible to get DNA from sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

seamus wrote: »
    Of course they would.

Ask anyone who's had their house burgled. It's routine for someone who breaks into a house to take a sh1t somewhere; a combination of adrenaline and fear means it's often unavoidable. They often don't have the good grace to **** in the toilet though.

Why he would forget to flush it though is easily explained through the fact that he's an idiot. One would hardly expect Guede to be a mastermind of forensic investigation who would understand that it was possible to get DNA from sh1t.

i would consider myself reasonably well educated in scientific matters and i didnt know you could get dna from sh1t. Its not really a stretch to imagine that guede didnt know either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

i would consider myself reasonably well educated in scientific matters and i didnt know you could get dna from sh1t. Its not really a stretch to imagine that guede didnt know either.

You can't, they got the DNA from the toilet paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Cianmcliam wrote: »
    You can't, they got the DNA from the toilet paper.

well thats a relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Great analysis. If you look guilty and act weird (Amanda Knox) you're guilty, If you look calm and innocent (Sollecito) you're also guilty.

The whole thing was a sorry mess

Advertisement